Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

I haven’t gotten political texts in awhile, since I double pigpoopballsed don jr or somebody

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Wrapping up rewatch of The Wire tonight, thinking Mad Men next, been a few years. Only problem is it’s on Amazon and pretty sure they switched to adds (haven’t watched any Amazon stuff in awhile)

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

LeeMajors posted:

I haven’t gotten political texts in awhile, since I double pigpoopballsed don jr or somebody

Tell me the secrets to pigpoopbalsing because I get at least a dozen a week (mostly dems)

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Going to the Padres home opener tomorrow and Joe Lieberman is dead. Good day all around.

They're playing the SDSU UConn game on the big screen after the game at the park

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

swickles posted:

Joe Lieberman died, and I can't think of anyone since Reagan who had such a negative impact on how things are now due solely to his decision making so hooray and drink like Kissinger died again, because this time it was due to a fall and ahead of schedule.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I have a lot more contempt for myself than I ever had for any politician; I’ve never had to live with any of those guys.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I forgot he existed.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I'm a sucker for Battleship. Always a great watch.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

LeeMajors posted:

I understand that it’s frustrating but I’d rather pay out 500 scammers to make sure every person who needs assistance can get it.

If you have to pay out 500 scammers for every one person in genuine need your welfare program is terminally hosed and needs reform.

If you can run a nationwide welfare program and only attract 500 scammers you are either a wizard or living in an alternate universe.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
poo poo, Joe Lieberman died? That's loving awesome, I wish more pieces of poo poo had the decency to die.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Kurgarra Queen posted:

poo poo, Joe Lieberman died? That's loving awesome, I wish more pieces of poo poo had the decency to die.

But if they had decency they wouldn't be such pieces of poo poo.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Why now? Why not 30 years ago?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

quitting nicotine loving sucks but thankfully a downing a couple beers seems to cure tonight's illness.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I thought Lieberman died years ago

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

swickles posted:

Joe Lieberman died, and I can't think of anyone since Reagan who had such a negative impact on how things are now due solely to his decision making so hooray and drink like Kissinger died again, because this time it was due to a fall and ahead of schedule.

https://x.com/RequiemArm/status/1773100592296050993?s=20

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

3 DONG HORSE posted:

quitting nicotine loving sucks but thankfully a downing a couple beers seems to cure tonight's illness.

Beers still make me feel like a puff on a filth snag.

But goonspeed. Shits rough.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Danny Sprinkle sounds like a fake name, not one belonging to a fully adult human.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

BlindSite posted:

Beers still make me feel like a puff on a filth snag.

But goonspeed. Shits rough.

I kept it lowkey and only drank two. Usually when I get full on drunk I gotta chain smoke though.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

sub zero's fatality was easy as hell to hit. only scorpion's was easier

liu kang's was pretty hard for such a lovely fatality

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I kept it lowkey and only drank two. Usually when I get full on drunk I gotta chain smoke though.

I wish you luck on your journey. Can't remember if it was you or someone else but I said that how I quit was to start smoking american spirits, eventually I hated smoking so much I quit cold turkey no problem and they said buddy I've been smoking them for twenty years or something like that

Just realized I hit 5 years without a cig a couple months ago, nice

Intruder fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Mar 28, 2024

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Smoking is weird to me, because I've done it a bunch when I'm out drinking with friends who smoke, but have no urge to do it by myself, whereas I definitely drink more than I should.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

LeeMajors posted:

I understand that it’s frustrating but I’d rather pay out 500 scammers to make sure every person who needs assistance can get it.

The government clearly doesn’t give a poo poo about grift at scale (like defense contracts or PPP loans) so I can’t be bothered to give a poo poo about some assorted lower class folks skimming literal peanuts from the till.

Make billionaires pay their goddamned share, then we can spend some time discussing it. Otherwise it’s just fluff to justify gutting programs and means testing everything to pieces.

