Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
1. Super Mario RPG
2. Mega Man X2
3. Mega Man X3
4. Like A Dragon: Infinite Wealth
5. Nexomon: Extinction
6. Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak
7. Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition
8. Unicorn Overlord
9. Advance Wars 1+2: Re-Boot Camp

ty sub-actuality for av & the kins for sig

Dr. Cool Aids fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Apr 28, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Leadthumb posted:

1.Who stole the books

you missed one

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Leadthumb posted:

bookmarking this for later

which is totally okay, of course. Nobody's perfect haha :)

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
six dirty dicks on a show

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
mmx2 and smrpg

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
mmx3

felt like more mmx after 2 so kept going onto this. gonna agree with whoever said it's better than 2, although how stupidly hard sigma is almost knocked it down. soundtrack is really good in this one.

think that's scratched the itch for now so gonna leave 4 alone. might jump into cave story

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Nutmeg posted:

happy for you both

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Like A Dragon: Infinite Wealth

extremely good. Still got loads to do but thought I'd get the story wrapped up. Will put the rest in spoiler tags

good:
-battle system is so much better than 7. just being able to reposition adds a lot to it, sometimes I'd switch up targets if I could get a back attack in on somebody else, if a guy has a sliver of health you can knock someone into him rather than waste a turn on him etc. Kiryus unique mechanics were also good
-job system also feels a lot more fleshed out, I don't think any of them were obviously poo poo. Aquanaut is a bit average since its jack of all trades but not bad by any stretch
-Street bosses are great. In the early game just exploring and uncovering the map and occasionally getting my poo poo kicked in by guys I'm way underlevelled for was a lot of fun. eventually you get strong enough that nothing on the map is scary but that's the nature of all rpgs
-side content in general. There's pretty much no duds among the new minigames, crazy delivery, sujimon, dondoko are all good. even the arcade is entirely new Sega stuff rather than space harrier for the 10000th time
-In broad strokes I liked the story. Kiryus reminiscing and meeting old friends is pure naked fanservice but I'm happy to be pandered to. New characters were good, old characters still good. Yamai owns

Bad:
-small thing but the early bombardment of new side content, mechanics etc. gets pretty overwhelming. Eventually it calms down but the job system should have come way earlier imo
-bilingual characters lol. The early Engrish with tomizawa and eiji was funny but bryce is insanely bad. supposed to be a charismatic jesus-like cult leader and he talks like he's got severe brain damage. When they give a character two voices it's also obvious, like police officer roman has a really deep imposing Japanese voice then turns into the nerdiest white man alive when he speaks english
-some specific plot elements really drag. The vtuber poo poo got old fast
-battle positioning did get a bit fucky occasionally, especially tag moves. I'd position a line of enemies perfectly, then after it zoomed in on ichi/kiryu and whoever they're tagging with, their position would have changed entirely or the enemies would be somewhere else. never the difference between winning and losing but still annoying
-dwight and wong tou needed more screentime
-boxed prizes in the ufo catcher. Impossible. gently caress!!!!

overall probably an S tier yakuza. I'm sure I'll be biased because of how recent it is but even after I cool off on it I imagine it'll be top 3. god bless rgg studio

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

I got the tude now posted:

Say that to my face, you old rear end bitch

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak

still playing this but credits rolled. Good stuff, not much to say really, it's monster hunter. think the last boss of the main game was better, this one felt a lot like akantor which is a fight I've never enjoyed

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

insane anime posted:

1) Who crop dusted Uncle Marcus's girlfriend?

lmao

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition

very good. technically rolled credits a while ago but didn't wanna count it til act 3 was done.

figured the draconian quests were more for veterans so didn't really wanna get into em until I've had the standard experience. that being said I did run with "game over if hero dies" and it wasn't too bad. Mostly mimics loving me up

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

symbolic posted:

everyone should

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Fungah! posted:

melisandre ftw

lol just recruited her a lil while ago & agreed

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Unicorn Overlord

Really good game, few little annoying things here and there but the whole package is good enough that they don't drag it down. think I might replay this one day on a higher difficulty but not anytime soon lol, its huge. Gave the ring to tatiana. Could use a NG+ mode.

Kingdom ranking

1. Elheim
2. Albion
3. Drakenhold
4. Bastorias
5. Cornia

Advance Wars 1+2: Re-Boot Camp

guess I'm in a strategy mood lol. Still holds up, art style grows on you but eh. Gonna try the challenge campaigns but dunno if I'll see them through as even the tutorial levels are beefy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Kongming posted:

Now you play one in real life :D