Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
10. Yu-Gi-Oh! The Eternal Duelist Soul (All Duelists Defeated)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

Mamkute posted:

10. Yu-Gi-Oh! The Eternal Duelist Soul (All Duelists Defeated)

lol cool

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

• Like a Dragon: Ishin!
  • The Outer Worlds: Spacer's Choice Edition
  • Like A Dragon Gaiden: The Man Who Erased His Name
  • Super Mario RPG
  • Persona 3 Reload
  • Call of Juarez Gunslinger
  • Shin Megami Tensei IV
  • Tales of Arise

3.5/5. With 0.5 added for nostalgia value. This is essentially a ps2 action rpg from 2002, for all of the positive and negatives. Mid as gently caress but in a way that's still weirdly good, like a slim jim. The story was decent enough, if not a little overloaded in the final few hours. The characters were shockingly good. I liked everyone in the cast aside from the main 2 characters since they were a little too generic for me. The gameplay was fine, kinda chaotic and tough to tell what is an enemy cast or a friendly one.. nothing to write home about

The thing that stood out to me were the settings. Some really neat areas to run around in, kinda reminded me of DQ in that way. I can't really recommend this game to anyone unless you also grew up playing 3/5 ps2 rpgs, but if you did you'll enjoy at least something this game has to offer

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

8) The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Dragon's Dogma 2

They improved almost everything about DD1's core gameplay which is about all I could ask for. I like that classes are way more distinct than in the first game, and it seems like Warfarer will give the game a lot of replay value since it's a "make your own hybrid" class. I wish it had as many setpiece dungeons as DD1's main game because the main quests in this aren't as good as the Wyrm Hunt quests from the first game. Side quests are way better though so it's kind of a wash. This still feels as jank and unfinished in the same ways DD1 did, which is kind of charming but also a little frustrating. Still the most fun I've had with an RPG since Elden Ring.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers. First time revisiting it in about 20 years, I loved this game as a kid and it still largely holds up, although there were some frustrations here and there. I did a level or two as Aragorn but mostly played as Legolas and had a good time loosing 100 arrows at anything that moved. I'll have to revisit the other LOTR games from this era soon, I've been on a Tolkien kick for the last several months.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
TOEM. It was good.

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

Punished Chuck posted:

The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers. First time revisiting it in about 20 years, I loved this game as a kid and it still largely holds up, although there were some frustrations here and there. I did a level or two as Aragorn but mostly played as Legolas and had a good time loosing 100 arrows at anything that moved. I'll have to revisit the other LOTR games from this era soon, I've been on a Tolkien kick for the last several months.

ive been on a tolkein kick as well. enjoying it w/ the wife and kids. however-i knew the hobbit movies sucked i just forgot how badly. the first hobbit movie that is a cartoon from 50 years ago still holds the gently caress up though. its funny how its almost more accurate to the book than the freaking peter jackson hobbit trilogy

----------------

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

insane anime posted:

ive been on a tolkein kick as well. enjoying it w/ the wife and kids. however-i knew the hobbit movies sucked i just forgot how badly. the first hobbit movie that is a cartoon from 50 years ago still holds the gently caress up though. its funny how its almost more accurate to the book than the freaking peter jackson hobbit trilogy

this 100%. the hobbit is primarily a children's story and the rankin bass cartoon captures its spirit far better than a bloated epic trilogy

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

insane anime posted:

absolutely. th peter jackson hobbit movies are pure dogshit lol

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

the where there sa whip song "whips" rear end :D

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

insane anime posted:

Rankin+Bass Hobbit ftw. I thought the first PJ movie was decent but there's practically no freaking hobbit in the third Hobbit.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

rankin+bass return of the king lmao

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

mycophobia posted:

this 100%. the hobbit is primarily a children's story and the rankin bass cartoon captures its spirit far better than a bloated epic trilogy

Fungah! posted:

absolutely. th peter jackson hobbit movies are pure dogshit lol

welcome posted:

Rankin+Bass Hobbit ftw. I thought the first PJ movie was decent but there's practically no freaking hobbit in the third Hobbit.

theres a million bad things to say about them. supposedly its not peter jacksons fault, which i halfway believe, because the lotr movies are literally some of the best ever made. i had heard that he picked it up from guillermo del toro or w/e midway thru and just had to run with it. that doesnt really explain why movies 2 and 3 are so poo poo though.

the hobbit came out the year i graduated high school and i remember we got to go on a field trip to see it lol. even then it looked like poo poo, and i think most of us were stoned or drinking. i remember thinking i would have rather been back in class watching the stupid hamlet movie on the av department roll in dvd player. and it gets worse looking each year. there are some funny rear end cgi scenes in LOTR trilogy, but honestly they fit it. all the costumes and real things shot have aged so much better than wack rear end hobbit .

not to mention all the extra bloated poo poo added.. The fake rear end story on how Thorin got his name, the fake rivalry between him and some CGI orc, THe love triangle between a handsome dwarf + the girl from lost + LEGOLAS?? why the gently caress did they have to add that lol. Theres also some shoe horned stuff in there like a dwarfs pocket being picked and he has a picture "thats my son.. Gimli";;; so stupid.