Yeah, I tend to roll my eyes whenever someone brings up the "abuse" in the social safety nets, because it's basically the same as the people who complain about how food stamps are wasted when someone uses it for something like chocolate milk or candy. Of course there's abuse in the system, but who loving cares when by and large it's helping those in need.

And yeah, they probably did witness the problems with the system, but it's basically like product reviews: no-one ever thinks about the hundreds or thousands of people that were truly in need, and were helped; they only remember the bad apples, which then begins to warp their opinions and views long-term on such things.

I think people need to be constantly reminding themselves in such situations that by-and-large such things shouldn't represent what something does do or could do, but that requires constant mental housekeeping and I think a lot of people just aren't able to, for reasons that are both fair and unfair.

Edit:

I roll my eyes and always think back to this doozy:

Canned Sunshine fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Mar 28, 2024

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I saw Trump is selling a branded bible and thought yeah that sounds about right. I didn't realize it was $60 :lol:

The man truly is shameless

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

I smoked from 17-27, got on vapes and never looked back.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I smoked from 16-37 with periodic breaks in between, sometimes a few months, sometimes a couple years, and I hope I haven't done any irreperable damage to myself

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Also I caught the kids strep yesterday, non stop dry coughs. I don’t mind the coughing but I’m coughing so hard I strained my brain and every time it feels like my skull is ripping in two. Right when I got reupped on my weed pen so I can’t smoke. Wife gave me some Tylenol with codine and it’s helped a lot even tho I fought her cause I hate pills

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Mar 28, 2024

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

I never smoked but we had a pool in our yard with a filter that used non-food grade diatomaceous earth, and my dad would backwash it to the grass area in the back because he thought it was a good use of the water... except when it dried out, it left behind the spent DE that would then blow into our house constantly since they left the windows open.

So I often wonder how long I have before lung cancer gets me.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Canned Sunshine posted:

I never smoked but we had a pool in our yard with a filter that used non-food grade diatomaceous earth, and my dad would backwash it to the grass area in the back because he thought it was a good use of the water... except when it dried out, it left behind the spent DE that would then blow into our house constantly since they left the windows open.

So I often wonder how long I have before lung cancer gets me.

Well at least you won’t have centipedes in your vagina

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

a sexual elk posted:

Also I caught the kids strep yesterday, non stop dry coughs. I don’t mind the coughing but I’m coughing so hard I strained my brain and every time it feels like my skull is ripping in two. Right when I got reupped on my weed pen so I can’t smoke. Wife gave me some Tylenol with codine and it’s helped a lot even tho I fought her cause I hate pills

At least kiddo's presumably feeling better by now? Thats' one of those weird parent things, they get over their sickness and you catch it and feel like poo poo but you still feel so much better than when they were sick

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

What were youse guys brands? I went camel, camel wides, early on. Then hanging out with all my Samoan gangbanger friends I switched to Newports for about 8 years. Made Vaping a lot easier because every flavor has a menthol version

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Intruder posted:

At least kiddo's presumably feeling better by now? Thats' one of those weird parent things, they get over their sickness and you catch it and feel like poo poo but you still feel so much better than when they were sick

It’s weird cause the boy was halfway thru it, then I caught a 102 fever with neck pain(slept thru the fever for 3 days and was fine), then the daughter caught it and I’m sick again but with a bad cough and the head pain

Either way they’re both on antibiotics and I’m treating it the old Irish way

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Mar 28, 2024

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I was marlboro light for a long time, menthol a lot of times, then american spirit for the final like 5 years

sometimes I'd do camels or winstons, ex liked those camel crush things so I'd smoke those with her

e: when I was really broke I'd restort to pall mall

the winstons I smoked because this metal bar I went to had reps handing out free packs like nothing in my early 20s or coupons for free packs or $1 packs that you'd have to fight with gas stations attendants to use

Intruder fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Mar 28, 2024

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Not quite Hunter Thompson doing Richard Nixon's obituary, but still pretty good.

https://x.com/ErikLoomis/status/1773138440265064637?s=20

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Canned Sunshine posted:

Yeah, I tend to roll my eyes whenever someone brings up the "abuse" in the social safety nets, because it's basically the same as the people who complain about how food stamps are wasted when someone uses it for something like chocolate milk or candy. Of course there's abuse in the system, but who loving cares when by and large it's helping those in need.

