Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

General Dog posted:

I’m really happy with Pocket Casts on Apple; I assume they’re available on Android.

This is what I use on Android and it's been everything I need it to be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Braksgirl posted:

Oh that reminds me that SB's birthday is next week. I should buy him a card.

That card will work. :wink:

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
New Year's resolution- buy a dog, buy a car, get a promotion, lose weight, be more present for my family, keep sports fandom at a proper sardonic distance.

Off to a good start on the last bit. Roll Tide.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

General Dog posted:

I’m really happy with Pocket Casts on Apple; I assume they’re available on Android.

Thanks for this, I had been using google podcasts as well and am very relieved to find an alternative to Youtube Music

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

hi

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Freaquency posted:

Also because I know all you degens want to know:

Congrats Lee on being the 2023 Chat Thread king

Right at the bottom where I belong like a good sub

No predictions for the year, other than election years are always awful and that my teams will continue to suck; I'm watching the Hornets/Pistons game right now and they panned to a kid who's somehow the only Hornets fan in a family of Piston fans and my initial reaction was "poor kid, he chose this life"

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Air Skwirl posted:

Oh for fucks sake, and I had a month long probation.

Android users, what podcast app do you use. I'm currently using Google's but they're gonna shut it down in April I figured I should start looking now so if I don't like one I can try another.

pocket casts or spotify

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Maybe others have instituted this as well, but Pocket Casts has a lot of good customization like you can change the intervals for your skip forward/back buttons, or set each podcast to skip the first or last “x” amount of time (to skip regular ad breaks, the first 10 minutes of Marc Maron, etc).

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
https://i.imgur.com/HA44tm3.mp4
Smoked a pork shoulder after having it sous vide in pickle brine for about 20 hours.

Finished product. About to shred it and toss it in the reduced pickle brine juices from the sous vide.

They made pretty decent taco filling. Also in it was roasted cauliflower rice, cheap Mexican blend cheese, tomato, scallion, and avocado (not pictured because I forgot for this round).

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

hello

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
All lurkers feel free to post and make LeeMajors less self-conscious about his 86 posts/day 2023 spree

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Sometimes you just gotta post

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Leper obliterated me in word count, I just flooded the zone with brevity.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Posting thru the pain of being a goon.

Quality via sheer volume!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
My posts are handcrafted artisanal words of wisdom. You can’t rush this quality.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Air Skwirl posted:

Android users, what podcast app do you use. I'm currently using Google's but they're gonna shut it down in April I figured I should start looking now so if I don't like one I can try another.

I went from Pocket Casts to Podcast Addict and prefer that. Don't remember specifically why I changed, but I think it had to do with an annoying bug at the time that made the app almost useless. Probably fixed by now if that's the case.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
:jpmf: is fine

Sometimes I ramble about live music or Star Wars or other poo poo I like when it comes up, but that’s just me liking that poo poo a lot. Sometimes it’s a much needed and unifying “gently caress the Cowboys”.

:feelsgood:

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

I’m not ashamed. I post a lot when I’m working between calls, because it’s an easy place to browse and you can pick it up and put it down at will.

It’s hard to get into a book when you’re posted on a street corner and calls are constantly going off.

It’s only ~4/day anyway

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

LeeMajors posted:

Leper obliterated me in word count, I just flooded the zone with brevity.

Remember when Mel was the top poster in the chat thread for the year even after he excommunicated himself in like September?

You’re fine.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Freaquency posted:

Remember when Mel was the top poster in the chat thread for the year even after he excommunicated himself in like September?

You’re fine.

I think that happened with Chiche too

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

fartknocker posted:

I think that happened with Chiche too

And RG3!

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Android Apocalypse posted:

Posting thru the pain of being a goon.

Quality via sheer volume!

if you can't post well, :justpost: anyway

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
You can either be a Netflix season of posts where you do 10 quality posts per year, or be like Must See TV NBC and put everything out there. Sure, you might have some duds but you'll strike gold with a few posts!

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

My grocery store started selling head-on shrimp and I'm gonna buy some and make some good rear end gumbo. Possibly with crawfish meat added.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

I. M. Gei posted:

My grocery store started selling head-on shrimp and I'm gonna buy some and make some good rear end gumbo. Possibly with crawfish meat added.

drat now I want gumbo. Or at least some crawfish.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

I. M. Gei posted:

I’ve never had rear end gumbo

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Eating rear end was already mainstream by 2020 so it makes sense that it evolved into gumbo by 2024.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Silly Burrito posted:

I’ve never had rear end gumbo

:itwaspoo:

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Air Skwirl posted:

another vote for Podcast Addict
been using it for years & never had an issue
literally the only thing i wish it had was a web app so i could listen & keep track of my place in my podcasts while i'm loving around with my PC headphones on instead of having to toggle over to bluetooth on my phone

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

rear end gumbo is what you make in your pants when it's 120 degrees here in August.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
TFFs biggest problem is its GDPC isn't growing fast enough. Number must go up :jpmf:

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I post in bursts and then get quiet. It's just how I've always been on the internet, even back in the old rear end days of LiveJournal communties and other forums.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

is it ok if i post here

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Smoking Crow posted:

is it ok if i post here

post away friend

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

I’m just an empty can that rattles the most after a drink or two

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Smoking Crow posted:

is it ok if i post here

Got any duck dick gifs?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

a sexual elk posted:

Got any duck dick gifs?

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
I used to get anxiety about posting. What if it's not good/funny/interesting/sexy enough?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Nervous posted:

I used to get anxiety about posting. What if it's not good/funny/interesting/sexy enough?

Then you'll fit right in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Nervous posted:

:cheers: