Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

goblin week posted:

God I'm still fuming at this game. i spent almost 20 years hearing about it and it being trapped on the OG Xbox made me so sad until one day I bought the OG Xbox and a copy

and it was one of the worst loving games i ever played, not least because it had more or less nothing to do with JSR apart from the aesthetics. piece of poo poo banjo kazooie clone. i hate it so much.

I think you got the wrong game, Jet Set Radio Future kicks rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
This year I'm trying something new. When I purchase a video game I will actually play it.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I wanna play Jet Set Banjos Kazooie

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Jet set Stadia

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Jet Set Mario

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
Can’t wait for Half-Life 3 to finally be released this year.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

For new year’s day I made crepes and played Pokémon all day while taking care of our new puppy. It can only go downhill from here

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
When will we get jet set video

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

it's in prison for killing Jet Set Radio

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Jet Set Hideo

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
The Jet Set Life Is Gonna Kill You.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I feel like the guys who made this are playing the world's most (financially) dangerous game of Red Light Green Light with Gamefreak/Nintendo.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Looking forward to another great year of gaming. Interested in both Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown and Tekken 8 as far as releases go, plus I'll be working on Alan Wake Remastered and Like A Dragon Gaiden this month. And hey, maybe I'll even find time to finish Baldur's Gate 3. :shepface:
Also sort of looking forward to Like A Dragon Infinite Wealth, but as I recently posted over in the Yakuza thread I found the combat in Yakuza 7 almost entirely tedious. I'll be waiting for reviews and goon reports for that one to see if they've managed to improve things.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Edit: Apparently the Mickey horror game is being made by right wing nuts, the 88 in the title should’ve been a tip-off. Deleted

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Jan 2, 2024

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

palworld mostly just looks like a reskin of their other ea game, craftopia, which is pretty decent, so I'm operating under the assumption that palworld will be at least 2x possibly 3x as good

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

When you're playing Resident Evil 4 (OG(HD)) on the PS5, do you need to use the down button on the dpad on your controller, or can you get by without it?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Just woke up from a dream where I stole a gray cart version of Zelda 2 and had to outrun the police.

I don’t even like Zelda 2.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Does Disney secretly produce these in hopes of convincing the Courts that their characters falling into the public domain would have no redeeming features or benefit to society?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

Does Disney secretly produce these in hopes of convincing the Courts that their characters falling into the public domain would have no redeeming features or benefit to society?

Exhibit B:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=BO_yCuaXsGQ

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

it would frankly be less believable than the idea that no bargain bin studios were rushing out a Dark Mickey product to try and get ahead of the pack before the novelty wears off in a week

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Nah Disney gave up trying to extend copyright

Their new strategy is to build up their IP so massively that anything old that falls into public domain is a minuscule part of their portfolio and doesn’t matter anymore

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

i guess there's a kind of cold comfort that we're finally over the mascot horror hump enough that bad indie devs are back to feeling the need to try and punch up the atmosphere with stock standard flesh growths instead of assuming that a cartoon character with shark teeth is enough to spook the kids

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
hey i heard there might be some video games coming out this month. any truth to that rumour?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Sally posted:

hey i heard there might be some video games coming out this month. any truth to that rumour?

don't believe ondore's lies

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Jerusalem posted:

I feel like the guys who made this are playing the world's most (financially) dangerous game of Red Light Green Light with Gamefreak/Nintendo.

They’re not scared. They’ve got guns!

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
First game of 2024 finished: Islets, a short-ish cute metroidvania platformer. Took about 9 hours for 100% completion. It is also one of the good metroidvanias that have spikes that only damage you, and don't instakill. And no pits of death either.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Meanwhile, now that Tigger is public domain, I can put into motion my plans for a Hundred Acre Wood adventure game

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Sally posted:

Gaming in 2024 is canceled.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Can't wait for Edgy Steamboat Willie Mickey to be rammed into everything

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
Lies of M

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

played a bunch of Monster Hunter World Iceborne today, getting some stuff i needed from the Guiding lands and had a rousing good time

this clip i just thought looked cool as heck. love nergi. love lance.
https://i.imgur.com/j873luz.mp4

and this one was hilarious, zinogre came in outta nowhere and thought he could hang with Rajang, and he got his fuckin rear end beat for his hubris
https://i.imgur.com/548QFmN.mp4

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Infinite Wealth is fast approaching.

Imma cry

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Shinjobi posted:

Infinite Wealth is fast approaching.

Imma cry

Finally got into crypto?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

i've been playing wild hearts to trick my nephew into getting into monster hunter, and because its on game pass. I made the mistake of giving him world last year and he loving hated it but for mostly the reasons that I don't like world much, so I'm glad my suspicion that on basic mechanics he would vibe with games of the hunting action genre is correct. going to have to try him again with rise

wild hearts is pretty cool, though and is probably the closest a hag has come to being remotely as good as monster hunter. just the weapon movesets are kind of boring is the main thing that marks it down. but, taking all the emplacement stuff in the more mediocre monhan fights and letting you just build them yourself wherever you like, is a great gimmick + the weapon customization is fun to think about

current hag standings are
1. all monster hunters from mhfu on
2. wild hearts
3. soul sacrifice
4. peace walker
5. final fantasy explorers (not really but I like it)

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i really liked wild hearts and i'm sad it was abandoned by the devs so early :(

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Witcher 3 has some excellent hags, if you haven't checked it out yet

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Gaius Marius posted:

Finally got into crypto?

Yakuza 9: diamond hands