Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

I had a horrible stomach bug yesterday. Why am I not skinny? Wahhh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Docjowles posted:

*begins scribbling an outline for a sci fi short story about the last forum poster left on earth*

"In the end, he could only permaban..................himself."

THE END

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
So that one Twilight Zone episode with dude who can now read all he wants until his glasses break but with posting instead of books.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Tulalip Tulips posted:

So that one Twilight Zone episode with dude who can now read all he wants until his glasses break but with posting instead of books.

All those shitposts will be lost in time, like tears in rain... Time to die.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

The Last Posts of the Rohirrim:

quote:

“Arise, arise, posters of Theodin! Memes shall be shaken, emoji shall be splintered! A sword-day, a red day, ere the sun rises!

Post now!

Post now!

Post now!

Post for ruin and the world's ending!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lwJOxN_gXc

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
From hell’s heart, I reply at thee!

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Thaddius the Large posted:

So meanwhile I just had a phone call with my parents, who spoke with my brother shortly before, and apparently he’s been off work for 3 weeks because he just came down with diabetes. To be clear, he’s one of the most fit and active people I know, avid mountain biker/skier/backpacker who surfs almost every day, so this isn’t obesity related. Better still, despite being a nurse working in a hospital his insurance will only let him see a nurse practitioner locally, the nearest endocrinologist is several hours away. loving genetics man!

My sister is pretty fit & active, and she got diagnosed with type 2 diabetes recently. Family genetics sucks.

Even worse is my sister is a pretty decent baker & Christmas goodies are now something she only makes for others.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Joe Biden has the opportunity to do the funniest thing possible.

https://twitter.com/marceelias/status/1783585501343068642?t=EletO343J680sp9UQHxjyA&s=19

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Android Apocalypse posted:

My sister is pretty fit & active, and she got diagnosed with type 2 diabetes recently. Family genetics sucks.

Even worse is my sister is a pretty decent baker & Christmas goodies are now something she only makes for others.
I'm a little overweight but pretty active and eat fairly well.

But I have terrible cholesterol and triglycerides anyway, just like my parents, so now I'm on a statin to do the work my liver is apparently too lazy to do. Genetics suck sometimes!

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Joe Biden raining JDAMs on Mar-a-lago and the chud freakshow outside would be hilarious, but he’s way too decorum-poisoned to give us that future lol

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

"My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Republicans forever. We begin bombing in five minutes."

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Just filled 6 42 gallon yard bags, 4 were pinecones that were all over the property and 2 bags of pine needles from raking the driveway. I’m gonna have 20 more when I rake the big side yard.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

looks good, my dog would happily poop there

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

3 DONG HORSE posted:

looks good, my dog would happily poop there

the highest compliment one can give

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Bird in a Blender posted:

"My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Republicans forever. We begin bombing in five minutes."

I was thinking a reprise of "Ladies and gentlemen: we got him"

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

a sexual elk posted:

Just filled 6 42 gallon yard bags, 4 were pinecones that were all over the property and 2 bags of pine needles from raking the driveway. I’m gonna have 20 more when I rake the big side yard.

that door is screaming for a concrete patio

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

kiimo posted:

that door is screaming for a concrete patio

If I had the skill or money I’d love to have a wrap around deck instead of just the side one. Also a cover to keep snow off the stoop.

When we first bought it

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Apr 26, 2024

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Big decks in my experience come about when you make friends with neighbors and like over drinks lo and behold one guy is a concrete guy, one guy is wood guy and one guy has built a deck before and bam suddenly you're hosting some dudes, keeping them supplied with beer and hoping what you end up with won't kill your children.

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe
in non-draft news https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/status/1783632037640835426

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6gWWOKTcYM

Docjowles posted:

I was thinking a reprise of "Ladies and gentlemen: we got him"

MOTHERFUCKER

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

I have a friend that worked there, but has been at the Takeout for a while. That's great news for them. G/O is really trying to make everything SEO optimized which is obviously not what any of what the properties formerly under the Gawker umbrella are or were.

Interestingly enough that's sort of what Musk told Onion staff when Thud was founded (she worked there too for it's insanely brief life), but then predictably he kneecapped that project and it died off. Ben Collins has shown to be a good guy, so that's a plus at least.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
The Onion will have the bounty of good material to mine when :smugdon: is President… again.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

We’ll see how long letting them do whatever they want lasts in the face of capitalism but this seems cool and good for now. I’m pleasantly surprised that the Onion has hung around so long while seemingly every other form of media is dying

:owned: I had actually forgotten that was about Saddam. I was thinking it was from Obama’s bin Laden press conference

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/dontdrinkbeer/status/1783583752716988904?t=ROhKmpCnEkDk0ea00fb3kA&s=19

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

Very pleased to report that their parent company has some absolute sauce: https://global-tetrahedron.com/about

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I mean, the supreme court justices who accept this notion are gonna say the proper avenue to prosecute such a president is by congress, and not that presidents should be allowed to get away with assassinating political opponents

if they eventually rule immunity it'll be on that basis, the hilarious fiction that congress can be relied upon to hold a president to account even if that president is actively murdering their opponents, Putin style

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
All it takes is a congress that's a majority party in opposition of the president to get poo poo like that going tho.

Speaking of which, what happened to the impeachment of Biden?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Android Apocalypse posted:

All it takes is a congress that's a majority party in opposition of the president to get poo poo like that going tho.

Speaking of which, what happened to the impeachment of Biden?

The House Republicans gave up on it because too many of the ones in swing districts refused to back vote for it

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

They couldn’t even get the impeachment of the homeland security guy over the line lol. I think it made it to the senate and was immediately killed because it was dumb as hell

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Docjowles posted:

We’ll see how long letting them do whatever they want lasts in the face of capitalism but this seems cool and good for now. I’m pleasantly surprised that the Onion has hung around so long while seemingly every other form of media is dying

:owned: I had actually forgotten that was about Saddam. I was thinking it was from Obama’s bin Laden press conference

wasn't bin laden's death news broken by cena or the rock or something

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

JPrime posted:

I was at a strip club and was informed by the DJ

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

JPrime posted:

Obama announced it on television first, but if you were attending WrestleMania or whatever that particular event was you probably heard it first from John Cena.

Here's some good news.

https://twitter.com/doctorow/status/1783489043755610321?t=jyqdpTzlx3T4RKuevZSH6w&s=19

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Air Skwirl posted:

Obama announced it on television first, but if you were attending WrestleMania or whatever that particular event was you probably heard it first from John Cena.

Here's some good news.

https://twitter.com/doctorow/status/1783489043755610321?t=jyqdpTzlx3T4RKuevZSH6w&s=19

Yeah that is awesome and hopefully it survives the inevitable law suits from butthurt employers.

The FCC reinstated Net Neutrality today too. After a dipshit Trump appointee killed it a while back. Regulators putting in work this week

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

JPrime posted:

The Rock was vaguetweeting about it, Cena gave us “compromised to a permanent end”

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

JPrime posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6maL6gq6qME

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

lol holy moly I had missed that news breaking at Wrestlemania :allears:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

"Extreme Rules" Which is apparently one of the other like dozen pay per views they run (ran?) a year.

I'm old and crusty, I'm fine with a Royal Rumble, a Summer Slam, a Survivor Series, but these new fangled Backlashes? King of the Ring? No Mercy? Hell in a Cell? Sorry, my watch has ended.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Air Skwirl posted:

Here's some good news.

Fond memories of getting a job at Jimmy John's in high school and being required to sign a two-year non-compete regarding Subway.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Hell yeah Airplane! is on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

What’s the deal with the billionaire wrestling son wearing a neck brace?