----------------

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

oddium posted:

the where there sa whip song "whips" rear end :D

Yep, it's a fantastic song! :D (Here it is, if anyone doesn't know it) Agreed on the PJ trilogy, too - such a botch job.

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

Major Isoor posted:

Yep, it's a fantastic song! :D (Here it is, if anyone doesn't know it) Agreed on the PJ trilogy, too - such a botch job.

lol

theres a hobbit audiobook that is fun to listen to in the car or bed time by andy serkis. its the best acting in an audio book ive ever heard, theres so much attention to detail in the sound, and it has top notch records of every song.

----------------

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

insane anime posted:

Theres also some shoe horned stuff in there like a dwarfs pocket being picked and he has a picture "thats my son.. Gimli";;; so stupid.

lol classic they frikkin love doing that poo poo
prequels are for leo pointing

thanks for the epic sig el spider

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I haven’t seen any movies outside of Jackson’s LOTR trilogy but I do really want to see the animated ones sometime, I’ve heard really good things. I’ve been buying up all his books and started The Fall of Gondolin recently but at the rate I’ve been gaming instead of reading it’ll probably take me a decade to finish them all.

insane anime posted:

lol

theres a hobbit audiobook that is fun to listen to in the car or bed time by andy serkis. its the best acting in an audio book ive ever heard, theres so much attention to detail in the sound, and it has top notch records of every song.

Oh that’s awesome, I listened to his audiobook narration of the LOTR trilogy a few months ago and they were fantastic, I didn’t know he did The Hobbit too. I’ll have to start that soon. I had his version of Sam’s troll song from the beginning of Fellowship stuck in my head for weeks after lol.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I watched the first PJ hobbit movie on a plane and it sucked rear end so I never watched the others. I’ve been a tolkienhead since I was a kid and the LOTR movies are great so it was pretty disappointing

I’ve told this story before but return of the king came out in the midst of finals during my freshman year in college and I went to see it at a midnight showing when I had an 8am biology final the next morning. Didn’t get home until probably like 4:30 and needless to say I failed that class

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

Punished Chuck posted:

I haven’t seen any movies outside of Jackson’s LOTR trilogy but I do really want to see the animated ones sometime, I’ve heard really good things. I’ve been buying up all his books and started The Fall of Gondolin recently but at the rate I’ve been gaming instead of reading it’ll probably take me a decade to finish them all.

Oh that’s awesome, I listened to his audiobook narration of the LOTR trilogy a few months ago and they were fantastic, I didn’t know he did The Hobbit too. I’ll have to start that soon. I had his version of Sam’s troll song from the beginning of Fellowship stuck in my head for weeks after lol.

enjoy brother :cheers:

----------------

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I watched the first PJ hobbit movie on a plane and it sucked rear end so I never watched the others. I’ve been a tolkienhead since I was a kid and the LOTR movies are great so it was pretty disappointing

I’ve told this story before but return of the king came out in the midst of finals during my freshman year in college and I went to see it at a midnight showing when I had an 8am biology final the next morning. Didn’t get home until probably like 4:30 and needless to say I failed that class

lmao. dope

----------------

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lol u were that guy that gave the lord of the rings speech b4 the test started

thanks for the epic sig el spider

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fucker posted:

Lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

insane anime posted:

theres a million bad things to say about them. supposedly its not peter jacksons fault, which i halfway believe, because the lotr movies are literally some of the best ever made. i had heard that he picked it up from guillermo del toro or w/e midway thru and just had to run with it. that doesnt really explain why movies 2 and 3 are so poo poo though.

the hobbit came out the year i graduated high school and i remember we got to go on a field trip to see it lol. even then it looked like poo poo, and i think most of us were stoned or drinking. i remember thinking i would have rather been back in class watching the stupid hamlet movie on the av department roll in dvd player. and it gets worse looking each year. there are some funny rear end cgi scenes in LOTR trilogy, but honestly they fit it. all the costumes and real things shot have aged so much better than wack rear end hobbit .

