Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Nervous posted:

I used to get anxiety about posting. What if it's not good/funny/interesting/sexy enough?

Post/username combo lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Kraken win the winter classic and UW wins the Sugar Bowl, gotta say, pretty good day for me :)

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
Half the time I post in this thread I mention some dumb tangential thing that nobody engages with and that’s perfectly fine. Not every post is meant to start a discussion or get quoted a ton.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Kurgarra Queen posted:

Half the time I post in this thread I mention some dumb tangential thing that nobody engages with and that’s perfectly fine. Not every post is meant to start a discussion or get quoted a ton.

Too late I’m quoting it

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Silly Burrito posted:

post away friend

thanks, i just got back into football this season w/ the lions after 15 years of not watching

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Smoking Crow posted:

thanks, i just got back into football this season w/ the lions after 15 years of not watching

I obviously root for the Saints but drat if I'm not hoping the Lions go really far this year.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Silly Burrito posted:

I obviously root for the Saints but drat if I'm not hoping the Lions go really far this year.

yeah i come from a family of crazy steelers fans so it was a bit of a shock to them

i got a lions shirt for christmas from my dad so i think they've accepted my sinful and aberrant ways

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Just finished marathoning the live action One Piece, with zero interaction with any of the anime or anything, and I really liked it. So gonna rewatch it every now and then till new season drops in 3 years, same with Arcane. Arcane rocks

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Too late I’m quoting it

Quoting this

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
For me the biggest reason live action One Piece works so well because they did some fantastic casting. Inaki Godoy's Luffy is just so, so, so good and has great chemistry with everyone so the ultra stupid and cheesy stuff comes off so much better than it had the right to. Still creeped out by the denden mushi tho.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Now to rewatch Tacoma FD again, under loving rated

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

a sexual elk posted:

Now to rewatch Tacoma FD again, under loving rated

My wife and I were bored last night so we started it. We're about 6 episodes in but it's pretty good.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Dude the Gala episode, you’re gonna love it

“I farted”

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Jan 2, 2024

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Is Tacoma FD the one by the Super Troopers guys?

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Manoueverable posted:

Is Tacoma FD the one by the Super Troopers guys?

2 of em ya, one of the shows I *need* subs on cause the one liners fly

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Nervous posted:

I used to get anxiety about posting. What if it's not good/funny/interesting/sexy enough?

post a picture of yourself without pants

remind everyone that that was 16 years ago

everyone goes oh noooooooo

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

do any of you play fighting games? my friends are trying to get me back into granblue vs rising. i played original granblue back when it was new, but i thought it was the most average fighter on the market

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Hong Kong Popeyes has turned me in the weathered man from a native culture in videos frowning after trying a foreign versions of his ethnic food.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

seiferguy posted:

Quoting this

And now I'm quoting you!

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Inaki Godoy's Luffy is just so, so, so good and has great chemistry with everyone so the ultra stupid and cheesy stuff comes off so much better than it had the right to.

His Luffy is just so sincere, straightforward, and earnest while also sanding down some of the harsh edges of Oda's early characterization in the series; like, I thought Luffy in the early manga was a typical shonen protag idiot, but the way he plays it in the show, it comes off as being more neuroatypical. His Luffy still isn't the brightest guy and lacks tact and some social skills... but he's not an idiot, and I really appreciate that

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Whoever recommended Star Trek: Prodigy on Netflix in the last thread, thanks, it slaps.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Shinji2015 posted:

And now I'm quoting you!

His Luffy is just so sincere, straightforward, and earnest while also sanding down some of the harsh edges of Oda's early characterization in the series; like, I thought Luffy in the early manga was a typical shonen protag idiot, but the way he plays it in the show, it comes off as being more neuroatypical. His Luffy still isn't the brightest guy and lacks tact and some social skills... but he's not an idiot, and I really appreciate that

Ya this

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Is One Piece getting a second season do we know. Cowboy Bebop had issues but I still wish they got a second one and I think One Piece was better.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Air Skwirl posted:

Whoever recommended Star Trek: Prodigy on Netflix in the last thread, thanks, it slaps.

Hooray!

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Nervous posted:

See spaghetti at the wall, random One Piece and Tacoma FD, badda boom you got a soup going

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Air Skwirl posted:

Is One Piece getting a second season do we know. Cowboy Bebop had issues but I still wish they got a second one and I think One Piece was better.

One Piece was the first Netflix show to be #1 in all their top markets and was immediately greenlit for season 2, yes

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

Air Skwirl posted:

It is, season 2 got greenlit incredibly fast.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

My posts are handcrafted artisanal words of wisdom. You can’t rush this quality.