And yeah, they probably did witness the problems with the system, but it's basically like product reviews: no-one ever thinks about the hundreds or thousands of people that were truly in need, and were helped; they only remember the bad apples, which then begins to warp their opinions and views long-term on such things.

I think people need to be constantly reminding themselves in such situations that by-and-large such things shouldn't represent what something does do or could do, but that requires constant mental housekeeping and I think a lot of people just aren't able to, for reasons that are both fair and unfair.

Edit:

I roll my eyes and always think back to this doozy:

Everything from mom and pop shops to multinational corporations deal with some sort of shrink or theft or waste or whatever, and that’s just the cost of doing business. But then you talk about literally feeding starving kids and this is where we have zero tolerance for anything other than a 100% efficient use of funds. It’s horseshit.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Hey, on one hand maybe $100 million dollars annually gets wasted on social service scammers, but on the other hand untold hundreds of billions of dollars of income tax aren't collected every year because the people who can afford to pay taxes the most get to write the tax code, so who's to say, really, which is the bigger number.

Lieberman tried to get video games banned, he singlehandedly torpedoed the public option in the ACA because he was owned by the insurance and debt-as-a-service companies, he routinely did the Sinema/Manchin bait & switch to disable any D majority, he was the only Democrat to vote for the Iraq War after it'd started, and he endorsed the 2008 republican candidate that chose Sarah Palin for vice president which was a big step towards our currently very beneficial MAGA movement where any stupid failshit can pretend to be willing and able to govern and 40%+ of the country will agree.

He didn't tell his employers he didn't deserve a raise, at least. So the jury is still out on Joe Lieberman

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Intruder posted:

I saw Trump is selling a branded bible and thought yeah that sounds about right. I didn't realize it was $60 :lol:

The man truly is shameless

I don’t have the stamina to follow the Trump GBS thread full time but I check in for highlights. There was so much insane poo poo during his 4 years. Such as “is that your bible?” “It’s A bible…”

He had cops clear the area with tear gas for this photo op

https://youtu.be/LWEuY_15iVc?si=k2LU6sInDUrdsSsO

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Intruder posted:

I was marlboro light for a long time, menthol a lot of times, then american spirit for the final like 5 years

sometimes I'd do camels or winstons, ex liked those camel crush things so I'd smoke those with her

e: when I was really broke I'd restort to pall mall

the winstons I smoked because this metal bar I went to had reps handing out free packs like nothing in my early 20s or coupons for free packs or $1 packs that you'd have to fight with gas stations attendants to use

I was a marlboro light man for a lot of years then switched to Benson & Hedges. Did smoke a pack of lucky strikes once that I got at a fancy tobbaconist, I thought they were pretty meh. I got off them via Vapes when I was about 25, back when you were ordering poo poo out of china. Occasionally I will buy a disposable one of those.

I think last time I bought a pack of cigarettes was a friend's bucks party a couple years ago and it was like 28 dollars for a pack of 25s and I couldn't believe the tax increase. When I gave up they were getting too expensive and were still under 20 bucks.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

I always forget that Joe Lieberman tried to get video games banned, but none of his poo poo really ended up surprising me, since we're at a point in the US now where Richard loving Nixon would be a Democrat, possibly a fairly left one too.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Give me a Red Apple every time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSkEfKa8CDg&t=75s

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I've never smoked and got a 1000 bucks when I turned 18 from my grandma for not smoking. She offered it to my dad and aunts and they didn't get it. My brother and cousins got the same offer but only 2 out 18 got it. Some because their parents snitched on them, others because they were honest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Sorry lovely pic but buzzed and made some Chorizo and eggs, hangover food before the hangover

Buttload of cheddar in there too

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Mar 28, 2024