Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
https://twitter.com/USArmyPSMag/status/1745849356383572413

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

If they did land one on a US ship they would very much learn the definition of be careful what you ask for.

Intervention would be terrible for the US, but it'd be catastrophic for them

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Arcella posted:

The only way to stop a bad guy in a Bobcat is a good guy in a Bobcat.

I literally believe this, I watched it thinking "none of you motherfuckers thought to get in another one and Battlebots his rear end?"

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

fknlo posted:

Donald Trump's death, even if something 1000000% without question his fault and caught from 60 angles in 4k, will lead to conspiracies and actions from his supporters that we can't even dream of at this point in time.

This is simultaneously true and not worth worrying about.

Stupid people will believe stupid things. If they couldn't think of something stupid, they would be told something stupid and then they'd believe it.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

These men are cowards, Donnie

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Not to defend Donnie the Rapist, but on a very limited viewpoint I can see the gently caress-you appeal of continuously racking up libel verdicts if the amount of the judgements are inconsequential for you. Kinda like the Demolition Man cursing citation scene. Just keep getting hauled back into court every few months for what you called the same person you lost to last time, again and again.

"What, it costs me 0.00001% of my net worth to call her a lying piece of poo poo? Send"

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

I'm guessing Legal Eagle is gonna feast on Habba for most of 2024

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Genuinely one of my favourite books. You can read it free, too!
https://rifters.com/real/Blindsight.htm

I like some of Watts' stuff, but y'all can skip the Rifters books. Good ideas but far too many violent passages that seem like they were written with one hand.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Tythas posted:

and yet they are still amazing pieces of Pro Transgender Science Fiction (even if the author is a transphobic piece of poo poo)

Well drat. I hate hearing that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Spoggerific posted:

The names of the 3 people killed in the drone attack on Sunday have been released, along with some more details about the attack.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-68133115

Looks like it's possible the attackers were familiar with how the air defense on the base worked. Is that something someone could figure out just by observing the base from a distance, or is there a chance they had some kind of intelligence? Maybe sigint from Iran?

Considering how well we handle third party nationals on bases, it's quite likely HUMINT as well.