Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Brueolb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Leadthumb posted:

I'll try to keep track this year since i made the first page this time.

lol

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
megaman 9 owns

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Mamkute posted:

1. Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Chaos Bleeds (Professional)

how was it

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
1. Arcade Archives: Mystic Warriors (Nintendo Switch, Spyros 1CC, 646k points)

enough for the #2 spot. guy at #1 is doing some boss milking to get 670k-something but i aint got time for that

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
i hate the fuckin eagles man

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

absolutely anything posted:

10) sonic adventure (dreamcast, all character stories complete)

sometimes in life you need to sit down for 11 hours and play sonic adventure from start to finish. anyway game good

hell yeah

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
they should put go in yakuza. the famously fast paced and easy to learn game of go

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Good soup! posted:

5. Deja Vu (NES), 2/1

A short trip down memory lane. Only put in about 90 minutes or so but I only remember watching my brother play it when I was very young, so I got mugged and killed a few times lol

Had to use a guide for the end and felt like a dumbass because I forgot to toss the evidence in the sewer. Goofy rear end game, but I don't miss these old adventure game interfaces though

you ever play uninvited. thats a cool game. legit creepy

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

American McGay posted:

This came up a couple weeks ago and I challenge anyone to name a memorable SMW level that’s not part of Star Road. The secret exits are cool and it’s fun adding that extra level of exploration, but the meat of SMW is just boring, easy and forgettably similar.

how about Yoshi's Island 1, or, perhaps, Yoshi's Island 2

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
theyre cool. you grab a shell and hit a bunch of koopas with it. and giant bullet bills

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
in the castle theres these big things that come down and flatten you. that's pretty memeorable. you fight lemmy on a big like...cut in half wheel or something on top of lava

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
theres butter bridge, with the saws. thats pretty cool. how about forest of illusion 1. it's a forest. how many forests does mario 3 have

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

trying to jack off posted:

cmon dude, world 4 in smb3 beats like all these examples

mario 3 levels arent very substantial. theyre very short even compared to mario 1. i prefer the meatier world levels, not to mention the world map

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Callings posted:

1. Balan Wonderworld

starting the year off strong i see

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
youve averaged a game beat like every 2 days

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
hard to argue with that

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
2. Sega Tetris (1998, Dreamcast, 1CC)

didnt survive the ending but w/e im counting it

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
its hard

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

herculon posted:

Happy birthday, Wormskull

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
3. Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney (Trilogy version)

wow what a game. im quite fond of it. the redone art looks a lot better than the original trilogy rereleases imo. looking forward playing the next two again but now on a real screen

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Regy Rusty posted:

Princess Peach: Showtime!

is it good. i dont know nothin about it

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

insane anime posted:

ive been on a tolkein kick as well. enjoying it w/ the wife and kids. however-i knew the hobbit movies sucked i just forgot how badly. the first hobbit movie that is a cartoon from 50 years ago still holds the gently caress up though. its funny how its almost more accurate to the book than the freaking peter jackson hobbit trilogy

this 100%. the hobbit is primarily a children's story and the rankin bass cartoon captures its spirit far better than a bloated epic trilogy

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
4. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney – Dual Destinies (Trilogy version)

cool game. ridiculous ending. but cool. probably the most forgettable game in the series, as before i started i couldn't recall a single case from when i played it last year or whenever. also the investigations kind of play themselves at this point in the series, starting to feel a lot more visual novely than before. athena cykes is a good character. thats it

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
5. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney – Spirit of Justice (Trilogy version)

ive now played both trilogies twice. this one wraps up the series really nicely.

anyway i had the idea in the middle of playing these to go back and play the original trilogy in japanese, which i think will be very good for improving my comprehension because the entire game is reading assloads of text and responding correctly to text prompts. so i will be doing that next

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Kongming posted:

Are you going to play Great Ace Attorney.

eventually

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

mycophobia posted:

ive now played both trilogies twice. this one wraps up the series really nicely.

anyway i had the idea in the middle of playing these to go back and play the original trilogy in japanese, which i think will be very good for improving my comprehension because the entire game is reading assloads of text and responding correctly to text prompts. so i will be doing that next

on second thought jumping right into another ace attorney game after spending 85 hours playing 3 of them back to back is making me physically tired

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
6. Gradius III (SNES, Hard difficulty, 1CC, reached 2-2)

no-missed to the last checkpoint and then shed a ton of lives, but managed to squeeze by. Arcade difficulty next...?

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
i grab 2 speeds from the beginning and keep that for the rest of the game, but on some checkpoint recoveries i'll only do 1 to start cuz i need the weapons asap

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
hawk wind/vertical/twin laser/f. option/reduce/full barrier

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
i was going to try to do a standard type but ive spoiled myself

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Sub-Actuality posted:

beginning to understand where you got that username lol

lol

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
6. Gradius III (SNES, Hard difficulty, 1CC, reached 2-2)
7. Felix the Cat (NES)

it's fine. looks quite nice. level design is pretty uninspired and its way too easy but i dont regret spending 30 minutes with it i suppose.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
the fmvs are pretty funny

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Frenz posted:

Sonic the Hedgehog (Genesis) -- I managed to get good enough at the bonus stages to get 3 continues and beat it. The later stages are pretty hard.

wow im literally playing this right now. whoa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Try that in the stuffies aisle.