Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
1. super mario rpg switch
2. ys 1 chronicles
3. ys 2 chronicles
4. Ys Origin - Yunica Route
5. Dragon Quest XI: echoes of an elusive age
6. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

The REAL Goobusters fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Apr 6, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

The REAL Goobusters posted:

2. ys 1 chronicles
3. ys 2 chronicles

Just finished Ys Origin with Yunica, this was actually a ton of fun. The combat was just so fun and responsive and there was decent challenge to it as well. The annoying sections didn't overstay their welcome. Also the soundtrack loving kicks rear end. Gonna play Hugo and then Claw playthroughs next.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Good soup! posted:

I held off on playing Origin for years and I regretted it, it's one of Falcom's best Ys outings imo

Falcom ftw, now they gotta make the fuckin remake of 5, the SNES game isn't bad it's just bland and way too easy even with the Expert rerelease

falcom owns, its been sick going through their games for the first time. And yeah I looked into 5 and it looks interesting like you can see how they definitley improved on that. Surprising they haven't gone back to it

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

In Training posted:

1. Dragon Quest XI - Platinum. Only draconian quest active was no xp for weaker monsters which I turned off before the final super boss so i could grind to Lvl 99.

Basically a perfect game. I played it on PC when it first came out and absolutely adored it, but dropped it after the Act 2 credits. I still think the act 3 story is weak BUT it still wound up being my favorite part of the game. I loved the free form nature of that enormous finale, where you just get your own memories of the world to guide what you do next.

Amazing squad. Amazing power curve, I think until literally the final grind of the game I was always thinking "oh nice just like 2 more levels until I unlock XX panel, which means I can move to" etc. the towns are all gorgeous and never feel like a chore to hang out in no matter how many tiems the story has you revisiting previous locations.

I jumped between a wide variety of party comps throughout the game, but by the end my absolute boss killer squad was Hero/Jade/Eight/Serena. Erik sometimes subbed for Jade if I could.keep him alive on the harder fights.

This caps off a pretty powerful series run. I started replaying the entire series with my GF a few years ago, who is a mega completionist and made us do every super boss and collect every mini medal etc. in every entry sans X (the nadir was grinding 1000+ battles on Slime Island in PSX DW7 to unlock Hero job for other party members to defeat God fast enough to unlock the spirits battle). now she's my wife and I'm ecstatic at finally seeing every square inch of XI, and the entire series, but really huge hole in my heart now that we've wrapped everything up...here's to continuing to wait for XII. DQ forever. Emotional evening.

5 > 11 > 8 > 3 > 7 > 4 > 1 > 2 > 6. But I even still like 6 it's just meh.

this is so sick, i wanna play some dragon quest now

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

absolutely anything posted:

10) sonic adventure (dreamcast, all character stories complete)

sometimes in life you need to sit down for 11 hours and play sonic adventure from start to finish. anyway game good

dreamcast version ftw

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

The REAL Goobusters posted:

2. ys 1 chronicles
3. ys 2 chronicles

Just beat dq11. God tier game. Everything about this was incredible. Act 3 really started to get challenging and the trials and final boss were so much fun to do. This game loving rules

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

I got the tude now posted:

Kingdom hearts ftw

That’s right

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
2. ys 1 chronicles
3. ys 2 chronicles
6. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

Just finished Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen. Took me 3 or 4 times to get into this game and rerolling vocations until I figured out my playstyle. And then after some patience the game opened up to me and it was amazing. I don't know why no one told me this game took so much from Berserk. Can't wait to buy dragons dogma 2 now lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Good soup! posted:

The original console releases straight up had Guts's and Griffith's armor sets from the Golden Age, and their trademark broadsword and rapier

Always bummed they never carried over but those rights expired years ago

drat thats crazy....that kinda lines up with how Capcom was treating licenses in those days I feel. Also I guess they dropped the intro song from dark arisen for similar license/rights expiration.