Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

That looks delicious, but I loving love chorizo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Canned Sunshine posted:

That looks delicious, but I loving love chorizo

Same, that was just 1/3 the tube. I got some Yukon golds and some green pepper that are getting old. Making me think of some Chorizo Potato O’Brien cast iron thing

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I gave your mom the full 4/3rds of the tube, if you know what I'm saying

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

I’ve done cast iron O’Brian hash tons of times with carne asada, haven’t done it with Chorizo

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Ether Frenzy posted:

I gave your mom the full 4/3rds of the tube, if you know what I'm saying

I’m sick and full of meds so just pretend I made a joke about some thing about the metric system and your wiener is in the millimeters, ha got ya

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Tulalip Tulips posted:

I've never smoked and got a 1000 bucks when I turned 18 from my grandma for not smoking. She offered it to my dad and aunts and they didn't get it. My brother and cousins got the same offer but only 2 out 18 got it. Some because their parents snitched on them, others because they were honest.

I would have failed the letter of the law but have probably had like… less than 50 ciggs total in my life? All of them while drinking which has been much worse for my health so welp. I just always found tobacco gross, zero appeal

Also dang that sounds like a lot of siblings and cousins. I’m on the far other end of the spectrum with one sister and 2 cousins total lol. Can’t even imagine

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Also would smash that chorizo and egg

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

a sexual elk posted:

I’m sick and full of meds so just pretend I made a joke about some thing about the metric system and your wiener is in the millimeters, ha got ya

Ur mum's nickname is millimeters.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Found out my dad has Alzheimer's, they caught it early and as I understand it he probably has at least ten years of being pretty self sufficient. He's taking medication that should slow it and has an appointment to see the University of Washington people about other treatments. But loving Christ it's really hard to deal with. My parents just retired a couple years ago, this was supposed to be their golden years.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Intruder posted:

I smoked from 16-37 with periodic breaks in between, sometimes a few months, sometimes a couple years, and I hope I haven't done any irreperable damage to myself

I quit when I was 35, mainly because I was unemployed and the price of a box of 20 B&H was through the loving roof and it may be hitting nearly £12 a box now. Anyway, I went to e-cigs but the company I went with first stopped selling them, I moved to Blu e-cigs and they were just absolutely loving terrible so after three months of using those I realised I didn't need to buy them any more and I haven't smoked since

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Air Skwirl posted:

Found out my dad has Alzheimer's, they caught it early and as I understand it he probably has at least ten years of being pretty self sufficient. He's taking medication that should slow it and has an appointment to see the University of Washington people about other treatments. But loving Christ it's really hard to deal with. My parents just retired a couple years ago, this was supposed to be their golden years.

I think one of the worst things in the universe is watching your parents get old. I know there's no advice and no real comfort I can offer, this loving sucks worse than most things suck and I'm truly very sorry you're having to go through it with them.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

BlindSite posted:

I think one of the worst things in the universe is watching your parents get old

Beats the alternative.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

a sexual elk posted:

just pretend I made a joke

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Air Skwirl posted:

Oof man I’m sorry. My friend’s mother was diagnosed with some sort of dementia about 5 years ago and from what I’ve been told, it’s not fun. Try to do as much as you can now before they start forgetting, but 10 years is still a good amount of time.

Getting sick as soon as I retire is one of my big fears. Probably why I’m trying so hard to retire as early as I can.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Air Skwirl posted:

Ah gently caress I’m really sorry. That’s brutal :/. Take care of yourself and try to get as much quality time as you can.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Rest in Piss Joe Lieberman

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Air Skwirl posted:

My condolences. :glomp:

I remember when I worked retail one manager had a mom with Alzheimer's & he said the hardest thing was the moments when his mom forgot who he was mid-conversation. :smith:

At least you can have those moments where you can watch Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure together and it will be like the first time for them.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

LeeMajors posted:

I haven’t gotten political texts in awhile, since I double pigpoopballsed don jr or somebody

i used to live in george santos’ district, so i got one the second he was expelled

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Air Skwirl posted:

I’m sorry to hear that. If you have any specific questions or concerns that weren’t addressed, feel free to reach out to me.

