Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hamsauce666
Apr 11, 2018

STALKER Anomaly GAMMA (PC) - Normal difficulty; Clear Sky start; Touched the Wish Granter, finished main end-game quests (Living Legend, Mortal Sin, Operation Afterglow)

This is probably the best survival horror shooter gaming experience I've ever had. The plot is mediocre (if we're being charitable) and there's a lot of jank (it's a massive modpack on top of a fan-made repack/remix of a 15 year old game), but the emergent gameplay and environmental storytelling just can't be beat. The excellent gunplay, complex survival mechanics, and "tough but fair" difficulty are all great, but game absolutely delivers on vibes. It's grim, lonely, terrifying, and exhilarating by turns. I've never played anything like it.

I'm finally freeeeeeeeee! I will definitely come back to this someday to play some of the other factions' plotlines. This is a strong recommend for anyone who likes this sort of thing. (Any Tarkov fans in the crowd?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hamsauce666
Apr 11, 2018

Dusk ftw. Perfectly captures that old school DOOM/Quake vibe. Might be time for a replay...

hamsauce666
Apr 11, 2018

mycophobia posted:

i hate the fuckin eagles man

hamsauce666
Apr 11, 2018

Been forgetting to post here when I finish stuff. Quick catch-up post:

2. Cave Story+
3. The Final Fantasy Legend

hamsauce666
Apr 11, 2018

Arch Nemesis posted:

Alan Wake rules

hamsauce666
Apr 11, 2018

ArfJason posted:

anyway, i got to experience doom 3's beloved and memorable setpiece firsthand, so at least it was worth it for that:

Lmao

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Beat Balatro with 1 deck.

Won a run for the first time last night, too. Game loving owns.

hamsauce666
Apr 11, 2018

4. Super Mario RPG

What a great way to revisit a stone cold classic. Others have said it better, but I love that this game doesn't overstay its welcome. The vast majority of the game rolls along at a delightful clip, constantly introducing new areas, enemies, characters, and mechanics. I still find some of the minigames annoying and the "random doors" section in Bowser's castle gets a bit tedious, but otherwise, it's just a joy to play. It'll be fun to dig into the post-game after a bit of a break.

hamsauce666
Apr 11, 2018

Arch Nemesis posted:

*reluctantly moving my usb charging cable from my gauss sniper rifle back to my lilikoi-mango vape pen*

Lmao

hamsauce666
Apr 11, 2018

Sub-Actuality posted:

He’s right

hamsauce666
Apr 11, 2018

5. Dragon's Dogma 2

Finished up my first playthrough with the true ending. What a loving awesome game. Excellent combat, fun character mechanics, tons of weird and cool ludonarrative poo poo... basically the perfect action RPG package. I'm certain I missed a few questlines and I want to max out all vocations, so I'm definitely going to be going back for NG+ after a break.

hamsauce666
Apr 11, 2018

Arrhythmia posted:

/L/ratio/cope/seethe/malding

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hamsauce666
Apr 11, 2018

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Try that in the stuffies aisle.

Lmao