Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

If northern europe had those kind of quakes, the only history we would have left would be rock paintings

Keep strong Japan goons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Spoggerific posted:

The news I'm seeing [...]

If I'm reading that map correctly, thats like a quake happening in Montreal and still feeling it in Washington D.C.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Tiny Timbs posted:

Is it even possible to have an early warning system that doesn't create thousands of people who decide to ride it out every time?

Imo, any road to that wouldn't go under systems design, but culture and values. Since the challenge is the audience there and not anything technical.

You'd need an author (government lol) that people trust, and who people are convinced care for them. And then you'd need those people to not automatically value all, even dumb, forms of obstinance to Big Man comin' 'ere telling them things. And then, to not have people start fighting eachother to get ahead in the que for salvation, you probably also need some strength in the social bond between them. Both trust in other people treating you fairly, even in this crisis, and sadly some substantiated fear of social consequences if you yourself break the trust to sabotage others.

Thats how I see you start having the norm be, to do what you're told to. To run when the telephone screams run. Or take a vaccine

E; Ie This would be what you'd need to get there as a new norm. Once this audience is in that mindspace they could probably autopilot through a lot of mistrust and weakening societal bonds

ThisIsJohnWayne fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Jan 2, 2024

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Brown Moses posted:

Caro just got awarded $50 million, like a real life Spawny Get
https://x.com/MansourOmari/status/1742634380437188712

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

Trump's attorneys are currently arguing in the DC circuit court that if a president ordered an assassination of a political rival that they should be immune from that after they leave office. :wtc:

Lawyer sounds like he forgot he had a book report due today and is stumbling through the presentation.

For all it's faults, the British empire never stooped to this

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

I could afford it. But then they changed what it was. It'll happen to you

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Could you own shares in one? Could you pool money to buy one and own him collectively? Would collective ownership make him a communist? What are the rules?

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Leave posted:

How does that do against cold/flu, incidentally?

It numbs the pain ideally. Now isn't that an evergreen sentence

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Sarah posted:

I’m highly offended you left out Stays. Going to start a campaign now to bring GiP down.

The CSPAM is coming from inside the building!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

bad_fmr posted:

She drove on the right side of the road.

She failed to uphold the ooda loop or master the exiges of flexibility and retreated.
Nothing right about being a failure son