Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Sub-Actuality)

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I was a Tales of Symphonia kid I'm afraid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
just got to disc 2 in ffviii...might have to beat the rest this weekend to get ready for blitzball season

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Sub-Actuality posted:

Game 3-18

Final Fantasy X (PS2) - 2001 - Deadline 5/31/24 11:59EST

The magical world of Spira is under threat from Sin - an evil entity that unleashes havoc, terror and destruction. Join Tidus, a heroic blitzball superstar, and Yuna, a courageous girl skilled in the ancient art of summoning, as they embark on an epic quest to defeat Spira's deadliest enemy. Only the Final Summoning can defeat Sin and bring peace back to Spira.

Final Fantasy X was developed and published by Square and released in 2001 for PlayStation 2. The game was re-released as Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster for PS3 and Vita in 2013, for PS4 in 2015, Windows in 2016, and for Switch and Xbox One in 2019. The game marks the Final Fantasy series transition from entirely pre-rendered backdrops to fully three-dimensional areas (though some areas were still pre-rendered), and is also the first in the series to feature voice acting. Final Fantasy X replaces the Active Time Battle (ATB) system with the Conditional Turn-Based Battle (CTB) system, and uses a new leveling system, the Sphere Grid.

It's a FF game. guess what? it has good music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RR9gXcNdtVE

Link to the game manual:

Trophies:

: Wake up on the beach
: Defeat Sinspawn Gui
: Defeat Anima
: Defeat Natus
: Return to the Ruins
: Beat the game
: Win any Blitzball game
: Hit the Jecht Shot
: Power up Caladbolg (PLATINUM)
: Beat Penance and all three weapons (Ultima, Omega and Nemesis) (EXTREME PSYCHO PLATINUM)

:siren:Game starts 5/1/24 12AM EST:siren:

Thanks to Stux for the game and trophy picks, and good luck imps!

Hell loving yes

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Sub-Actuality posted:

: Wake up on the beach

lol

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Nice, got filtered by Mt Gagazet last time I played so I never finished. The endgame trophies might be an impmas project for me since I'm going to be really busy all month.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

French Accent
Feb 3, 2012

holy poo poo

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
sure why not, I'm between games atm. I will also play x-2.

ty sub-actuality for av & the kins for sig

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

cool, i've never played this and am going to give it an honest shot. slogging through the mess that is FVIII as a kid made me disinterested in the series for a while so i missed this game entirely when it came out. but i've always heard it was really good.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
This is deranged lol

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

ANALOG mode button / LED Indicator

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I like it. The slight clunkiness makes me feel like I'm controlling a piece of industrial machinery or something, it fits the vibe

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

sourdough posted:

This is deranged lol

thought this was for FFX and was getting incredibly confused

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Looks like the same control scheme as the PSX armored cores

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

tmfc posted:

slogging through the mess that is FVIII

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

He’s been acting out lately.

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

he's right.

BUT ffx is epic, fear not

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Grunting and honking in confusion as the manual tells me to press Square to attack and Select to open the map

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Stux posted:

some of us a re trying to be inclusive to zoomer imps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9Cp1AsqFkQ

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i've beat nemesis twice in my lifetime and i think that's probably enough until i retire. good luck, imps.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

super sweet best pal posted:

Nice, got filtered by Mt Gagazet last time I played so I never finished. The endgame trophies might be an impmas project for me since I'm going to be really busy all month.

Between the Sun Sigil and monster capturing it's gonna be an Impmas project for everybody.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I'm absolutely not fighting penance ever again lol

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
I really want to see more of Black Gate but I absolutely cannot deal with the inventory system anymore. I'd rather play the SNES version with no companions. Hell I'd rather play the NES version of 5.

French Accent
Feb 3, 2012

i have both the steam and ps2 versions of FFX, although i've heard some bad stuff about the steam port. i think it's time to undust my PS2.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

French Accent posted:

i have both the steam and ps2 versions of FFX, although i've heard some bad stuff about the steam port. i think it's time to undust my PS2.

the quality of life on the port is good, it's got speedup and faster load times. i do love the ps2 tho

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Original music only. I kind of hate the speed up option because it turns off all the character blabbing

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
i use it for repetitive battling. i like the pace of the game otherwise. it's chill

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

I'd play the ps2 version again to see the old character models, but thats it

que sera sera fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Apr 26, 2024

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

God Yuna is such a babe.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Withyunabymyside

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

In Training posted:

God Yuna is such a babe.

*phone in hand* in which game?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

She's no Lulu.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

In Training posted:

God Yuna is such a babe.

thats so cool [motioning camera crew to stay behind the curtain]

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I got the tude now posted:

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Lol

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

That Little Demon posted:

thats so cool [motioning camera crew to stay behind the curtain]

Lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

lmfao