One piece of advice I’ll just throw out into the thread, since we’re all about the same stage in life, is you need to consider getting property out of his name. I don’t know what your families financial situation is specifically skwirl, but if it ever comes to it, property is taken into consideration when benefits are being calculated.

He’d still live in his house or drive his boat or whatever, they’d just not be taken into consideration for Medicaid or state specific programs.

Generally it’s best for a sibling to assume control.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
My sister & I had to figure out property stuff when our mom passed. Apparently my mom's got family property in the Philippines that we need to resolve but there's a gigantic hurdle of getting the appropriate lawyers over there to work with the ones we have here.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
So this is pretty wild

https://x.com/matthewmaddock/status/1773143040724451761?s=46&t=eGtKhFFooZWFwCmcVJDt3Q

Its the Gonzaga basketball team

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Christ almighty

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

lmao

GREAT GOOGLY MOOGLY THEY'RE SENDING THEIR TALLEST, WHITEST MEXICANS

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Can't believe we're letting those filthy Gonzagans in now. We used to be a proper country.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

In the spirit of the thread title

https://twitter.com/fclklore/status/1773042705561501725

fartlover_j has a good point

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Air Skwirl posted:

Slow decline dementia for my pop, and it’s been pretty decent with medication and daily routines. Cherish the years you’ve got left.

And no such thing as golden years, sadly. One of society’s great lies to us.

Nov 6, 2002

SBF sentenced to just 25 years. Recommendation and guidelines were 40-50 years.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

US Courts: “We love affluent white men, don’t we folks?”

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Cool, so he'll be out just in time for BTC to hit a million or whatever

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
My dork-rear end brain keeps reading "SBF" as "Support By Fire" instead of "Samuel Bankman-Fried."

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Intruder posted:

sub zero's fatality was easy as hell to hit. only scorpion's was easier

liu kang's was pretty hard for such a lovely fatality

I wish you luck on your journey. Can't remember if it was you or someone else but I said that how I quit was to start smoking american spirits, eventually I hated smoking so much I quit cold turkey no problem and they said buddy I've been smoking them for twenty years or something like that

Just realized I hit 5 years without a cig a couple months ago, nice

Very well could've been me. I switched to vapes a few years ago but I started inhaling more. Tried doing Zynn and other pouches but I just ended up using a pouch while vaping! There was no escape. I am finally at a place in my life where I can suffer through withdrawal without affecting my daily life (re: unemployed) so I thought this would be the best time. But heck I feel silly because after the first three days, it doesn't feel nearly as daunting (though I still feel weird and bad).

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Android Apocalypse posted:

My dork-rear end brain keeps reading "SBF" as "Support By Fire" instead of "Samuel Bankman-Fried."

My brain always jumps to "Super Best Friends"

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Android Apocalypse posted:

My even dorkier-rear end brain instantly thought "was that some World War II-era Navy plane designation?" like SBD or TBF and sure enough, it was one (Specifically a Fairchild-built version of the SB2C Helldiver).

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

fartknocker posted:

My even dorkier-rear end brain instantly thought "was that some World War II-era Navy plane designation?" like SBD or TBF and sure enough, it was one (Specifically a Fairchild-built version of the SB2C Helldiver).

Appropriate—a lovely airplane and a lovely guy.

Nov 6, 2002

Am I wrong that MLB has the ugliest athletes of any of the major American sports?

Bunch of short stocky dudes who look like they chug a six pack every night.

https://twitter.com/CodifyBaseball/status/1773364356341735460

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Am I wrong that MLB has the ugliest athletes of any of the major American sports?

I think it's the hats.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Look at this idiot that’s never seen Dansby Swanson

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Hockey?

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Joey Freshwater posted:

Look at this idiot that’s never seen Dansby Swanson

Yeah, you can’t make a blanket statement like that from the loving Cardinals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Don’t doxx me