Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

BBC is collecting eyewitness videos and such here:

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-asia-67856144

The one of the cars in the parking garage is pretty nuts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

quote:

Footage on broadcaster NHK showed flames coming out of the windows of the aircraft and beneath it. The runway was also set alight.

NHK, citing authorities, said the plane may have collided with another aircraft after landing at Haneda. There are passengers on board.

It also reported that the plane, JAL 516, had taken off from Hokkaido.

That's a whole lot of bad

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

1m for therapy
20m to set up an insanely sick fistfight with cmdr_shep

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

that was a p good dive

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

pantslesswithwolves posted:

This wouldn’t have happened in P Barnes’ courthouse though

lol he wouldn't have made it half a step

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

income/wealth inequality is a bitch
my favourite has to be the property "investors" saying that they're doing a public good because they buy houses and then rent them out

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

stealie72 posted:

TBF, nobody said which god. Creating the most annoying human on earth is peak Roman/Greek god poo poo.

It's usually a punishment for hubris too, isn't it?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Hekk posted:

Some states do things like this. Minnesota has really high property taxes but offers things like their “Homestead Market Value Exclusion” that gives a hefty reduction in property taxes if you live full time in the house you own. If it’s an investment property, you pay the full rate but everyone who owns and lives in a single house pays a much more reasonable amount.

It's incredible when the loving USA has a more progressive tax system than my country

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

A.o.D. posted:

It's not the USA, just specific states. My state, Louisiana, also has a homestead exemption on your primary residence. Many states do not.

you have any kind of CGT or wealth tax

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

I'm enjoying him calling for John Deere. Something tells me that's the only manufacturer he knows of

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Crab Dad posted:

Oh my bad I thought we fought a war over this.

loving lmao

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

shame on an IGA posted:

we're all powerful shitposters here, let's open our own superpac and be the messaging we want to see. It can't be that hard to sucker these megadonors into opening the checkbook if Amy McGrath and Jaime Harrington cleared $200,000,000 between them to lose by 15

THIS MESSAGE PAID FOR BY SGT CHOWDOWN FOR LIBERTY

Vote Luca 2024

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Meanwhile in NZ, it's "how to destroy your career in seconds,"
https://i.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/301040387/scotties-security-camera-footage-emerges-of-exgreen-golriz-ghahraman
I give her a solid 1/10 on her technique, she couldn't have looked more guilty if she tried.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

hypnophant posted:

A few more

Blindsight

Genuinely one of my favourite books. You can read it free, too!
https://rifters.com/real/Blindsight.htm

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

I certainly didn't have Iran-Pakistan on the divining board

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

The Eyes Have It posted:

Trump gives these dingbats permission to be their most awful versions of themselves, and they love him for it. To them, nothing else matters as much as that does, not even poo poo that actually affects their own quality of life. It's loving weird and awful.

spite is the most powerful human motivation

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

McNally posted:

Aviation has a perfect safety record. They've never left one stuck in the sky.

Boooooooo

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

hobbesmaster posted:

Lockheed was too good for civil aviation.

That tri-jet design looks so loving cool

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

inject

Also neva 4get

https://youtu.be/UJNFkNEgLXQ?si=vxFfc4gz-Am-FyZX

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

I was gonna say major co2 inhalation is fast and painless too, see all the people who climb into tanks and immediately drop dead with no warning

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Crab Dad posted:

Yeah we just had one of those in the yards. Freaky poo poo.

the very worst thing about them is the pile of bodies as people respond to their natural instinct to help :(

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

no, tanks as in confined spaces

they're pretty much tailor made to kill folk - made from steel so the rust eats the oxygen in the air, generally you have to lie down or at least crouch so you're right down in the descending gasses

and as noted your body has a co2 gauge FOR YOUR BLOODSTREAM, it's completely useless when you're inhaling an unbreathable atmosphere so you drop as though you'd been blood choked (which you effectively have been)

no warning whatsoever and you're out like a light and dead within seconds

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Wasabi the J posted:

Actually that's the one that will have you panicking inside cuz your body doesn't detect oxygen in the atmosphere, it detects CO2 buildup in the lungs.

you

don't

have

time

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

bird food bathtub posted:

Sure Meemaw and Papaw are gonna fill up Donnie's coffers to fight the woke or whatever, but every dollar he hoovers up is that much less that can go to the rest of the Republican party. They've already had multiple state parties coming up totally broke because Donnie is soaking up every dollar they used to get by being the chief grifter of the party. At least now that money goes to a real person instead of a fascist political party or a narcissistic conman.

Even with all those donations I don't think he's financially stable. He's been leveraged to the tits for decades and only survived by laundering Russian money then lucking into the presidency so he can grift one half of the country. A good solid whack like this at the foundation of his financial empire is gonna make a whole bunch of other stuff start going wobbly further up the tower and it's not done yet.

I endorse this situation

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

silicon valley is one of the funniest things i've ever watched

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Defenestrategy posted:

Isn't it a thing that everyone incorporates in Delaware due to their extremely friendly laws and low tax rate?

even i know that and i'm not even a yank

he big mad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

I've said it once, and I'll say it again. You do not get that rich by being nice.