Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Let's go. Starting off with Returnal.

1. Returnal + Ascension DLC (1/12)
2. The Talos Principle 2 - All Stars and Puzzles (1/20)
3. Spider-Man: Miles Morales (1/22)
4. Another Code: Recollection (1/28)
5. Dredge + The Pale Reach DLC (1/30)
6. Spider-Man 2 (2/4)
7. Turnip Boy Robs a Bank (2/7)
8. Like a Dragon Gaiden: The Man Who Erased His Name (2/18)
9. Unicorn Overlord - Expert Difficulty, Platinum Trophy (3/24)
10. No Case Should Remain Unsolved (3/24)
11. Princess Peach: Showtime! (3/25)
12. The Hex (3/28)
13. Astlibra Revision (3/30)
14. Pepper Grinder (4/6)
15. A Guidebook of Babel (4/7)
16. Start Again: A Prologue and In Stars and Time (4/13)
17. Momodora: Moonlit Farewell (4/16)
18. Murders on the Yangtze River (4/24)

Regy Rusty fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Apr 25, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Returnal + Ascension DLC

Really cool game, glad I could finally play it.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

sourdough posted:

I gotta try the dlc, I loved it at release but didn't play since around then. I think there were some big updates I never tried.

I didn't like the DLC as much as the main game but it was still a fun time. And runs are much shorter which is an acceptable trade off.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The Talos Principle 2 - All Stars and Puzzles

Phenomenal game, outstrips the first game by a mile

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Spider-Man: Miles Morales

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Another Code: Recollection

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Dredge + The Pale Reach DLC

Pretty cool game but the DLC was a bit of a let down

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Spider-Man 2

That was really good, easily my favorite of the Insomniac games so far.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Turnip Boy Robs a Bank

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

trying to jack off posted:

is it good? everything i see about it is always just talking about how the game is either cringe or hilarious

Both Turnip Boy games are very silly, but I think they're pretty fun. I played them on gamepass and had a good time.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Like a Dragon Gaiden: The Man Who Erased His Name

To Be Continued...

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Martman posted:

Lone Fungus

some fun stuff but really held down by lame enemies, a lot of obnoxious and padded level design, and wonky mechanics in a game where you really need the controls to feel tighter. They throw like 20 different traversal moves at you that feel like they work in really inconsistent ways but then try to work Celeste-style platforming challenges in and it just doesn't feel right. still some fun exploration, but I should have waited before buying cause it'll probably be on gamepass at some point

7/10 I guess, I respect a Kickstarter project just throwing in everything they can and seeing what works but when I don't feel like going for 100% in a <10 hour metroidvania it's a bad sign

Yeah it's unfortunate. It's a neat game but it goes in for super hardcore platforming without actually having the mechanics to pull it off, and the platforming challenges end up feeling really out of place in an otherwise not particularly difficult game.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Unicorn Overlord - Expert Difficulty, Platinum Trophy

Absolutely phenomenal game. A really cool and different take on the strategy rpg genre. I loved it.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

No Case Should Remain Unsolved

A very short little mystery/deduction game. Really good

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Princess Peach: Showtime!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

mycophobia posted:

is it good. i dont know nothin about it

It's extremely short, but it's fun and has some cool ideas. I liked it but with only 3 levels per costume it does end up feeling a bit underbaked. They could've done more with it.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The Hex

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Astlibra Revision

I played most of this back in February but I got burned out and took a break when Unicorn Overlord came out. Finally went back and finished the true final chapter today. It's a good game!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Pepper Grinder

Pretty fun with some cool mechanics but so short it felt like they never got explored as fully as I'd have liked.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

A Guidebook of Babel

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Start Again: A Prologue and In Stars and Time

Counting these together as one game since Start Again is essentially a demo, even if it does have its own distinct events. An insanely cool timeloop game with lots of great twists and turns. It's a little bit tedious in parts since it's also an RPG and it will have you going through the same dungeon repeatedly and needing to level your party members. But the number of times you have to actually go through the whole dungeon are pretty few and it's not all that long. Most of the time you can just skip ahead and enemies are pretty avoidable. Overall I really loved it.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Momodora: Moonlit Farewell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Murders on the Yangtze River

Not all that great of a mystery game but still a cool piece of historical fiction from a different perspective, so I enjoyed it.