Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

elf help book posted:

I think if they ported it with zero changes it would sell 12 copies
sounds like an easy 600 bucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

welcome posted:

Swordquest: Earthworld

The guy who figured out how to reuse sprites on the 2600 while dropping acid was behind this so I thought it might be cool. Very early ARG where you had to find clues in the comic book that came with the game to figure out how to solve puzzles in the game to get clues MORE to hidden .stuff in the comic book and finally send the decoded answer to Atari for a chance to win a jeweled knife or some crap. Fortunately the game's a huge piece of poo poo so I don't feel bad about missing out on this opportunity. Nobody has yet figured out how you were intended to solve the puzzles which all consist of leaving objects in random rooms until two numbers appear on the screen, occasionally getting interrupted by the worst minigames I've ever played. 0/5. Can't wait for Fireworld.
I bet I could solve all the puzzles

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Lone Fungus

some fun stuff but really held down by lame enemies, a lot of obnoxious and padded level design, and wonky mechanics in a game where you really need the controls to feel tighter. They throw like 20 different traversal moves at you that feel like they work in really inconsistent ways but then try to work Celeste-style platforming challenges in and it just doesn't feel right. still some fun exploration, but I should have waited before buying cause it'll probably be on gamepass at some point

7/10 I guess, I respect a Kickstarter project just throwing in everything they can and seeing what works but when I don't feel like going for 100% in a <10 hour metroidvania it's a bad sign

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Chants of Shennar

Obra Dinn except deciphering languages instead of solving deaths. Really good! The aesthetic reminds me of Out of this World/Another World which fits really well for exploring confusing alien cultures.

Obra Dinn is probably better but that's just because it's insanely good. This was still really solid

e:lol apparently it's Sennaar? kinda odd I was able to do well at the game if I'm that bad at reading

Martman fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Mar 18, 2024

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

The Case of the Golden Idol (main story)

that was badass. for the first several sections I liked the interface and learning how to put the pieces together, but the story being presented felt kinda random and disconnected. It comes together really nicely though and I love the way it asks you to build that context connecting the different snapshots. The weird art really fits the vibe too, it's gruesome while being goofy enough that it's never too grim. Excited to try the DLC.

It was pretty short but didn't it didn't feel like it had to be longer