Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boofy
Sep 11, 2001

:hai:

thanks to dendy, for good sig

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boofy
Sep 11, 2001

1. robocop: rogue city

fun mid-budget game with a lot of love for the film. peter weller and the extensive customization for the auto9 really make this.

Boofy
Sep 11, 2001

2. trepang2

it's a spiritual sequel to FEAR and it nails it. it's been a while since i played a game where just firing the guns was this satisfying. the j-horror inspired spooky poo poo has been replaced with SCP style poo poo and they manage it pretty well, a couple of the levels are genuinely creepy. that said, that poo poo always got annoying in FEAR so it's nice that there are a few levels (and a survival mode) that are just pure loving poo poo up. more games need that goldeneye/timesplitters style menu of unlockable easter egg toggles like DK mode and helium voices. not sure if TREPANG is also a stupid acronym though.

Boofy
Sep 11, 2001

2. trepang2
3. halo: reach

quick lil normal playthrough just cuz i felt like it. this might be my favorite halo for single player (with halo 3 as a close second) and each level never gets old for me. i've beaten this so many times that just a regular ol' run on normal with no skulls doesn't really feel like properly completing the game and now i might want to go back in a bit and do a legendary all skulls run.

Boofy
Sep 11, 2001

2. trepang2
4. final fantasy 7 remake intergrade

they packed a lot of fun stuff into the yuffie chapter. bout to start the demo for rebirth or whatever part 2 is called. and i got p3 reload on the backburner. its a good time to be a god drat gamer

Boofy fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Feb 27, 2024

Boofy
Sep 11, 2001

2. trepang2
5. long gone days

i took a break from p3 reload and ff7 rebirth to play this lil' rpg that i was interested in because of its modern war setting. it's one of those turn based games where the combat is more there to propel the story along than anything else but i didn't really mind that especially because the music is really good. anyway i really enjoyed it. i got the bad end but i'm gonna go back and try for the good one after i finish rebirth. not to be confused with the much-inferior days gone.

Boofy
Sep 11, 2001

2. trepang2
5. long gone days
6. command & conquer: renegade

since this was just added to steam i decided to go through it again for the first time since probably like 2008. even with fan patches it's still a bit unstable on new hardware which is kind of annoying when the latter half of the game is full of rocket launcher guys who one hit kill you at full health. still a lot of fun though although the first half is way better. i've always liked the detail put into imagining the interiors of the buildings (especially the nod barracks). multiplayer is still the primary draw of course and apparently this now has 50 and 127 man servers now so i might check that out before i go back to ff7 rebirth.

Boofy
Sep 11, 2001

rodbeard posted:

I loved that game, but I never got the chance to try th multiplayer. Are there enough people playing to fill up a server? I might have to pick it up while I'm off work next week.

I checked after posting that and there were one or two servers with a good pop even though it was a weekday morning so there’s definitely a community that’s small but enough to get consistent games, and now that it’s on steam it’s probably going to get a bit of a boost.

Boofy
Sep 11, 2001

2. trepang2
5. long gone days
7. hypnospace outlaw

people have been telling me for years that i'd love this game and once i finally played it i couldn't touch anything else til i finished it. it really nails old 90s-early 00s internet in a way where you can appreciate even the recreations of stuff you don't really have any memory of (for me it was the music communities - i was more online in those days for games/movies/being a little shithead). the music is absolutely incredible. i was actually pretty sad by the end because not only had i grown to care about these people and their nightmarishly designed websites, but honestly the internet was much more fun in the days when it was dominated by geocities and webrings and message board infighting instead of like 5 websites that everyone uses even though they're essentially designed to scrape your personal data and make you miserable. i can tell there's a lot of poo poo i missed and i'm immediately restarting (if only to donate to that guy's fund to buy a submarine).

Boofy fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Apr 5, 2024

Boofy
Sep 11, 2001

so ftw that i couldn't finish my drat post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boofy
Sep 11, 2001

2. trepang2
5. long gone days
7. hypnospace outlaw
8. party hard

one of those games where watching the chaos you create is more entertaining than actually doing anything. good soundtrack. at some point i bought the second one so i guess i'll give it a whirl sometime.