Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

trying to jack off posted:

it was originally in there until i gave some feedback during the beta test

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

lmao

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

lol

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Lmao

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

lol

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

10) Baldur's Gate 3 co-op as The Dark Urge

I got shot with 40 magic missiles and didn't get to move for the the entirety of the final boss while my friend walked in and killed the thing by himself. Overcame my dark urge and married Wyll.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
1) Hogwarts Legacy
2) Aliens: Fireteam Elite
3) Styx: Master of Shadows
4) Starfield
5) Battlefield Hardline
6) Styx: Shards of Darkness
7) Metro 2033
8) Intravenous 2: Mercenarism
9) Metro: Last Light
10) The Bunker
11) Who Pressed Mute on Uncle Marcus?
12) She Sees Red
13) Metro Exodus
14) The Gallery
15) Blade Runner

The last couple of acts went by real quick! I tried playing the role of replicant-retirer as straight as I could - killed one who attacked me early on, then hunted down (but didn't get to finish off) another couple throughout most of the game. I helped keep the main replicant's 'adopted daughter' (for lack of better words. Just some teen he took in) out of trouble in a few spots, as she was human and wasn't causing any harm. But for the suspects, I hunted them down as well as I could. Ended up testing some stripper who happened to be the girlfriend of the main replicant and subsequently I.D.'d them as a rep themselves, so we got into a gunfight and I killed her. I have a feeling that she may've actually been a human and was misidentified by the test as a replicant though, since later on some dialogue indicated that my character had killed a human during the course of the game, which was weird... I'll chalk them up as a rep though, given the test came up positive and they tried murdering me, either way.

In the end though, I let the main replicant guy go off and get himself killed in a gunfight, while I got out of town with the guy's adopted daughter. Since I had been framed and, although I had evidence to prove my innocence, my contact at the PD was murdered at our meeting, which wouldn't have helped my case. (And then on top of that, when we were escaping I had to kill my former police partner, after they bought the lies that were spun about me and tried ambushing me. So my career was done either way)

I'm not sure how the other endings pan out, but this one was appropriately of the "slightly optimistic, yet also clear that I'm very very hosed" variety. Either way, it was a pretty good point and click adventure! The best I've played, I think. Often P&C games seem to require loads of backtracking and pixel-hunting, but this one wasn't too bad. I wouldn't mind playing another one of this game's calibre, for sure.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i got blade runner back in the day in a pack that also contained c&c renegade, lands of lore and tiberian sun for like $20. absolute bargain of a package

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

p4g - golden ending

p3 has a better story, p4 has better everything else. that being said i think p4's story being so saccharine is bad enough to make it worse than p3 overall lol. i can see why they did it though. p3's ending made me want to kill myself, and so they swung back hard in the other direction to make sure everyone has a happy ending.

rise-chan is the best.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
1. Arcade Archives: Mystic Warriors (Nintendo Switch, Spyros 1CC, 646k points)
2. Sega Tetris (1998, Dreamcast, 1CC)
3. Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney (Trilogy version)
4. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney – Dual Destinies (Trilogy version)
5. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney – Spirit of Justice (Trilogy version)

ive now played both trilogies twice. this one wraps up the series really nicely.

anyway i had the idea in the middle of playing these to go back and play the original trilogy in japanese, which i think will be very good for improving my comprehension because the entire game is reading assloads of text and responding correctly to text prompts. so i will be doing that next

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Start Again: A Prologue and In Stars and Time

Counting these together as one game since Start Again is essentially a demo, even if it does have its own distinct events. An insanely cool timeloop game with lots of great twists and turns. It's a little bit tedious in parts since it's also an RPG and it will have you going through the same dungeon repeatedly and needing to level your party members. But the number of times you have to actually go through the whole dungeon are pretty few and it's not all that long. Most of the time you can just skip ahead and enemies are pretty avoidable. Overall I really loved it.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Regy Rusty posted:

Start Again: A Prologue and In Stars and Time

Counting these together as one game since Start Again is essentially a demo, even if it does have its own distinct events. An insanely cool timeloop game with lots of great twists and turns. It's a little bit tedious in parts since it's also an RPG and it will have you going through the same dungeon repeatedly and needing to level your party members. But the number of times you have to actually go through the whole dungeon are pretty few and it's not all that long. Most of the time you can just skip ahead and enemies are pretty avoidable. Overall I really loved it.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I should really play Phoenix Wright at some point

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

It rules

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

mycophobia posted:

ive now played both trilogies twice. this one wraps up the series really nicely.