Sorry I missed you in last nights drunk soppy poo poo but you and Brax seem like super cool parents, I had mine late (7 and 3 now at 38) but I really enjoy you guys’ family posting. Me and the wife come from homes where our parents split early in our lives so we’re just kinda figuring it out as we go along. You two give me a goal I want to achieve

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

fartknocker posted:

gently caress the Cowboys

Gonk

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I am 48 hours into a 72 hour fast and I'm gettin p hungry. Wouldn't be too bad other than my social media being lots about cooking stuff and it makes me hungry. Oh well, I'll enjoy that sushi tomorrow night.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Nervous posted:

I think 3/4 of my posts get ignored. I’ve come to terms with not being funny on the internet. I’m usually funnier in real life.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Smoking Crow posted:

do any of you play fighting games? my friends are trying to get me back into granblue vs rising. i played original granblue back when it was new, but i thought it was the most average fighter on the market

I used to be big into SF2 and MK, and I still enjoy playing them, but I just don’t keep up with each new variant. Gimme some MK2 and I’ll have a grand old time.

a sexual elk posted:

Sorry I missed you in last nights drunk soppy poo poo but you and Brax seem like super cool parents, I had mine late (7 and 3 now at 38) but I really enjoy you guys’ family posting. Me and the wife come from homes where our parents split early in our lives so we’re just kinda figuring it out as we go along. You two give me a goal I want to achieve

Thanks, I really appreciate that! But trust me, we’re just trying to figure it all out too. Just love your kids, even when they make you want to tear your hair out. And when you make mistakes, don’t be afraid to admit it. Hell, we all make them every day.

My oldest is heading into college this year, so we’re reliving all the FAFSA fun of the 90s, except this time it’s all digital and online! To give her credit, she’s been diligent about keeping on top of it.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Shinji2015 posted:

And now I'm quoting you!

And I you! :regd08:

If we’re gonna cross forum gimmicks, May the fourth be with you today, my good goon.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I watched Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves again last night because my sister thought she didn't see it. She kept saying she recognized Justice Smith from some other movie and then just listed plot points of the very same movie we were watching. :v:

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

a sexual elk posted:

gently caress, if you had yours late, I'm ancient. I have a 4 year old and I'm 42. Figuring it out as you go is parenting 101 I think. We're having some real struggles with our kid right now. He gets frustrated super easily, and when that happens he starts yelling and screaming immediately. The hardest part is keeping calm when you have a tiny human screaming at you. I'm trying to be better at talking in a calm voice in response, but that doesn't always happen. The other hard thing is that he's an only child, so he always wants to play with us, and sometimes I just don't have the energy for play time. We really got to get him some more friends to hang out with.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
^ 42 with 8 and 4 year olds. I'm... So tired.

Tulalip Tulips posted:

I post in bursts and then get quiet.

Same. I think of my posts like orgasms, awkward and almost always disappointing.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

My sister got me some Indian coffee while she was in Bangalore. Tastes a little burnt… :geno:

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Silly Burrito posted:

I used to be big into SF2 and MK, and I still enjoy playing them, but I just don’t keep up with each new variant. Gimme some MK2 and I’ll have a grand old time.

Thanks, I really appreciate that! But trust me, we’re just trying to figure it all out too. Just love your kids, even when they make you want to tear your hair out. And when you make mistakes, don’t be afraid to admit it. Hell, we all make them every day.

My oldest is heading into college this year, so we’re reliving all the FAFSA fun of the 90s, except this time it’s all digital and online! To give her credit, she’s been diligent about keeping on top of it.

That's cool I go to tournaments for SF2. I'm bad compared to the top players in the country but I'm alright

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

That said, the difference in skill between top players in fgs and ppl like me are night and day

Like the difference between high school prospects and NFL players

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I had my kids early and late.

I never sleep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Bird in a Blender posted:

gently caress, if you had yours late, I'm ancient. I have a 4 year old and I'm 42. Figuring it out as you go is parenting 101 I think. We're having some real struggles with our kid right now. He gets frustrated super easily, and when that happens he starts yelling and screaming immediately. The hardest part is keeping calm when you have a tiny human screaming at you. I'm trying to be better at talking in a calm voice in response, but that doesn't always happen. The other hard thing is that he's an only child, so he always wants to play with us, and sometimes I just don't have the energy for play time. We really got to get him some more friends to hang out with.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

^ 42 with 8 and 4 year olds. I'm... So tired.

Same. I think of my posts like orgasms, awkward and almost always disappointing.

Hi fellow old parents. 43 and dad to a neurodivergent 9-year old. I have no idea how some of you also hold down jobs while doing this. I'm tired and frequently low-key stressed. That being said, I have no idea what I'd do with myself if I even felt like I could go back to work because my various bones and organs aren't likely to be able to do the physical sort of jobs I was doing before.

Our insurance is also not going to pay for kiddo's therapy any more starting in March because she's showing improvement. I think stopping a treatment because a treatment is working is kind of dumb as poo poo but I am not a healthcare industry vulture so :shrug:

quote:

posting

I used to just post random dumb stuff because my brain goes on weird tangents, so why not? I've been trying to sincere post more regularly, though honestly I still get anxiety interacting with humans, even if it is less than it used to be. GDT's are great for just dropping off the first stupid thought that comes into your head though so I like posting in them. Like I feel like most of my posts are either shitposts or long-winded effort posts because I have to get the thoughts out quick OR have to analyze them in excruciating detail.

Also

No Butt Stuff posted:

I had my kids early and late.

I never sleep.

Y'know, a little Butt Stuff could have prevented this.