Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Caesar Saladin posted:

And we've got another

https://x.com/HollywoodHandle/status/1741989656399339563?s=20

looks like a piece of poo poo five nights at freddy's thing

Lol Disney’s lawyers will be making bank cease and desisting dipshits like this who don’t realise that Mickey himself isn’t whats just gone public domain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
Depends on if they stick to Steamboat Willie version in the movie

Disney decided not to sue the folks who made Blood & Honey, even tho that uses red shirt Pooh. I think there's a point where it's so recontextualized, it could be argued as parody and thus fair use?

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I'm sure the Steamboat Willie horror movie will be just as good as the WInnie the Pooh movie and may even hit the heights of The Mean One, the horror movie about the Grinch.

I'm just really glad the very original concept of "What if this kid's cartoon was hosed UP" is still so relevant and giving us quality flicks.

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

A Fancy Hat posted:

I'm sure the Steamboat Willie horror movie will be just as good as the WInnie the Pooh movie and may even hit the heights of The Mean One, the horror movie about the Grinch.

I'm just really glad the very original concept of "What if this kid's cartoon was hosed UP" is still so relevant and giving us quality flicks.

One things for sure it will be very wacky and very random and people who spend too long on the internet will declare it the greatest movie ever made before they've even seen it.

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
steanboot willy lives rent-free in my head along with all the other wacky characters

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!
Accoring to this list, the full works of J.R.R. Tolkien and Pablo Picasso also enter public domain this year. Am I reading that correctly? Also Bobby Darin, so expect to hear a lot of that Splish Splash song from here on out.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

A Fancy Hat posted:

Just in time, the 'superheroes are problematic actually' well was starting to run dry.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
The man in the boat has been a little willie all along

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

XYZAB posted:

Accoring to this list, the full works of J.R.R. Tolkien and Pablo Picasso also enter public domain this year. Am I reading that correctly? Also Bobby Darin, so expect to hear a lot of that Splish Splash song from here on out.

What if Gandalf was actually just a crazy guy living in a cave and killing people and he just THOUGHT he was magical? Coming this fall, it's YOU SHALL NOT PASS.

What if Gollum was actually just this crazy monster thing killing people in the woods? Coming this fall, it's MY PRECIOUS.

What if Tom Bombadil was this crazy survivalist guy who killed people and sang songs? Coming this fall, it's THE KILLMARILLION.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Make a Tom Bombadil slasher horror movie and then edit out all footage in which Tom Bombadil appears on screen

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

BigBadSteve posted:

The horror... the horror...

The dark memes we forgot about.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

mickey mouse is already a stone cold killer in kingdom hearts lore

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
Cleveland Steamboat

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
dickey louse

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

A Fancy Hat posted:

What if Gandalf was actually just a crazy guy living in a cave and killing people and he just THOUGHT he was magical? Coming this fall, it's YOU SHALL NOT PASS.

What if Gollum was actually just this crazy monster thing killing people in the woods? Coming this fall, it's MY PRECIOUS.

What if Tom Bombadil was this crazy survivalist guy who killed people and sang songs? Coming this fall, it's THE KILLMARILLION.

There's a Russian novel that is basically that already, it just hasn't been released in America. The premise is supposed to be the War of the Ring, just from Mordor's perspective except it goes way too far in the other direction. Making all the elves horrible interdimensional monsters while Mordor is completely blameless and just wanting progress.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

muscles like this! posted:

There's a Russian novel that is basically that already, it just hasn't been released in America. The premise is supposed to be the War of the Ring, just from Mordor's perspective except it goes way too far in the other direction. Making all the elves horrible interdimensional monsters while Mordor is completely blameless and just wanting progress.

Sounds like Russia

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
whole rear end thread and there's not even any steamboat willy dicks or anyhting, despicable

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Finally my student project Cleveland Steamer Willie can see the light of day.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

redshirt posted:

Sounds like Russia

loving Elves and their "self-defense" treaty.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

XYZAB posted:

Depends on what county you live in.

vegetables
Mar 10, 2012

A Fancy Hat posted:

Steamboat Willie is already a bit hosed up, though, so the derivative horror is even worse to me because it’s not even like the original is all that anodyne. Mickey doesn’t come across as innocent in it, so you can’t really massacre his innocence in that tedious edgelord way. The mouse was already a monster

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.
Clipper Willie? :ohdear:

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

Speleothing posted:

Depends on what county you live in.

Are you saying that because I live in Canada I can’t legally use the Splish Splash song to advertise my fully above board Picasso forgery business? Because I don’t have anything else going for me man I REALLY need this.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

drat i wish i had this on a shirt.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, the guy who does Popeye now, Randy Mulholland, is big on old cartoons and comics. He's starting his own take on Mickey Mouse that stays true to the spirit of Mickey being an rear end in a top hat.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

flubber nuts posted:

drat i wish i had this on a shirt.

quoting this in hopes the tshirt bots got to sa

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

010124 posted:

we still have Copyright in the year 2024 :suicide:

David Bowie in 2002 posted:

I’m fully confident that copyright, for instance, will no longer exist in 10 years, and authorship and intellectual property is in for such a bashing.

Oops!

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hP1cTBkIyE

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

XYZAB posted:

In New Zealand, at least. The lotr tourist spots are gonna go nuts

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

bagmonkey posted:

whole rear end thread and there's not even any steamboat willy dicks or anyhting, despicable

First page bro

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

David Bowie had information that would lead to the arrest of copyright.

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

Mangosteenboot willy lives rent-free in my head along with all the other wacky characters

Visions of Valerie
Jun 18, 2023

Come this autumn, we'll be miles away...

RandomPauI posted:

Yeah, the guy who does Popeye now, Randy Mulholland, is big on old cartoons and comics. He's starting his own take on Mickey Mouse that stays true to the spirit of Mickey being an rear end in a top hat.

I'm glad they're doing what they love, but I am sad Something Positive doesn't get updates much anymore.

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

South Park episodes with Mickey Mouse are gonna get weirder now.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Tunicate posted:

First page bro

that one is pre-public domain tho. i want some new willy dick art.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

This is legal now. Don't @ me, Walt.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Yesterday morning I was watching TV and there was a quick news commercial which I found hilarious and 100% expected.

"DISNEEYY!!!'s Steamboat Willie is now in the public domain. Coming up at 9, we'll show you the horrible ways it's already being used."

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Steamdeck Willie called me the gamer word