anyway i had the idea in the middle of playing these to go back and play the original trilogy in japanese, which i think will be very good for improving my comprehension because the entire game is reading assloads of text and responding correctly to text prompts. so i will be doing that next

Are you going to play Great Ace Attorney.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Kongming posted:

everyone should

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

symbolic posted:

everyone should

this

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Kongming posted:

eventually

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Herlock Sholmes

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

symbolic posted:

everyone should

ty sub-actuality for av & the kins for sig

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

mycophobia posted:

eventually

it's super sick

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Unicorn Overlord. All towns liberated and restored, all quests finished except for the treasure map ones that I couldn't be bothered to hunt down, including the post-game quest. Absolutely incredible game. It feels like my dream game in a lot of ways, very similar in tone, story, and characters to an older Fire Emblem game but the combat is really innovative and cool--instead of ordering each soldier around you group them up in units of up to five soldiers in one, set their skills and customize the conditions under which they'll use each skill, and then when they encounter an enemy unit the battles play out automatically based on how you have them set up, so there's a huge amount of different combinations and synergies you can set up based on which soldiers you have in each unit, which skills you have them learn, and what conditions they'll use them under. Watching them automatically wipe out a bunch of enemies with the setup you've already done in advance is way more satisfying than directly controlling them somehow. The map design is also really good which has been the Achilles heel of a lot of games in this genre. Then on top of that you've got fantastic art and animation like you'd expect from Vanillaware and a great score.

It might just be recency bias so I'll have to sleep on it a bit further but it might be my favorite tactical/strategic RPG, a genre I play a good deal of. Even the greats in the genre like Tactics Ogre didn't grab me as completely as this one did. It's also the first Vanillaware game I've finished so I'll have to check out more of their backlog, I think I've collected all of their games available in the west on modern consoles on sales over the last few years and 13 Sentinels has been one of those games that I've always wanted to start but there's always another game I want to get to just a little bit more, will definitely have to put it higher on the priority list.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

13 sentinels ftmfw

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

absolutely anything posted:

13 sentinels ftmfw

This

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

13 Genitals.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Agreed completely on the mechanics and art of unicorn so far. I think the story is a pretty big let down, vanillaware writing is usually a bit more gonzo and high-concept. But this is pretty mundane and rote for most of it. I havent gotten attached to any characters either. Pretty blank slate

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

Agreed completely on the mechanics and art of unicorn so far. I think the story is a pretty big let down, vanillaware writing is usually a bit more gonzo and high-concept. But this is pretty mundane and rote for most of it. I havent gotten attached to any characters either. Pretty blank slate

yeh the writing is very mid but everything else kicks a ton of rear end and it's very easy yo play for 15-20 minutes and get somethin done. I remember like three characters though lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

melisandre ftw

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Fungah! posted:

melisandre ftw

lol just recruited her a lil while ago & agreed

ty sub-actuality for av & the kins for sig

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

The story does get a little crazier as you get towards the end but it saves most of it for late-game plot twists, don’t know how it compares to other Vanillaware games but it’s more than you’d expect from the early phases of the game at least. Characters I kind of agree on and kind of don’t, I can definitely say that I like plenty of characters but it’s like enough to get me through the game and think “hey I kind of like these guys 🙂” and not much more. Compared to Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones for example which I played about 20 years ago as a middle schooler and haven’t replayed since but I can still think back on several of my favorite characters from it and their best moments in supports and stuff. I don’t see myself doing that with these characters even if I do like them now.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

rapports are th worst part of the game, like 2 people have good ones lol. biggest disappointment for sure. but man then you do poo poo like th big battle in drakenhold and it's like, who gives a poo poo, game kicks rear end

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

mycophobia posted:

on second thought jumping right into another ace attorney game after spending 85 hours playing 3 of them back to back is making me physically tired

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

you should play the edgeworth games

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Kentucky Route Zero

Epic

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fungah! posted:

rapports are th worst part of the game, like 2 people have good ones lol. biggest disappointment for sure. but man then you do poo poo like th big battle in drakenhold and it's like, who gives a poo poo, game kicks rear end

Yup.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also getting into the battle prep screen and you're losing 40-240 and then you make two Tactics tweaks and toggle an Assist and boom. It's a clean sweep. Total victory. Untouchable tacticsfeel.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

Also getting into the battle prep screen and you're losing 40-240 and then you make two Tactics tweaks and toggle an Assist and boom. It's a clean sweep. Total victory. Untouchable tacticsfeel.

everything about the colosseum. absolutely impeccable. godlike even

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

It kicks so much rear end

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!