not to mention all the extra bloated poo poo added.. The fake rear end story on how Thorin got his name, the fake rivalry between him and some CGI orc, THe love triangle between a handsome dwarf + the girl from lost + LEGOLAS?? why the gently caress did they have to add that lol. Theres also some shoe horned stuff in there like a dwarfs pocket being picked and he has a picture "thats my son.. Gimli";;; so stupid.

dude i couldnt even make it through 2 lol let alone 3. insane bullshit bad decisions bein made everywhere nd terrible cgi, and slow as hell too. shouldve been one movie with none of the added poo poo. maybe have like one shot of legolas in the wood elf palace because it at least fuckin makes sense but like do they owe orlando bloom money? what's he fuckin doin here

peter jackson kicks rear end but it feels like he ws barely there lol, feel like they handed him a shitload of money and said get this made and we don't care how bad it is

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

Fucker posted:

----------------

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Never thought I’d fail a test side by side with an elf.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lol hell yeah

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Fucker posted:

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

Fungah! posted:

dude i couldnt even make it through 2 lol let alone 3. insane bullshit bad decisions bein made everywhere nd terrible cgi, and slow as hell too. shouldve been one movie with none of the added poo poo. maybe have like one shot of legolas in the wood elf palace because it at least fuckin makes sense but like do they owe orlando bloom money? what's he fuckin doin here

peter jackson kicks rear end but it feels like he ws barely there lol, feel like they handed him a shitload of money and said get this made and we don't care how bad it is

lol literally same here. we were half way through the rental of the second one and we all just agreed to let it it expire lmfao

----------------

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lol check this out. fuckin cool

Bloom has a tattoo of the Elvish word "nine" on his right wrist, written in fictional Tengwar Elvish script, a reference to his involvement in The Lord of the Rings as one of the nine members of the Fellowship of the Ring. The other actors of "The Fellowship" (Sean Astin, Sean Bean, Billy Boyd, Ian McKellen, Dominic Monaghan, Viggo Mortensen, and Elijah Wood) got the same tattoo with the exception of John Rhys-Davies whose stunt double got the tattoo instead.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

insane anime posted:

lol

that sounds loving cool, andy serkis ftw

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Fungah! posted:

Bloom has a tattoo of the Elvish word "nine" on his right wrist, written in fictional Tengwar Elvish script, a reference to his involvement in The Lord of the Rings as one of the nine members of the Fellowship of the Ring. The other actors of "The Fellowship" (Sean Astin, Sean Bean, Billy Boyd, Ian McKellen, Dominic Monaghan, Viggo Mortensen, and Elijah Wood) got the same tattoo with the exception of John Rhys-Davies whose stunt double got the tattoo instead.

lmao

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Fungah! posted:

drat, Gimli's stunt double must've been pretty badass, in order for the actual actor to be ignored in favour of him! :D

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

Fungah! posted:

at goon con me and the other 8 latina loving christian hermetic fyad posters did that, and it said Mine for minecraft, but lucy got it twice because Aidsler is her alt

----------------

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

The Hobbit movies are brutally awful, they somehow managed to be joyless and convoluted and felt like they completely missed the point of the book

I hear people have done some competent re-edits that turn it into one film and are apparently an improvement but I never had time to check them out. Honestly the Rankin+Bass special is still wonderful and I am stoked to read the book and watch the movie with my daughters when they're a bit older

Come to think of it, the only "fan edit" type thing I've ever watched was the Lynch Dune one that put a lot of the cut scenes back in and it's wild what they got rid of versus what they kept. For some reason Dino de Laurentiis and Co. thought it was a good decision to wipe out stuff like the initial explanation of the Lisan al Gaib when they first arrive on Arrakis which is just mind boggling. It's a whopping 90 seconds and sets up the entire movie essentially and it still got the axe lol. The movie is still a bit of a mess but with the other scenes back in it's definitely better

The despecialized star wars movies might fall into that same category but I'm not sure given all the guy did was get to as close to an hd version of the original trilogy as possible

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

There was a moment in a Hobbit trilogy movie where they're flying down a river in barrels fighting orcs while elves shoot arrows and stuff and it sounds awesome on paper but in motion it looked horrible and made me feel depressed lol

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

insane anime posted:

lol

Him doing the gollum voice at 100 is what kept me from finishing two towers

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

insane anime posted:

at goon con me and the other 8 latina loving christian hermetic fyad posters did that, and it said Mine for minecraft, but lucy got it twice because Aidsler is her alt

That’s not the only thing Lucy and John Rhys-Davies have in common lol.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

That’s not the only thing Lucy and John Rhys-Davies have in common lol.

:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

4) Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup

DjFe, Makhleb, 3 Runes

It's good but it's weird.

Got an octopode who is looking good right now.