Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

He's staying in character/playing up an injury from AEW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Ornery and Hornery posted:

What’s the deal with the billionaire wrestling son wearing a neck brace?

He was attacked last night on Dynamite. He’s still selling the injury.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Ornery and Hornery posted:

What’s the deal with the billionaire wrestling son wearing a neck brace?

He took a tombstone at a pay per view for his wrestling promotion last night and is doing it to keep kayfabe.

To put this in perspective, way back in the day, the WWE did a bit where Vince McMahon got blown up in a limo, and this led to Trump calling him the next day to see if he was actually okay.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Love it

Always commit to the bit

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Kalli posted:

He took a tombstone at a pay per view for his wrestling promotion last night and is doing it to keep kayfabe.

To put this in perspective, way back in the day, the WWE did a bit where Vince McMahon got blown up in a limo, and this led to Trump calling him the next day to see if he was actually okay.

It’s worth watching the video. It’s so comically staged and Vince is not exactly a professional actor. The legend of Trump thinking it was real is one of my favorite things

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6iCFrgU0HDA

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Android Apocalypse posted:

My sister is pretty fit & active, and she got diagnosed with type 2 diabetes recently. Family genetics sucks.

Even worse is my sister is a pretty decent baker & Christmas goodies are now something she only makes for others.

Oof, that’s a rough one, not that I’m an amazing cook but I’d be pretty gutted if I had to start being more restrictive about things, it’s been annoying enough even just feigning care for my lactose intolerance, usually I prefer to grin and bear it than cut back on my cheese consumption. I dunno, this one’s weird since while my maternal grandmother and paternal grandfather both had diabetes, the latter only developed it in his late 70’s when his body was pretty well rebelling against a lifetime of red meat and bourbon, but that’s it for a family history, nobody else has had any indicators of diabetes, so there’s the faint concern (largely fueled by late night WebMD binging) that it’s possibly a pancreatic or autoimmune something or other cropping up, but I’ll leave that to the actual medical professionals in his life.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Funny enough I credit my keto nutrition regimen to helping curb my descent into diabetes.

Unrelated: The Magnificent Seven is on as I have my morning coffee (the OG one) and it's sooooooo loving good.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Saw an episode of Columbo where Johnny Cash played the killer, and that threw me down a deep hole and I found this 1985 tv miniseries called North and South and hello there:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1Vwqyr4stM

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Kalli posted:

Saw an episode of Columbo where Johnny Cash played the killer, and that threw me down a deep hole and I found this 1985 tv miniseries called North and South and hello there:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1Vwqyr4stM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_Qjve-PEuU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I remember my parents watching North & South when it was on ABC, and finding the book at the local library.

I also vaguely remember them watching the original Shogun miniseries too.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Funny enough I credit my keto nutrition regimen to helping curb my descent into diabetes.

Unrelated: The Magnificent Seven is on as I have my morning coffee (the OG one) and it's sooooooo loving good.

Actually "the OG one" is Seven Samurai
:goonsay:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

My Lasik appointment is today. Gonna be following the draft with my eyes closed (much like my Broncos :stat: :wal:)

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Hell yes, definitely a favorite. The Hollywood is showing Stargate tonight and Kung Fu Hustle on Sunday and I’m quite stoked to inflict them on my child, might not make tonight’s showing since we have a track meet at dawn tomorrow but she’s going to sit through at least some of my weird poo poo whether she likes it or not.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Last night the Dr and I did a double feature of South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut followed by Sunset Boulevard.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Last night, I got really high, watched the draft and my Lakers get wrecked, while eating way too much Indian food

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Thaddius the Large posted:

Hell yes, definitely a favorite. The Hollywood is showing Stargate tonight and Kung Fu Hustle on Sunday and I’m quite stoked to inflict them on my child, might not make tonight’s showing since we have a track meet at dawn tomorrow but she’s going to sit through at least some of my weird poo poo whether she likes it or not.

OMSI is showing Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior & Terminator 2: Judgement Day but I'm sure both are sold out by now.

I'm waiting to hear when OMSI will close out their Sci-Fi Film Festival with Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga in May.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Last night I played my bagpipes for the first time in 7 months and hoo boy, I was feeling it after.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

These three got very, very annoyed that they are unjustifiably banned from the kitchen last night since they could smell the bacon I was making. One has a cold right now too but is still yelling at me for his breakfast, dinner and the other cats' dinners so I'm keeping an eye on him for now per vets orders.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Last night I played my bagpipes for the first time in 7 months and hoo boy, I was feeling it after.

Neighbors beat you?

