Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Place your bets on how 2024 will go & what will happen!

Will :dementia: stay in office or are we getting another round with :chaostrump:?

Summer Olympics in Paris! Will anybody care?

We got 2 major conflicts going on (Ukraine & Gaza). Will the world get a hat trick on violence?

Which goons will get divorced? Which ones will get married? Which will have kids?

Will we be shitposting on some new social media platform and will we get embed codes for this dead forum?

Will (INSERT TEAM HERE________) win the (INSERT SPORTS CHAMPIONSHIP HERE__________)?

Android Apocalypse fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Jan 1, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
The Chargers are going to hire Jim Harbaugh and will win the Superbowl in February of 2025.

The San Diego State Aztecs will win the NCAA Tournament in three months

I am completely done with Baseball and I won't come back.

The Ducks are poo poo but I have hope.

Star Trek rules

Happy 2024. I have hope for the future for the first time in a long time, both in Sports and in Life

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Just wanna say I love seeing your posts Android, as the OP of a lot of the threads I have bookmarked. Cheers homie, you are a cool rear end dude and I envy alot of your poo poo. Happy New Years bud

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

happy new year everyone

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
A little grayer, a little fatter, still on the same dumb dead comedy forums, wouldn’t have it any other way, happy new year goons.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

2024 is the year of the economic collapse because its just what the world needs.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
I think 2024 is going to bring lots of lols from the Trump trials, and I’m going to try to learn a lot more things in all different categories, karaoke songs, language skills, and basic dance steps since my feet coordination is hot garbage.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Also shoutout to Blind, thanks for all the cooking recs, you’re a true Nightcrew Homie

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Happy 2024 you dummies

Got two massages in the past two days and the masseuse (same both times) said I should be getting one every month, so I guess one of my resolutions for the year will be to stretch more (and hopefully get a couple more massages)

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

BlindSite posted:

2024 is the year of the economic collapse because its just what the world needs.

2024 could be the year you spend a little less time traveling internet rabbit holes.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
For some reason I thought the summer Olympics were going to be in LA, but it doesn't matter. The Olympics are fantastic and I am excited for all the new.sports this year plus the dozens of other great ones returning.

Skateboarding was so awesome last time, I wonder what will blow my mind this year.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
2024 sucks.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Happy 2024! Lots for me to look forward to this year, despite looming macro level anxieties.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Happy new year, silly goons.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

First night of insomnia of the new year yay

Probably didn't fall asleep until 2:00. Woke up at 6:30. 9-year-old woke up at 2:00 and decided to read and draw for three hours so she's going to hit a wall at some point and be grumpy the rest of the day.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

trevorreznik posted:

For some reason I thought the summer Olympics were going to be in LA, but it doesn't matter.

They will in 2028, which is probably what you thought of. I’m looking forward to being jealous that it’ll be an Olympics with actual life in the host city, Tokyo was essentially still locked down and all the events were without fans in 2020-in-2021.

Happy new year, here’s to another trip around the sun. Here’s to a good finish to bowl season and then the NFL playoffs before settling into the long offseason of shitposting.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

i've come to the conclusion long ago that there will never be a good year

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
gently caress the Cowboys

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Getting in on the first page of 2024. Happy new year goons.

I predict massive anxiety levels sometime in November. If the Cubs are in the World Series again, I promise to hope they lose this time.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

fartknocker posted:

An evergreen post

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

BlindSite posted:

Whoa I didn’t know that you write for the WSJ

fartknocker posted:

I’m looking forward to whatever extremely funny way they get bounced from the playoffs this year.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Oh man. Fireworks waking me up and keeping me up for two hours has me feeling awful this morning. So much for getting back on my normal sleep schedule :gonk:

2024 :toot:

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Also because I know all you degens want to know:

Congrats Lee on being the 2023 Chat Thread king

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

My perspective must be skewed because I feel like I don’t post that much, but I’m third in posts. Maybe it’s because 90% of my posts in the whole forums are probably in this thread.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

fartknocker posted:

2024 off to a good start

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Freaquency posted:

Oh no

I did not want to know this. Time to, uh, unplug.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
Happy New Year everyone. It’s the first year of grad school for me. It’s gonna suck but maybe I’ll make, well….not *great* money, I’m going for a MSW, but, well, *good* money in a few years.

The kind of money a girl needs to buy fun food and candles and incense and her own place finally!

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Kurgarra Queen posted:

Happy New Year everyone. It’s the first year of grad school for me. It’s gonna suck but maybe I’ll make, well….not *great* money, I’m going for a MSW, but, well, *good* money in a few years.

The kind of money a girl needs to buy fun food and candles and incense and her own place finally!

you're gonna do great! its hard but we're much smarter at this age than we were at 19 and we know how to liek study and poo poo

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Happy Election Year everybody

Ugh

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Freaquency posted:

I'm coming for your record, LeeMajors.

I think there are times I'm not posting for days but that's because I'm outdoors in the woods.

Unrelated but my sister let me know when I picked her up at the airport from her trip to India that her New Year's resolution is to cut down on meat consumption. Whelp, so much for serving her that sous vide pork shoulder I was going to smoke… :doh:

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
We had a light dusting of snow right around midnight which was kind of neat. Happy New Year goons.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
Happy new year all.

It's gonna be great.

SundayMoney
Feb 21, 2006

The face of the new economy
Happy new year and this year I want to increase my culinary dishes since I didn't do as many as I wanted last year. You are all awesome and glad to share this space with you.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Well 2024 is off to an… interesting start.
https://i.imgur.com/dUlJFf8.mp4
I grabbed my honing steel after cutting some stuff with my chef's knife and noticed the steel itself is worn smooth. My first purchase of 2024 will be a new honing steel.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Freaquency posted:

Top 10 baby woo

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Quiet Feet posted:

First night of insomnia of the new year yay

Probably didn't fall asleep until 2:00. Woke up at 6:30. 9-year-old woke up at 2:00 and decided to read and draw for three hours so she's going to hit a wall at some point and be grumpy the rest of the day.

Dango Bango posted:

Oh man. Fireworks waking me up and keeping me up for two hours has me feeling awful this morning. So much for getting back on my normal sleep schedule :gonk:

2024 :toot:

Happy New Year fellow sleepless goons. Headed home at midnight and was dead tired while the GF had the zoomies and of course she konked out immediately and I tossed and turned all night and am currently lying in bed still dead tired and still unable to sleep!

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Freaquency posted:

Right in that meaty part of the curve. Not showing off, not falling behind.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I’m so hung over. One more day of drinking then I’m going cold turkey for a month.

I’m sure this will go on with zero problems

Happy new years friends

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Kurgarra Queen posted:

My wife has one more semester to go to get her MSW. She’s enjoyed it even if trying to work and go to school and parent is pretty draining on both of us. At least this last year she was able to quit her job so it hasn’t been as bad. Good luck!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Happy New Year, chat thread! Was looking forward to spending the day in my pajamas and maybe trying to read a book for a few minutes but I've got a surprise brunch with the in-laws so I'm dragging my hungover rear end out into the gray, cold, wet morning.