Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Soul Dentist posted:

My phone blew up with a "blue alert" for the first time last week, I think because we don't have them in KY, and I was in NC. So now I turned off "severe alerts" because that's the category it's in. If there's a flash flood or tornado it better be in the "extreme alert" category or I'll miss it, because absolutely gently caress off with "blue alert"

Same, that was the first I’d gotten one. And now all my emergency alerts are off too, because I got like 4 in a row (over the same incident, I’m pretty sure).

Someone in the NC thread said something along the lines of “wow, the state really did create a system to alert everyone when someone smokes pork”.

e:

Rolo posted:

We live in NC, I’d be surprised if we didn’t have a statewide notification system involving smoked pork.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Crab Dad posted:

Jesus Christ look at that black bar.

I thought I was joking when I said “30-50cm feral hog”, Jesus gently caress :stare:

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

So, there actually was a tsunami, but the places it would’ve landed were saved because the ground also rose a few meters and stayed out of the reach of/blocked the waves?

:stonklol:

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Now he’s got to back to Florida, where The Mouse is waiting for him. Stalling time is over, fucko :twisted:

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

I’d call that a savage burn, but the ships helpfully went underwater and put themselves out :)

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

MrMojok posted:

Ibuprofen does wonders for flu, broken bones, scrambled brains etc. and we all know this.

But I’m not sure what the rest of that stuff is.

A collection of drugs that would’ve been too unbelievable for even Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Pine Cone Jones posted:

I support President Swift

Swifties are unironically better at finding people than actual law enforcement. Mostly because they’re actually interested/motivated to do so :v: