Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Granted I took probably a year and a half to 2 years off in the middle of 5 lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Wormskull posted:

Worked 4 double shifts, completed Final Fantasy 6 7 and 8, watched the 7 longest Japanese films ever produced. Pretty chill day. Bout to crack open some Evan Williams Egg Nog and start up the grill only to run away and watch from a window when it starts billowing smoke. Laaaaates.

Didn't know Evan Williams made egg nog, I'll keep an eye out

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Worked 4 double shifts, completed Final Fantasy 6 7 and 8, watched the 7 longest Japanese films ever produced. Pretty chill day. Bout to crack open some Evan Williams Egg Nog and start up the grill only to run away and watch from a window when it starts billowing smoke. Laaaaates.

tearfully clutching a photo of me doing a sideways peace sign with BMX XXX booth babe

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

tearfully clutching a photo of me doing a sideways peace sign with BMX XXX booth babe

Lol

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

Wormskull posted:

Lmao

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I think if I beat dragon quest 11, the new Yakuza game, Baldur's gate, and the ff7 remake sequel this year, I'll be happy, but I'd also like to get in super Mario wonder and some of my gaming backlog

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
- yakuza 8 plat
- get through the rest of the pixel remasters (stopped midway through 4)
- finish up ff7r hard mode
- backlog
- game club

ty sub-actuality for av & the kins for sig

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
More Everquest
More WoW Classic Season of Discovery
More Fortnite

less retarded poo poo like mario wonder

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Wormskull posted:

lol

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

if i do half of this ill be happy

backlog: ac6, moon, cyberpunk + dlc, yakuza 1
replay: raidou 1+2, windwaker, twilight princess, ttyd
challengne: s rank a 15 sc djmax chart, sekiro all bosses w demon bell + no charm + no revive, smt5 hard mode demi fiend, take my dogshit zerg onto ladder in brood war and get more than 1 win

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

gonna try to find work doing game art this year.

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

In Training posted:

Lol at both.

Just beat Ys 1 yesterday, 2024 going strong :cool:

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

Leadthumb posted:

I believe in u

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

que sera sera posted:

I believe in u

I showed my friend all the weird poo poo i've been making in here and he encouraged me to go for it. He's gonna reach out to some of his colleagues and see what advice they have.
Same good friend that got me a job at namco networks years ago, so I'm gonna give it my best shot.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Good luck, Leadthumb

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Just beat Ys 1 yesterday, 2024 going strong :cool:

Ys 2 is even better

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Ys III The Wanderers from Ys is one of the most based titles of all time.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
Ys 2 has perhaps one of the most godlike intro songs of all time. Falcom Sound Team JDK FTMFW!!!!

----------------

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Ys Origin and YS VI too.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Wormskull posted:

Ys III The Wanderers from Ys is one of the most based titles of all time.

For the longest time my only exposure to Wanderers was the unbelievably wack SNES port with some of the worst use of the console's sound chip ever lol and yet I couldn't help but enjoy it

I would go on to play the Genesis and tg16 versions, but only fairly recently beat the original pc-88/98 and drat, it's actually p good and falcom got done dirty by the SNES version

they went with the same company for mask of the sun and naturally the results suck rear end compared to dawn of ys, wtf falcom, you should have known dudes!!!!

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I had the SNES one as a kid. Loved the soundtrack.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

There's something super nostalgic about it and it wraps around to being cool in its own way but compared to everything else on the system it's only a few steps above Resident Evil Fake Deaf Guy OST

E:

The SNES version got this banger that im sad never jumped into other ones

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZP55hdRcvA

Good soup! fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Jan 3, 2024

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
It's no FM Synth but the SNES Wanderers from Ys ost still whips rear end. Are you out of your loving MIND?

----------------

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

It's cool but also.........bad...

😎

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Hizke posted:

It's no FM Synth but the SNES Wanderers from Ys ost still whips rear end. Are you out of your loving MIND?

Go ahead call Mieko Ishikawa a hack. Say it.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I tried to look up whoever did the sound for the SNES version and it was apparently three people, so ill blame them all collectively for letting ishikawa down and protect her honor

Gaming goal 2024: continue begging for ys 5 remake, where the gently caress is it

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Good soup! posted:

Ys 2 is even better

I just got my first magic spell. This game is hitting

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

couple of goals so far:

- getting a controller working on my wifes ancient lovely pc so she can play pcsx2. its installed, got the bios, got the iso, running smooth, but i've spent a few hours looking for the controller drivers i need and no dice. just gonna cut my losses and grab her a cheap controller off of amazon

- starting and finishing persona 3 when the remaster drops

Hizke posted:

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

I want to pick up where I left off with playing all the mainline Final Fantasy games this year. I stopped at the beginning of V

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Sub-Actuality posted:

I want to pick up where I left off with playing all the mainline Final Fantasy games this year. I stopped at the beginning of V

enjoy the job system and Gilgamesh's theme.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Sub-Actuality posted:

V and VI are incredible, bon voyage!

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Sub-Actuality posted:

V and VI are the best traditional and cinematic final fantasy games respectively, and also the best two FF games overall. you will enjoy them both thoroughly (threat)

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Finish all the RPGs I started playing last year and forgot about.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

rodbeard posted:

Finish all the RPGs I started playing last year and forgot about.

This for every year I've been alive .

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
if i can get to my psycho based all out witcher plan of all the books + W3 that i previously planned id be surprised but if not 2025 is only 363 days away

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

finish Elden Ring

play:
Dragon Quest 4
Yakuza Kiwami 2
Bug Fables
Astlibra
Armored Core 6
Alan Wake 2
Hades 2
Ghost Trick
Silksong...
maybe Baldur's Gate 3

hit Diamond in SF6

play more multiplayer with imps

Arch Nemesis fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Apr 30, 2024

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

also I'll be anonymously sending Leadthumb's fyad post history along with an eleven-page letter outlining the problematic history of the place to all major game studios, indie darlings, and 1%-funded Kickstarter flash projects

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Arch Nemesis posted:

also I'll be anonymously sending Leadthumb's fyad post history along with an eleven-page letter outlining the problematic history of the place to all major game studios, indie darlings, and 1%-funded Kickstarter flash projects

lmao noooooooooooooooooo

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Arch Nemesis posted:

lol

ty sub-actuality for av & the kins for sig

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Leadthumb posted:

good luck!

Arch Nemesis posted:

good luck!