Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

Satellite from days of old, lead me to your access code

Flikken posted:

How about we indict Clinton and Trump over this, convict and incarcerate them both. Then refer W and Obama to the ICC.

Get all of the living ex presidents.

Looks like Jimmy Carter's blasting off again!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

I'd rather be a Bobcat than a Sheepdog. :catte:

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

Joe failed his challenge making him tonight's big loser.

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

So, something I am completely unqualified to discuss but I will ask anyway, people keep saying the solution is to build more housing but thinking longer term should we, being the government I guess, be incentivizing businesses to move out of these major hubs? NYC isn't getting any bigger and what happens when the next super storm wipes it off the map? Maybe we should try spreading the work and thus housing around? I don't know how to do that other than incentivizing it with tax breaks or something.

Other than that, with the advent of the internet perhaps a national telework policy could help people move out of these high density, high price areas? I also think this could help with climate change but that's another discussion. FWIW I live 40 miles west of NYC in NJ and it's cheaper to buy a house than rent. But I don't have the credit so I overpay for my lovely apartment. Housing is easily the best scam out there today. Maybe it always was, I don't know. Whenever I read financial advice it's always "get into real estate lol" like buddy if only you knew.

Also, gimme an extra sweet and sour sauce.

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

pseudosavior posted:

For a beautiful second, I forgot about rfk jr's existence and thought a key-smash managed to somehow acquire triple digit votes.

Don't blame me, I voted for asdfgh.