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

The Glumslinger posted:

Last night, I got really high, watched the draft and my Lakers get wrecked, while eating way too much Indian food

I've had each of the Lakers games on in the background while I'm gaming at night, and it's wild that no matter how well the Lakers do in the first half, they blow it in the 3rd. Pretty sure it's happened in all three games (definitely in the last two, may be misremembering the first)

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Darvin Ham Sandwich is a lovely coach who can't make adjustments

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
So the college football is video game is finally coming back, but somehow it’s been two console generations since we had a AAA boxing game. I’m not much of an irl boxing fan but the Fight Night games were easily among my favorite and most played on PS2 and PS3. I’d gladly settle for a 4K/60fps remaster of Fight Night Champion at this point. Or really any of the old ones.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

had a patient at a facility who has decompensated. Just looked terrible in bed. Had a telehealth consult yesterday with someone who i assume is a trained provider who didn't do anything. Waiting on a abdominal xray, labwork pending, couldn't get a urinalysis etc. I looked at her for 1 minute and told the facility to send her out to the hospital. The head of the facility said i would need to give EMS a reason to get her because her vital signs were stable and she didn't have any bad tests. I said "tell them she looks like loving poo poo."

just got a text that she has fluid on the lungs, elevated troponins (can mean recent heart damage), CHF exacerbation, etc. Is being admitted.

Remember, tests and labs and imaging are always good to have.

But sometimes when you examine a patient and are discussing the next course of action, you just have to say "they look like loving poo poo."

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

FizFashizzle posted:

The head of the facility said i would need to give EMS a reason to get her because her vital signs were stable and she didn't have any bad tests. I said "tell them she looks like loving poo poo."

lol what that isn’t remotely true. Maybe IFT? But you can call 911 for literally no reason people do it all the time.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

LeeMajors posted:

lol what that isn’t remotely true. Maybe IFT? But you can call 911 for literally no reason people do it all the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JW-n6-dS5tE

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
Holy moly, Iowa is getting annihilated by tornadoes right now

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Keep it all up there.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
Currently watching a live stream of a mile wide tornado this is nuts

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Rectal Placenta posted:

Daaaamn

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Shinji2015 posted:

I've had each of the Lakers games on in the background while I'm gaming at night, and it's wild that no matter how well the Lakers do in the first half, they blow it in the 3rd. Pretty sure it's happened in all three games (definitely in the last two, may be misremembering the first)

I feel like the Nuggets are currently the NBA version of Saban's Alabama teams of it his years there, in that no matter what success/lead you initially have, you just know at some point that the pendulum swings the other way and you slowly get ground to a loss.

Rectal Placenta posted:

But do they have cows?

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Canned Sunshine posted:

I feel like the Nuggets are currently the NBA version of Saban's Alabama teams of it his years there, in that no matter what success/lead you initially have, you just know at some point that the pendulum swings the other way and you slowly get ground to a loss.

I didn't know it was possible to do recruiting violations in the NBA!

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Rectal Placenta posted:

Holy moly, Iowa is getting annihilated by tornadoes right now

My brother finally hit me back, he moved from SoCal to Omaha a couple years ago. He just sent me this pic, 5 minutes from his house

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Canned Sunshine posted:

Oh yeah, I absolutely would not want to run up against them the way they're playing right now. Maybe the Lakers can hold it together and take Game 4, but ultimately we know where this series is going.

a sexual elk posted:

My brother finally hit me back, he moved from SoCal to Omaha a couple years ago. He just sent me this pic, 5 minutes from his house

gently caress, that's awful

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Is it wrong that I enjoy hockey fights? If so, I'm okay being wrong.

a sexual elk posted:

I'm glad your brother is okay because jesus christ, that's way too close of a call there.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

a sexual elk posted:

Yikes that’s crazy. I’ll have to see how my Iowa friends are doing.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

a sexual elk posted:

Go to the weather thread and look at the tornados from Omaha and Iowa today. loving insane

edit: here

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Told him I would take quakes, mudslides and wildfires up in the California mountains over random mile wide angry wind playing DDR

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Is it wrong that I enjoy hockey fights? If so, I'm okay being wrong.

Not at all. We went to a few minor league games and the fights are great. The last game we went to was last Friday where the Texas Stars were playing the team they played in the first round of divisional playoffs this week. Outcome didn’t matter, stars lost and the game was so chippy the whole time. Lots of fun to watch.

E: where is the weather thread?

Neil Armbong fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Apr 27, 2024

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

just click on the quote I posted and it will take you there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

kiimo posted:

just click on the quote I posted and it will take you there

Saw you edit after mine. Ty