Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Thats the one where hes changing the story as it goes along right ive had it on steam for close to a decade now lol

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

ArfJason posted:

Thats the one where hes changing the story as it goes along right ive had it on steam for close to a decade now lol

Yeah lol, it's sick

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

• Like a Dragon: Ishin!
  • The Outer Worlds: Spacer's Choice Edition
  • Like A Dragon Gaiden: The Man Who Erased His Name
  • Super Mario RPG
  • Persona 3 Reload
  • Call of Juarez Gunslinger

Incredibly fun arcade style shoot'em'up. Hasn't missed a beat since release 10+ years ago. You should absolutely play this game if you love being a cowboy. 4/5

i grabbed this for switch a little while back and never played it, i'll have to give it a shot soon.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Unicorn Overlord - Expert Difficulty, Platinum Trophy

Absolutely phenomenal game. A really cool and different take on the strategy rpg genre. I loved it.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

ArfJason posted:

That poo poo blew my mind when I played it

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

No Case Should Remain Unsolved

A very short little mystery/deduction game. Really good

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

10) dragon quest 11

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Joey McChrist posted:

10) dragon quest 11

congrats.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

26) dragon ball z budokai (ps2, cleared main story scenarios)

never played these or any dbz game really as a kid so i wanna go back and see the first 3 budokais. this isnt particularly good to play but the presentation is funny in spots

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Finally got a day off after 2 months and I’m birthday gaming. Wrong thread. gently caress you.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Finally got a day off after 2 months and I’m birthday gaming. Wrong thread. gently caress you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1ih-Fz-TXQ

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Happy birthday, Wormskull

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

herculon posted:

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
1. Arcade Archives: Mystic Warriors (Nintendo Switch, Spyros 1CC, 646k points)
2. Sega Tetris (1998, Dreamcast, 1CC)
3. Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney (Trilogy version)

wow what a game. im quite fond of it. the redone art looks a lot better than the original trilogy rereleases imo. looking forward playing the next two again but now on a real screen

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

herculon posted:

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

The mother loving Worm.

----------------

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

herculon posted:

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

• Like a Dragon: Ishin!
  • The Outer Worlds: Spacer's Choice Edition
  • Like A Dragon Gaiden: The Man Who Erased His Name
  • Super Mario RPG
  • Persona 3 Reload
  • Call of Juarez Gunslinger
  • Shin Megami Tensei IV

5/5. Easy. Replaying this game made me realize how half-baked SMT5 was and how most of my praises of it were purely mechanical. The atmosphere and writing in 4 are 100x better than any of the scraps found in 5. The various hosed up human factions, the demon negotiations, Burroughs, etc. There's just no comparing them. 5 is still a good game but it's missing so much personality from the earlier SMT games. The spooky abandoned town/office building vibe along with the OST goes crazy in SMT4 and there's really nothing like that in 5. I'll probably replay 4A after this to keep the train running. Godly games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqKWbj7mgmw

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

13. Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time

I've never played it before and really liked it.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Princess Peach: Showtime!

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Regy Rusty posted:

Princess Peach: Showtime!

is it good. i dont know nothin about it

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Finally beat Yakuza 5. Epic as hell even though I forgot who some characters were by the end since I had a few long gaps in playing

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
7+ Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot - Goku's Next Journey (All Sub-Stories, Level 250 Super Saiyan 2 Vegeta Defeated)

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

mycophobia posted:

is it good. i dont know nothin about it

It's extremely short, but it's fun and has some cool ideas. I liked it but with only 3 levels per costume it does end up feeling a bit underbaked. They could've done more with it.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

7) Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time

Boofy
Sep 11, 2001

1. robocop: rogue city
2. trepang2
3. halo: reach
4. final fantasy 7 remake intergrade
5. long gone days
6. command & conquer: renegade

since this was just added to steam i decided to go through it again for the first time since probably like 2008. even with fan patches it's still a bit unstable on new hardware which is kind of annoying when the latter half of the game is full of rocket launcher guys who one hit kill you at full health. still a lot of fun though although the first half is way better. i've always liked the detail put into imagining the interiors of the buildings (especially the nod barracks). multiplayer is still the primary draw of course and apparently this now has 50 and 127 man servers now so i might check that out before i go back to ff7 rebirth.

