Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
1. Cave Story (normal, normal)
2. Another World
3. Sweet Home (Siege fan translation, everybody lived)
4. Ninja Five-Oh
5. Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
6. A Short Hike
7. Cobalt Core (all achievements)

Cubone fucked around with this message at 05:23 on May 3, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Leadthumb posted:

1.Who stole the books

lol

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Another World

that was great! I've never played it before, only knew it by reputation. odd mix of intuitive and unforgiving. really enjoyed my time with it. I love how much depth to the world and story is suggested but not made explicit. I could see myself becoming obsessed with it at a younger age

Cubone
May 26, 2011

6. A Short Hike

twee indie game of the Detective Frog/Little Party variety
low poly 3d, bright colors, simple textures, affectedly crunchy rendering, tons of conversational dialogue, quirky characters, open play but linear progression, ain't no point to the game
don't me wrong, love that poo poo. it's like if instead of creating an Important Experience walking sims just wanted to hang out for a bit

but also an unexpectedly great 3d platformer, drat
really, really solid movement controls, to the point that I suspect this was done Nintendo method, where they start by focusing on making the movement fun with no assets, just honing it and honing it until it feels as good as it possibly can, then build the rest of the game on top of that. hopping around, running, gliding, climbing all feel great
and it's a collectathon in that way where it's tied in closely to making it fun to explore every nook and cranny- finding a new area gets you a couple coins, and getting the coins helps you remember where you've already been, and you find power-ups and use things you collect to buy stuff so you can do more stuff and get to more areas. there's minigames, you get rewards for doing well at the minigames, there's little worried critters you can help out. that kind of poo poo

unique blend, good way to while away a lazy afternoon or game with your s.o., I assume