Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

1. Super Mario RPG (all postgame content). Had a blast with this, ended up beating Culex 2D at level 21 or so, and Culex 3D at about level 24. Game was far easier than I remember it being, but the last time I played it I was like 12. Still had a lot of fun. Would recommend. Post game content was pretty good, with Culex 3D presenting somewhat of an actual challenge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

2) Golden Sun
and
3)Golden Sun: The Lost Age.

It's been like a decade or more since I last played these, thought I'd give them a shot on the switch to see how they held up. The first game is... not very good. It's really easy-even the optional 'superboss' isn't very hard, the writing is poor, and while the base underlying systems with Djinn and summons has promise, the game struggles to deliver on that promise. It's short for a jrpg at least, clocking in at like 10-15 hours.

TLA is a pretty substantial step up. The game delivers a lot better on the promises it made in the first game- the optional bosses are actually difficult and challenge your mechanical knowledge of the game, the writing is less bloated and there's a lot more flexibility in class/djinn and summon systems to create interesting parties and strategies. The main story- except for the final boss- still doesn't give much challenge and can be triviallized with summons, but I think that's fine. Overall I enjoyed it a lot more than the first game, and I'd say it's a solid game. Not gonna call it amazing by any means, but I think the fact that it makes good on the promises of the first game definitely is a point in its favour.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

4)Paper Mario: I started playing this after dropping Jet Force Gemini because the n64 controls on the switch are dogshit and make the game control even worse than on the original n64 somehow. Fun little nostalgic romp, and a classic for a reason. Looking forward to the Thousand Year Door remaster. Gonna have to emulate JFG I think if I want to go replay it.

5)Mario Kart 8+Expansion Pack DLC: 3-starred every race on all ccs. Finally finished this, though it's taken me a while of on and off play. Got the last grand prix while playing with my wife, which was fun to celebrate and exult with her.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

5) Final Fantasy VII rebirth (normal mode)- Clocked in right at about 100 hours or so played. All sidequests and hardmode minigames. Game owns. Definitelu had a couple low points, but overall excellent game. Now to agonize for 3 years until the finale.