thanks to dendy, for good sig

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ori and the will of the wisps. love this game even though it very heavily rips off hollowknight. hope theyre working on ori 3

----------------

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The Hex

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Boofy posted:

1. robocop: rogue city
2. trepang2
3. halo: reach
4. final fantasy 7 remake intergrade
5. long gone days
6. command & conquer: renegade

since this was just added to steam i decided to go through it again for the first time since probably like 2008. even with fan patches it's still a bit unstable on new hardware which is kind of annoying when the latter half of the game is full of rocket launcher guys who one hit kill you at full health. still a lot of fun though although the first half is way better. i've always liked the detail put into imagining the interiors of the buildings (especially the nod barracks). multiplayer is still the primary draw of course and apparently this now has 50 and 127 man servers now so i might check that out before i go back to ff7 rebirth.

I loved that game, but I never got the chance to try th multiplayer. Are there enough people playing to fill up a server? I might have to pick it up while I'm off work next week.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

the multiplayer is absolutely insane in the best possible way if you can get on a bug server. its wild ea havent tried to resurrect the brand and make a reboot that tries to be an esport

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
9. Final Fantasy 7: Intergrade (All Stories, Normal, Chadley Defeated)

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

1) A Plague Tale: Innocence
2) Dragon Quest 1 (GBC)
3) HI-Fi Rush
4) A Plague Tale: Requiem
5) Secret of Evermore
6) Granblue Fantasy: Relink (Final Chapter Credits)
7) Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown (Immortal)
8) Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
9) Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
10) Persona 3: Reload (Merciless)
11) 999: 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors
12) Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney – Justice for All

Last case was goated.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
1) Hogwarts Legacy
2) Aliens: Fireteam Elite
3) Styx: Master of Shadows
4) Starfield
5) Battlefield Hardline
6) Styx: Shards of Darkness
7) Metro 2033
8) Intravenous 2: Mercenarism
9) Metro: Last Light
10) The Bunker
11) Who Pressed Mute on Uncle Marcus?
12) She Sees Red
13) Metro Exodus

Pretty good! Hard to say if I prefer this one over the others. In some ways, yep it's definitely mechanically better, but I feel like it ditched a lot of the tension and desperation of the first two games, by turning it into sandbox levels that you can tackle at your own pace (for most of the game, anyway). Each of the three games is great in its own way though, so no complaints here!

At this stage, I might clean up a few of my shorter games while chipping away at BG3. (Currently partway into act 2, but I've been trying to do as much as I can in each area, so I'll no doubt be a while)

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

Final Fantasy XIII-2. Fantastic game, and I loved the completely insane ending. Collecting monsters and powering them up never got old. I got a little burned out from doing a ton of side content so I will probably play some other stuff before diving into Lightning Returns.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Astlibra Revision

I played most of this back in February but I got burned out and took a break when Unicorn Overlord came out. Finally went back and finished the true final chapter today. It's a good game!

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Regy Rusty posted:

Astlibra Revision

I played most of this back in February but I got burned out and took a break when Unicorn Overlord came out. Finally went back and finished the true final chapter today. It's a good game!

It sure is

Boofy
Sep 11, 2001

rodbeard posted:

I loved that game, but I never got the chance to try th multiplayer. Are there enough people playing to fill up a server? I might have to pick it up while I'm off work next week.

I checked after posting that and there were one or two servers with a good pop even though it was a weekday morning so there’s definitely a community that’s small but enough to get consistent games, and now that it’s on steam it’s probably going to get a bit of a boost.

thanks to dendy, for good sig

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

9. Rift Wizard 2 (early access)

I love summon spam and I love this game. Second best roguelike of all time.

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

9) Yoku's Island Express (All quests and upgrades)

cute little indie, little like Ori but with the movement and puzzles based on pinball. pretty fun, though some of the optional stuff is a little frustrating if you miss a tight timing window. check it out if a breezy metroidvania with pinball sounds fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

yokus island express ftw