Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

New Year, New Thread. Let's Game.

1) Mega Man X2 [1/1/2024]
2) Cave Story - True Ending [1/8/2024]
3) Magicus - True Ending, Hell Difficulty [1/10/2024]

Evil Eagle fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Jan 10, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

1) Mega Man X2

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I like MM9, 10 and 11 the most

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

extremebuff posted:

risk of rain 2, mythrix beat on monsoon. also beat 3rd loop on monsoon as a personal challenge

this is the only good roguelike shooter because it has an obvious good design choice: upgrades are immediately impactful, they all give you more speed/damage/hp, and theres no pointless +3% bullshit
that said the moon and mythrix suck rear end. a terrible terrible ending to a very addictive game. always loop instead

Mamkute posted:

1. Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Chaos Bleeds (Professional)

Bob: Every game he plays is the only good game of that genre.

Mamkute: Loves every game of every genre.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

2 more months...

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

2) Cave Story - True Ending

3) Magicus - True Ending, Hell Difficulty

A match 3 mobile puzzle RPG by the Astlibra developer with a twist where you match special orbs of each color to activate skills and the same old enemy break system from Astlibra. Probably the most poorly translated game I have ever finished and likely ever will. It seems like whoever translated it did attempt to get the story right but everything else, skill descriptions, npc dialogue and so much more were purely machine translated. But something about it kept me coming back for more. It was a lot of fun to decipher such a niche game with such a terrible translation lol. It has a very simple yet satisfying game loop similarly to Astlibra and also like Astlibra, playing on a high difficulty made it much more interesting. Every battle was a struggle until I finally got in the groove around the first ending and started using magics that synergized well and really started focusing on breaking enemies. It took me around 42 hours to get to the ending and I fully cleared the Arena. Will definitely be slowly chipping away at the post-game stuff for the Perfect ending.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

bees x1000 posted:

pretty much how I felt about the game. I got through the latter half by spamming the paralysis and sleep spells.

I focused on physical damage with breaks, chains and getting as many of the special orb matches as possible as all of them aside from red do or lead to insane damage. the spell that creates special orbs and shuffle were by far the most useful tools. using all that plus the double attack skill really made the game a lot easier.

I kept dying on the same turn that I killed enemies earlier on (still don't know how the turn order works lol) so taking advantage of stuff that creates matches without using a turn ended up being my main strategy.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

American McGay posted:

1. Royal Match (Hell Mode, 101%)

American McGay posted:

2. Angry Birds Dream Blast (Hardcore, No Upgrades)

I'd play Epic Dumpster Bear if the Astlibra dev made it tbh

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

bees x1000 posted:

bummer, it must've been pulled off the app store in the last few months. I can still download it but I can't find the store page.

I ended up just installing the APK manually lol

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

3.1) Magicus - Perfect Ending, Hell Difficulty

The postgame was sick. Just one insanely long dungeon filled with enemies that made me mix up my strategy to a mage playstyle. Still focusing on breaks though. It was a long climb to get all the endgame equipment, but it was well worth it. The lightsaber in Astlibra was kinda lame but not the one in this game

There were two bosses, one of which was just a guy with a gun and the final boss was a 20 minute ordeal that had 5.6 million HP. The highest I'd seen previously was a little over 1 mil lol. Lost once, then planned a strategy and beat it down

Maybe now I'll stop being distracted from playing more Raidou 2

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Wormskull posted:

When I finally get my 14 year old LoL account to 30 can I count it as beaten.

You need to win a 3v5 with teemo and rammus teammates to call that game beaten.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

Theres a release of AC5 that was only ever made available as a preorder bonus for AC7, they never put it up for separate sale or download lol

What the gently caress

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

It was also console exclusive. PS4 got AC5 and Xbox got AC6.

PS4 stays winning. Lol

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

bees x1000 posted:

4. Astlibra Revision - true ending, impossible difficulty

Third run through this flawed masterpiece to prep for the DLC. Still a top 10 GOAT. Impossible difficulty means pretty much anything will kill you in 2-3 hits, even after grinding out the best gear available. The sudden deaths make the frequent lost farming progress frustrating but bosses have a quick retry option. The crazy skills you eventually unlock make things a lot easier and I'm not sure if I died at all in the postscript.

Everyone should play Astlibra.

Reading this made me feel like I needed to up the ante for my impossible run.

had to completely focus to beat the ch. 1 boss with just the wind knife at level 4. Still gonna use GROW because possession skills are my favorite part of the combat and I couldn't bear just using the flame dragon for the whole game just yet. maybe on a third run... will probably avoid using the infinite stats at the end of the growth tree

anyway see you in a few months lol

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

absolutely anything posted:

10) sonic adventure (dreamcast, all character stories complete)

sometimes in life you need to sit down for 11 hours and play sonic adventure from start to finish. anyway game good

I've had many such days

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

4) Final Fantasy Legend 1

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Leadthumb posted:

7. La-Mulana 2

One of the best video games ever made. Time to try to figure out how to get into the dlc area.

Glad you enjoyed it this month man.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

5) ASTLIBRA Gaiden: The Cave of Phantom Mist (Hell Difficulty)

Pure Astlibra gameplay with very little story but like 50 new spells and a bunch of cool new mechanics so I loved it. What little story there is more or less confirms a sequel so I'm hype as hell

Did a full run of the dungeon to finish things off, I'll probably go back on Impossible real quick to get the one achievement I missed.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

6) Ninja Five-o (Normal, all hostages)

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Silent Hill 4 The Room ftw

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I really like it

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Joey McChrist posted:

9) golden sun: the lost age - dungeons in this are wayyyy too long, but nothing is all that hard to fight so its just a big slog. is the DS sequel any good?

It's quite rear end I'm afraid

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

7) Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Regy Rusty posted:

Astlibra Revision

I played most of this back in February but I got burned out and took a break when Unicorn Overlord came out. Finally went back and finished the true final chapter today. It's a good game!

It sure is

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

8) The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Mine too

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

9) Sweet Home

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

10) Baldur's Gate 3 co-op as The Dark Urge

I got shot with 40 magic missiles and didn't get to move for the the entirety of the final boss while my friend walked in and killed the thing by himself. Overcame my dark urge and married Wyll.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

you should play the edgeworth games

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Mamkute posted:

putting out the flame war before it starts by saying all of them are great

Thank you.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Just kidding. Ha ha ha. Bye bye.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Even now imps don't know you can hold A and press start on the title screen to start at the beginning of world you game overed on...

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

Thank you for spoiling this. Would be devastating for newbs to know

Agreed.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

11) Free Stars: The Ur-Quan Masters

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

absolutely anything posted:

39) minnesota fats: pool legend (saturn, cleared story mode)

i hate video game pool but if you put a bunch of funny fmv in your video game pool well, i'll play it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

mycophobia posted:

wow im literally playing this right now. whoa.

I assume you're good enough