Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

swickles posted:

Yeah, I got it for her as a Christmas gift but have learned to do a lot of stuff with it. I really enjoy making silly one-off shirts that will be worn like once. Her brother and his wife are expecting their first child and their last name is McCracken, so I made them shirts to wear to the hospital that have a kraken holding a pacifier that says "Release the McCracken!"

I also have been making some fun bootleg poo poo.

I assume the child will be named Phil.

Android Apocalypse posted:

I think I'll watch something relaxing tonight…
https://i.imgur.com/Kjo73aa.mp4
Legit one of the best movies I've seen in years. Amazing sound.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Ether Frenzy posted:

I assume the child will be named Phil.

Ernie

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Lakers are beat the Nuggets are 11 practices and now the real games begin

lol Lakers only have to win four in a row, no big deal

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

a sexual elk posted:

Been fuckin around with this thing last couple nights whilst high

You're so good at this stuff. Do you just rebuild by feel or do you plan stuff out?

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

a sexual elk posted:

Yeah didn’t think to take pictures closer to the clouds, they were pouring thru the mountain passes like a stream, seeing clouds from above is cool.

The last time I flew home from the states, I watched a thunderstorm over Rhode Island & Connecticut from 40,000 feet. It was awesome

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

trevorreznik posted:

You're so good at this stuff. Do you just rebuild by feel or do you plan stuff out?

Thanks haha, all free ball and best parts available in my big tub of pieces. Just get tired of looking at the same ole sets on the shelf and get some dumb idea to mix em up.

Look up my posts in the LEGO thread buncha random StarWars builds

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Apr 28, 2024

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Silly Burrito posted:

Nice! You have a Cricut? Braks made a gift tumbler for her friend and it looks awesome, like you could've bought it at Academy.

What I made is a sublimated tumbler, no Cricut involved. I made this design in Canva. I bought an Epson eco tank printer that I filled with sublimation ink and then I bought a sublimation oven. I need to play around with the print quality but this is for my work side piece and she'll like it.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Dodgeball is a great movie with a ton of funny moments but nothing in comedy will ever top Lance Armstrong's speech

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Down

To Go

Then gotta rake the front half of the yard….im tired

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Apr 28, 2024

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Didn't realize the pork belly I got didn't have skin so I couldn't cook it like lechon. Did a more traditional roast with fenugreek & black mustard.

Stir fried some Swiss chard, fennel, spinach, and garlic as a side. Unfortunately all of this is meal prep for the week so it's not even my dinner.

Figured out dinner: 2 keto tacos & consome from Carlos Birrieria, with a pineapple agua fresca to boot.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Media literacy means seeing movies and taking lessons from them.

https://twitter.com/SomaKazima/status/1784440779991126030?t=z3D-j-yM00txSaSYUdCOug&s=19

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Once again reinforcing my desire to stay as far away from any vehicle hauling logs as possible

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Rarely has a movie scene so directly changed my behavior as that one from Final Destination did lol. I am immediately getting the gently caress away from any logging truck on the road

Made sliders tonight (I love the serious eats recipe with caramelized onions, Gruyère and pickles). They were great but the kitchen got smoked out pretty badly. We recently had a vent hood put in, and I know it vents to the outside cause I watched the dude cut the holes and run duct work. But it seems like the fan isn’t doing jack poo poo beyond making a lot of noise. Gotta look into that.

Alternatively “sorry honey looks like the only option is to buy a Blackstone :shrug: / :getin:

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

BLT with a side of pickles and cheese and some cheetos.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
No pics but I had a go at making lard using leftover pig fat scraps that I've been accumulating in the freezer. Tossed everything into my slow cooker and let it go for about 6 hours.

It definitely has that pig smell that regular lard doesn't have.

Next up: beef tallow using the same technique.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Lard is a scrap step too far for me. Not exactly sure why aside from the smell.

3 out of 4 of the cats have a kitty cold. My fuzzy grey boy sneezed in my face last night but since he's perking up I've forgiven him.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I dont mind the smell of lard or tallow. Still the best way to make roast taters.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

BlindSite posted:

I dont mind the smell of lard or tallow. Still the best way to make roast taters.

Duck fat

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Worse smelling than the other two imo.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

BlindSite posted:

Worse smelling than the other two imo.

