Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pseudosavior
Apr 14, 2006

Don't you do cocaine at ME,
you son of a bitch!

SlowBloke posted:

The weather agency head honcho came on tv later in the evening to apologize for the unrealistic warning, i was kinda stunned by it.

I man, I would rather apologize for making too big a warning than stand in the same spot apologizing for all the dead I didn't save.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pseudosavior
Apr 14, 2006

you son of a bitch!
Yeah it's nice to see someone finally treating the GOP like the children they are.

pseudosavior
Apr 14, 2006

you son of a bitch!

MonkeyFit posted:

I would absolutely love if we could just let Texas and Florida secede.

I would be fine with that, so long Florida offered some manner of "reasonable human relocation program" first.

Pudding-Finger Platform-Shoes can hook me up with one of those Martha's Vineyard flights out of this fascist hellhole and I'll gladly watch it sink into the ocean from a good safe distance.

pseudosavior
Apr 14, 2006

you son of a bitch!
At least the people taking cover/taking video had the situational awareness to realize that that cop was about to start blasting...

pseudosavior
Apr 14, 2006

you son of a bitch!
It amazes me that we spend $800+ billion a year on 'defense', but our actual equipment is just as ancient, grizzled, and broken-down as our politicians are.

pseudosavior
Apr 14, 2006

you son of a bitch!
Then it's just a race to "who gets the Bagger 288 first".

pseudosavior
Apr 14, 2006

you son of a bitch!
Snow Crash is a satire.

pseudosavior
Apr 14, 2006

you son of a bitch!
Yeah... At this point, I'm never willingly getting on an airplane again.

pseudosavior
Apr 14, 2006

you son of a bitch!

Tiny Timbs posted:

I’m referring to articles like this:

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/sanfrancisco/news/why-so-glum-americans-stay-bummed-despite-steady-economy-rebound/

Economists say the economy is good, individuals who have to deal with rampant profiteering on basic necessities say it’s bad and also bad for them.

The disconnect in economic indicators and public opinion doesn’t exist in Europe and didn’t used to exist in the US. My pet theory is people in the US either used to have the illusion that economic success was distributed more evenly or it actually was distributed more evenly. It may be different in Europe or Europeans might just be in denial (but probably the former since they get to have things like healthcare and vacations).

The title of "Economist" should have the exact same cultural cache as "astrologist/psychic/tarot reader", because they're all functionality identical careers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pseudosavior
Apr 14, 2006

you son of a bitch!
For a beautiful second, I forgot about rfk jr's existence and thought a key-smash managed to somehow acquire triple digit votes.