Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Half of Dracula posted:

I kept getting stuck in Eternal because I didn't see some patch of beige climbable wall a mile away or a wall wouldn't crumblr away for three more imps to jump out. Still want to play the ancient gods campaign and ignore the fail cinematics.

One of my biggest gripes with the game. The platforming controls are responsive at least.

1. Doom 64
2. Duke Nukem Alien World Order episode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Organ trail (easy). Little zombie survival travel game based on oregon trail. Kinda fun for 2 bucks and change, but could be really good with a little more polish and more minigames. Probably an actual challenge on higher difficulties, didn't really feel like I was in danger of running out of stuff for most of it but that's likely the difficulty talking. So clear that the creators don't know much about cars or just switched out "car parts" for wagon tongues and poo poo from oregon trail. Tires and batteries I get but Why do I need 8 mufflers anyway.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

One of the last games I finished last year and it's good enough that I wanted to play it again within a couple weeks, Doom Eternal. Moved up the difficulty a notch, felt like I'd progressed enough skill wise that I was pretty well prepared for what was coming, mark of a good difficulty progression. Still not playing on a real difficulty, I'd like to no-death it before I move up to something with some heat on it but I did feel the icon was a lot harder this go around absolutely swamped with enemies at 50% health. Cool game, wish I got one of the DLCs at xmas.

Also got it in my mind that I wanted to complete all the Quake achievements so I've been playing that a ton too. Did not like Scourge or Dissolution much at all but I got through them. Feel like Hard would have been the sweet spot, enemies felt a little too tanky on nightmare for the ammo you get. A lot of the late 90s fps level design that most devs have moved away from, worst of all being guaranteed damage from scripted events. Dimension of the Past was pretty great and Dimension of the machine owns a ton. Looks sooooo good. That hub alone looks incredible. Then I went through the base game one more time on nm since I only did it on easy when I first got it a couple weeks ago.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

extremebuff posted:

dusk ftw. the boss thats just the newblood president doing a terrible arnie impression ftw

i hope it gets an expansion or sequel, theres definitely some act 2 levels i disagreed with lol but the dev knows what makes doom/quake good

they just added a big john fight to ultrakill too if you've played that one. really all the new blood fps games have been awesome, I hope they keep it up

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

ArfJason posted:

imho ultrakill > dusk > amid evil

those are the only ones ive played. amid evil is cool tho but its a bit tiring, the enemies are annoying often enough. looks rad.

ive stopped recommending ultrakill due to how insufferable every fan of it ive come across is

its a shockingly annoying fanbase and even thats kinda generous. like warn people about before hand

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I loved Amid Evil, need to get the DLC sometime. On a big FPS kick right now since I'm almost done with Black Mesa

its good but I think I liked the base game better. if youre just getting back fps after a while it's an awesome time because you've probably got like months of games to play

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Superhot Mind Control Delete. I think, I did the whole sit around for 2.5 hours and got all the achievements so I'm pretty sure I'm done. I don't think I liked it very much. The gameplay is actually pretty awesome for like 2 hours and then you realize that's what it's gonna be for the rest of the game but you're not really able to gauge progress due to the weird UI. The hacks felt novel at first but some are so, so good as to be broken and the rest are completely useless or so situational they're basically worthless so a single level could be really really easy or comically hard. The last several hours I was constantly fighting myself to not just turn it off and go back to my Ultraviolent Doom eternal run, which felt both more fair and a whole lot more fun. Man doom eternal owns

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Half Life Opposing force (hard)

Love this game so much. I hope it gets the black mesa treatment and I do remember hearing something about that but maybe that was blue shift instead. Adore the weapons and especially the environments. I'm always happy to be back at black mesa

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Oh cool they got chow yun fat for stranglehold. That's awesome.

Doom Eternal, ultraviolent. Really loving this game though I think I'm taking a break from it after this. 3rd playthrough and I've had it for a month, I got other stuff to play damnit. I keep getting waylaid looking for lives and other secrets and each playthrough is taking me forever. One of the best difficulty progressions I've played in years I think, not just in game but also between skill levels. donno if I'll go nightmare next or if UV is just the perfect balance of challenge and fun for me but who knows. Man I hate archviles more than most enemies in other games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Cultic- Hard. I've played it enough it's not very at this point though, really the perfect difficulty. Did the Interlude too but that's not enough to consider a full game. Can't wait for chapter 2