Yeah, but my god the flavors

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

a neat cape posted:

Yeah, but my god the flavors

I prefer beef tallow but taste is what it is.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Fries taste just fine if they're from an Ore-Ida bag and you baked them from frozen, yes the ones that take 7 years off your life and take three weeks planning to make are probably 2-3% better but let's be realistic here fellas.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Lard is a scrap step too far for me. Not exactly sure why aside from the smell.

3 out of 4 of the cats have a kitty cold. My fuzzy grey boy sneezed in my face last night but since he's perking up I've forgiven him.

Does your cat always make that face, beei'm cracking up looking at it right now.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Ether Frenzy posted:

Fries taste just fine if they're from an Ore-Ida bag and you baked them from frozen, yes the ones that take 7 years off your life and take three weeks planning to make are probably 2-3% better but let's be realistic here fellas.

Do you live in a food wasteland or something

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

a sexual elk posted:

Dicking around Arrowhead Lake and BlueJay today and the great pizza place that had its roof caved in from snow last winter is back open

that is some goddamned good lookin pizza

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
That pizza needs pineapple tbh

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
My grandma is going to the hospital with a suspected stroke. Because of vacations and such I am now the closest family member, so I am renting a car to drove over. The one nice little diversion from this was the Uber ride to the rental car place. Guy was originally from Spain and after like 10 seconds of conversation, he clocked me as a leftist, and he just started talking about how capitalism is killing us all and we should be openly and violently protecting the environment from corporate and political interests. Then he said he was voting Trump, but because he is an accelerationist (my words) and just wants the uprising to come as soon as possible.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

swickles posted:

My grandma is going to the hospital with a suspected stroke. Because of vacations and such I am now the closest family member, so I am renting a car to drove over. The one nice little diversion from this was the Uber ride to the rental car place. Guy was originally from Spain and after like 10 seconds of conversation, he clocked me as a leftist, and he just started talking about how capitalism is killing us all and we should be openly and violently protecting the environment from corporate and political interests. Then he said he was voting Trump, but because he is an accelerationist (my words) and just wants the uprising to come as soon as possible.

So which C-Spam IK is he?

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

https://x.com/CollinRugg/status/1784951750262395237

“Address material conditions!”

“No.”

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Accelerationism sounds awesome

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Accelerationism sounds awesome

Accelerationists think that they’re going to enjoy the fruits of burning it all down while suffering none of the ills that would entail

It’s leopards eating faces from the opposite direction

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I remember once in college I was in a study group with some other engineers and when it came up that I was petroleum engineering he got really huffy about it and the ethical ramifications of the industry. I just told him flat out, "I feel like I can live with being a complicit, Eichmann type" and he just said "I don't know who that it."

Anyway he was nuclear, I think he just had an axe to grind.

General Dog fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Apr 29, 2024

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Freaquency posted:

Accelerationists think that they’re going to enjoy the fruits of burning it all down while suffering none of the ills that would entail

I'm prepared to die

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Freaquency posted:

"If things get bad enough surely they will get better!"

It's extremely dumb.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Hot Diggity! posted:

It's extremely dumb.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8xL0FE0Dpk

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Hot Diggity! posted:

It's extremely dumb.

Yep. It sure worked out well the first time around!

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Hot Diggity! posted:

It's extremely dumb.

Indeed it is. It's like they want to recreate how the USSR came about, but they conveniently forget, or just think it doesn't apply to them, that a whole shitload of people died for that to happen, and then a whole bunch of people died after it happened too.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
The best accelerationists are the ones that take the initiative and :nutshot: first.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Hot Diggity! posted:

It's extremely dumb.

It’s real hard to change out the faulty parts on this plane while it’s flying, but if we just crash it we can get a new one!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

H.L. Menken's most famous quote is "Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."

I think about that a lot when people on the left talk about being accelerationists.

He also said "Every decent man is ashamed of the government he lives under." and "As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart’s desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron." and "Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance."

prophetic

Note; Menken was a bit of a Nietzsche fan, hated FDR, and thought we should have stayed out of both world wars, and Ayn Rand was a big fan of his. So like, I'm not saying he's a laudable figure. He was an rear end in a top hat and he was wrong about a lot of stuff.

Just... yeah his statements about how hosed up democracy is keep winding up being highly prophetic