Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Sub-Actuality)

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO
: Retrieve the modified talking pet, Sun Device, or Precursor bomb
: Start a civil war between the Yehat clans
: Destroy the Sa-Matra

great pick, i'm glad i finally played the game i've seen as forum avatars for years.

turn off signatures

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

hamsauce666 posted:

HOW MUCH GOLD AM I CARRYING!?

G is the hotkey for the abacus. That will tell you how much gold you've got in your bags.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

super sweet best pal posted:

G is the hotkey for the abacus. That will tell you how much gold you've got in your bags.

gently caress this

hamsauce666
Apr 11, 2018

Pablo Nergigante posted:

gently caress this

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

gently caress this

hamsauce666
Apr 11, 2018

: Have another race join your alliance

This game, on the other hand, absolutely lives up to the hype. The story setup is great (with a sick setting background and short story in the manual to kick things off!), the writing is funny as hell, and the core gameplay loop (exploration -> resource gathering -> diplomacy -> combat) is awfully satisfying. I'm pretty bad at the combat, but I figure if I don't get better at it soon, I can take the coward's way out and let the computer do the fighting for me. Absolutely looking forward to playing more of this.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Pablo Nergigante posted:

gently caress this

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

gently caress this

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

lmao that is deranged

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

gently caress yeah.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Ur-Quan is chill, just a really pleasant relaxing game until the Slyandro show up again. I just wish your spaceship moved a tiny bit faster on final approach to planets.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Chill game, doubt I'll finish before deadline but I'm having fun

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

i played ur quan some more and think I get it now. the characters are zany in a 90s way and its kind of endearing.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Any time I get on my PC I'm just playing Dragon's Dogma. Anyone know if this works on Steam Deck?

Steve Control: The Urkel Matters

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

mbt posted:

i played ur quan some more and think I get it now. the characters are zany in a 90s way and its kind of endearing.

It's kinda like, the resource gathering part is really quiet and lonely, so when some weirdo alien interrupts you're completely in the mood to entertain their bullshit

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Any time I get on my PC I'm just playing Dragon's Dogma. Anyone know if this works on Steam Deck?

yeah it runs well and has a control setup ready for it

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

you can download it through the steam store so you don't have to fiddle with setting it up and it works fine under proton so you should be golden

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Wanted to make sure I got the little Orz in my trophy case at least. Cool game so far but I'm having a hard time surviving basically anything it throws at me

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Punished Chuck posted:

Wanted to make sure I got the little Orz in my trophy case at least. Cool game so far but I'm having a hard time surviving basically anything it throws at me

buy a second ion cannon and put it in the slot directly behind the first one.

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Spathi ships are also good in most fights if you just kite the ai and spam fart rockets.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

also sink as much RU into the thrusters as you can to outrun pretty much every random encounter in hyperspace.

turn off signatures

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Leadthumb posted:

Spathi ships are also good in most fights if you just kite the ai and spam fart rockets.

They're called BUTT missiles. Read the manual.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Punished Chuck posted:

The Pkunk didn't ally with you, they just give some starships and an item you'll need later on in the story.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

rodbeard posted:

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

rodbeard posted:

My mistake lol

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

The amount of lore in the manual is impressive.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Oops there's three kohr-ah battle groups in orbit around the system I'm on, ganking my rear end if I try to leave. At least they give exposition before cleansing my species.

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

: Start a civil war between the Yehat clans
: Find the source of the crystalline probes

I forgot to take a screenshot of talking to the probe-senders so it's imp honor

this was so cool, really glad I finally played it. real sci fi, funny, with solid gameplay. voice acting was very fun. only found three of the rainbow worlds so I don't know what the secret is there. game had a perfect balance of giving you hints of where to go next and how to find things while still giving room for exploration, though there were a few places (like the final sequence) where I couldn't figure out exactly where to go in a big area so it took some trial and error, which was especially a drag at that moment in the game. maybe some faction could have told me the exact system to look in there. lol at everything about the spathi and the syreen, orz were unsettling. also lol at the backstory on the crystal probes

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

no real secret when it comes to the rainbow worlds - if you get all five they point in a direction, sort of indicating the direction the Precursors may have traveled.. the sequel got fully funded in like two minutes so I imagine they'll address it, lol.

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

turn off signatures

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

hamsauce666
Apr 11, 2018

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Lol

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

lol

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

rolling now

Next short game pick goes to #35, Lunchmeat Larry! Congrats & let me know your game and trophy picks when you can

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ochtima 8: daint ever call me british again