Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Evil Eagle posted:

3) Magicus - True Ending, Hell Difficulty

A match 3 mobile puzzle RPG by the Astlibra developer with a twist where you match special orbs of each color to activate skills and the same old enemy break system from Astlibra. Probably the most poorly translated game I have ever finished and likely ever will. It seems like whoever translated it did attempt to get the story right but everything else, skill descriptions, npc dialogue and so much more were purely machine translated. But something about it kept me coming back for more. It was a lot of fun to decipher such a niche game with such a terrible translation lol. It has a very simple yet satisfying game loop similarly to Astlibra and also like Astlibra, playing on a high difficulty made it much more interesting. Every battle was a struggle until I finally got in the groove around the first ending and started using magics that synergized well and really started focusing on breaking enemies. It took me around 42 hours to get to the ending and I fully cleared the Arena. Will definitely be slowly chipping away at the post-game stuff for the Perfect ending.

pretty much how I felt about the game. I got through the latter half by spamming the paralysis and sleep spells.

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

mmx3

felt like more mmx after 2 so kept going onto this. gonna agree with whoever said it's better than 2, although how stupidly hard sigma is almost knocked it down. soundtrack is really good in this one.

think that's scratched the itch for now so gonna leave 4 alone. might jump into cave story

it's funny because many complain about X3's soundtrack. people have strong mega man opinions and here's mine: I love X1/2/3 pretty much equally. I don't like X4 because it doesn't have the exact same vibe as the SNES games. X5-7 are bad. X8 would be OK if it wasn't like 90% gimmick stages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

American McGay posted:

I actually looked it up and apparently it's not available on iPhone in my region lol :argh:

bummer, it must've been pulled off the app store in the last few months. I can still download it but I can't find the store page.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

1. Trails in the Sky

decent JRPG that I'd been meaning to play for years. Unfortunately right during the ending festival my hard drive died and my steam account got banned and and I went permanently blind, so I have to assume that everything wrapped up nicely.

2. Trails in the Sky SC

open palm slammed this into the metaphorical cartridge slot immediately after the credits rolled and burned right through. Things got a little backtracky near the end and managing gear between a constantly shifting party was annoying, but it stuck the landing. I ran with Schera and Kevin for the whole final section. Good stuff and I've already got 3rd queued up.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

3. Kirby: Planet Robobot

I'd had this one sitting half finished for a while. Top 5 Kirby game, but not better than Super Star or Forgotten Land.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Ultrakill is neat but I don't understand why its fans are so weird about it.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

the mace is the best weapon but it still lacks oomph. swinging it should do this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxk1syuf5lo

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

4. Astlibra Revision - true ending, impossible difficulty

Third run through this flawed masterpiece to prep for the DLC. Still a top 10 GOAT. Impossible difficulty means pretty much anything will kill you in 2-3 hits, even after grinding out the best gear available. The sudden deaths make the frequent lost farming progress frustrating but bosses have a quick retry option. The crazy skills you eventually unlock make things a lot easier and I'm not sure if I died at all in the postscript.

Everyone should play Astlibra.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Evil Eagle posted:

Reading this made me feel like I needed to up the ante for my impossible run.

had to completely focus to beat the ch. 1 boss with just the wind knife at level 4. Still gonna use GROW because possession skills are my favorite part of the combat and I couldn't bear just using the flame dragon for the whole game just yet. maybe on a third run... will probably avoid using the infinite stats at the end of the growth tree

anyway see you in a few months lol

should be doable with KARON like kirihide and deflection doing heavy lifting, but man this sounds miserable. I cant do low level runs in any game because getting bigger numbers is half the fun.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

American McGay posted:

I actually looked it up and apparently it's not available on iPhone in my region lol :argh:

FYI it looks like Magicus is back up on the app store

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/magicus/id1485110306

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

5. Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen

NG then NG+ Speedrun then NG+ Hard Mode. A very special game that everyone should play at least once.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

I liked Evermore as a kid :shrug:

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

6. Astlibra Gaiden: The Cave of Phantom Mist

Hell difficulty, 100% achievements. Took ~24 hours to do. The new make-numbers-go-up systems are fun and the magic spam is even more ridiculous power fantasy than Revision. The ending is hype direct sequel inbound. I will definitely clear this on Impossible eventually.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

7. Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon

All endings. Awesome. Final final boss was painful but other than that, this was one of the easier Fromsoft games I've played? There were only a few missions that gave me trouble once I settled on my build. An incredible game and I want more.

Sekiro > ER > ACVI > BB > DkS2 > DkS > DkS3

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

In Training posted:

Dark souls 2 over 1 huh.

Yeah, after playing a lot of these types of games, 2 stands out because it’s weird. 1 of course is still S tier.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

8. Cogmind

Armored Core as a classic roguelike. Extremely difficult. Top 5 in the genre IMO.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

9. Rift Wizard 2 (early access)

I love summon spam and I love this game. Second best roguelike of all time.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

10. Fallout: New Vegas

this uhhh took me a while, but you know a game is good when you're planning a second playthrough during your first.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

11. Dragon's Dogma 2

uhhh whoops, I didn't realize I was at a point of no return and suddenly the credits were rolling. Game's amazing, just like DDDA. I'm starting NG+ immediately to do the things I missed.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

summoning a dragon god to flood the screen with lightning every 8 seconds is cool and more games should do that

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

12. Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age

Much like The Phantom Menace, this game is awkward and wooden as hell. It had two things really going for it, gambits and Balthier, and they were strong enough to see it through to the end. I did maybe 50% of the postgame content and it's kinda strange that the final boss doesn't scale to it at all, dude died in seconds even without having any of the ultimate weapons. I liked FF12 a lot despite its problems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020