Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Hekk posted:

Some states do things like this. Minnesota has really high property taxes but offers things like their “Homestead Market Value Exclusion” that gives a hefty reduction in property taxes if you live full time in the house you own. If it’s an investment property, you pay the full rate but everyone who owns and lives in a single house pays a much more reasonable amount.

Yeah Maryland does this too, and I have no idea why it's not the loving norm.

I grew up in RI/SE Mass, and was incredibly poor as well. Finding affordable housing was a nightmare for my mom until she finally relented and moved us into one of the cities in RI that had a rep of "abandon all hope ye who enter here" but was mostly due to racism/classism.

Housing became slightly more affordable once we moved there, but it was still a struggle. I moved away in 2010, and my mom up until she died lived in subsidized housing, but getting her into that was a nightmare in itself. Anyways, I cannot begin to imagine how hard it is now, and RI takes the cake for being stupid expensive to live in yet having a poo poo job market. Also gently caress National Grid, they make Pepco look like Doctors Without Borders in comparison.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Huh, well I wonder if my flight getting back to DC in a few weeks will still be on a Max or not. Here's to hoping I get to fly on the Dreamliner again.

EDIT: What a terrible snipe. Have an Olive.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Also the people in that row missed their flight, so empty seats where there easily could have been a fatality/serious injury.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

EssOEss posted:

Is this "border guard allowing illegals across the border" thing something happening in reality or fiction? I cannot tell what is real anymore.

Search your feelings, you know the answer already.

No. Border Patrol has to detain any "illegals" they catch on our side of the border, and then process them to see if they either get deported, are wanted by another agency, or eligible to be released with a immigration court date.

Chuds and TX gov are stupid as gently caress though so they see/frame this as "Biden just letting everyone in", when the reality is there is a process and you can't just boot everyone back across the border the moment you find them.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

:lol:

Ah yeah that's the stuff.