Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

BlindSite posted:

2024 is the year of the economic collapse because its just what the world needs.

Whoa I didn’t know that you write for the WSJ

fartknocker posted:

gently caress the Cowboys

I’m looking forward to whatever extremely funny way they get bounced from the playoffs this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Also because I know all you degens want to know:

Congrats Lee on being the 2023 Chat Thread king

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Happy Election Year everybody

Ugh

Gah, why did you remind me

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

LeeMajors posted:

Leper obliterated me in word count, I just flooded the zone with brevity.

Remember when Mel was the top poster in the chat thread for the year even after he excommunicated himself in like September?

You’re fine.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

We’re both 34 and a no on kids. I’m happy being the funcle.

Also, had Buc-ee’s brisket sandwich and it was incredibly mid. It was basically Mission BBQ tier (though I didn’t have to recite pledge to get it so point to the Beaver)

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

swickles posted:

General Dog make sure are legal to fly your drone before you do. We live nowhere near an airport but are in an FAA zone that requires registration to fly a drone, something we found out when getting our roof done.

Also, crossposting from GWS but you guys always help me out too:

Does anyone use any apps to keep track of their kitchen inventory? I'm looking for something I could access from both mine and my wife's phone (Android and iPhone). Tired of wondering if we have X spice or sauce and ending up with 3 bottles. Would like to be able to track what spices, sauces/condiments, and what all we have in our deep freeze. We just packaged a lot of meat and come spring are probably going to be splitting a cow with some neighbors, so it would be nice to have everything on my phone instead of the dry erase board next to the deep freeze.

Paprika. I’ve been using it for years. It’s a recipe app, but they have a pantry you can utilize to keep track of what you have. I pull recipes from Milk Street or Serious Eats with the in-app browser, then you can
add groceries to a list right from the recipe. It’s on iOS, MacOS, Windows, and Android.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

What kind of monster lacks the restraint to avoid watching a series you’re sharing together?

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Pron on VHS posted:

I have secretly watched new episodes of a show my wife and I watch together and then pretended to watch it again for the first time with her. I have done this literally hundreds of times, for entire seasons of some shows in fact.

Bird in a Blender posted:

My wife is absolutely terrible about sitting down and watching a show, and sometimes I just want to see what happens already!

These are acceptable exceptions (assuming Bird’s wife is OK with this dynamic. It’s psycho poo poo to plow through a season you’re watching with someone else when they’re, like, at work or whatever.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

We are in Memphis right now and holy poo poo why would anyone go to Nashville instead of here?

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

GD_American posted:

Chimp?

I had heard about it before I saw it. I guess it would be far more shocking going in blind.

The chimp thing wasn’t bad, but the people from the rodeo being digested and realizing it was rough

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Braksgirl posted:

They said it was a "baby pelican." Mmmmmmkay.

Also the pelican is on our state flag. There's a big rear end state seal in our board room right outside the door where the bird was. I mean.

You have to pass this to get to the bird. Lawd help us.

Look I don’t get paid to notice birds OK

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Kalli posted:

.... Fine I'll submit the bugfix

Dr. Duran Duran thanks you

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Just got back from our Christmas road trip. Some real sicko stats here:

Really annoyed that I was off from an even 4400 by .1 of a mile, and that a light rail train blocked me and kept me from an even 70 hours :mad:

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

No Butt Stuff posted:

70 hours? In a car?

We certainly didn’t walk it :) Left the 21st and got back about an hour ago. 4 days out, then 10 or so days visiting, then 4 back. We stopped in:

*Manhattan, KS
*St Louis
*Asheville
*Atlanta
*Memphis
*OKC

We don’t make any one leg too long so we can check stuff out along the way. Saw the Gateway Arch, got BBQ and listened to some music on Beale Street in Memphis, visited Tupelo and took a picture in front of an Elvis mural, and did quite a bit of hiking. Coolest place was Memphis, OKC was kinda meh. It’s fun!

General Dog posted:

Where’d you go, the North Pole?

CO > NC and back

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

John Oliver did a whole episode on how bad the train infrastructure is here a couple of weeks ago. Would you believe that consolidation and an emphasis on “efficiency” has turned the rail companies into a train wreck? :monocle:

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

I’m not saying he’s right but *looks at Chiefs’ record* I ain’t saying he’s wrong either

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

C-Euro posted:

Yeah, in his Hot Ones interview he talks about overhearing David Simon not wanting to cast any Brits, so he faked an American accent for the audition lol. Whatever works!

Intruder posted:

Ok I just started digging into Wire casting stuff and heard McNulty's actor's real voice and jesus loving christ

Well McNulty slipped past too I guess

Yeah looking at the cast Simon really hosed that one lol

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Joey Freshwater posted:

wtf we’re about to watch Glass Onion on Netflix and the little preview thing spoils part of the reveal at the end.

Are those randomly generated or manually done because either way that’s dumb as hell.

What did it spoil specifically? Was it the thing where a bit of the movie will play or the trailer?

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Joey Freshwater posted:

I’d already seen it but my gf hadn’t and we’d just watched Knives Out. It was the random scene that plays as you hover over the movie title. I changed it quick so she didn’t see but it’s the scene where Janelle Monet’s character reveals she’s not dead/is the sister as she’s walking down the stairs. like wtf

Welp, that’s some horseshit.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Qwijib0 posted:

fontchat

seen this new NFL font on a couple of broadcasts

I hate it, and hope they don't shift everything to it.

Please help… I barely escaped… the Butcher!

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Feels like Silly Burrito had a birthday last year, and we’re expected to celebrate this one too!? This is horseshit

(hbd buddy :shobon:)

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Jason Whitlock is the piece of poo poo who went all-in on far-right BS, correct?

If so :lol::sickos:

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I made someone mad, I guess.

lol

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

It is somehow going to be colder here than it is in the mountains over the weekend.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Thaddius the Large posted:

Can’t remember if I’ve crowdsourced this in here, but my kid had a class project a while back where everyone is randomly assigned on of the states to do a report on, and she got South Dakota, which has now instilled an interest in her to visit this summer, but not with any more idea of what to actually visit there. Off the top of my head there’s Mt Rushmore, the Crazy Horse monument, the Corn Palace, and gently caress all else to do. Anybody got some great South Dakota vacation thoughts?

Badlands is rad as hell. Last time I went a storm rolled in, so all of the formations were backgrounded by these massive clouds… then the lightning started :black101:

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

seiferguy posted:

Doublepost but something a little lighthearted prep sports event and absolutely loving stupid.

https://twitter.com/manley_tnt/status/1745627025124307372?t=Vq3vGBkDjmw0ml3_CMYahQ&s=19

(Heres the article on archive if you hit the paywall): https://archive.is/q3rCO

tl;dr high school basketball game ends against 2 heated rivals, two players of the winning team go out and stomp on the logo, Terrell Owens style. 1 ref is there, calls a technical on both of them. Winning team appeals the call, and loses. Now Saturday (a month later) the losing team gets to take 4 free throw shots. If they make 1 or less, they lose, 3 or more they win. Chaos option is if they make 2 then they have to play overtime.

I live within walking distance of where these free throws are being taken.

That’s horseshit. All refs are cops, and, well…

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

a sexual elk posted:

Also for a long while now I’ve been bloated as gently caress after eating stuff, I’m a big guy but I don’t eat a lot in one sitting. 2 softies from Taco Bell or like A regular burger from Carls (Hardee’s) or Burger King (Hungry Jack for Blind) and I’m good. Even those places signature burgers like a Whopper or Famous Star are to much lately. So this week I cut out dairy and I’m sad to say it worked. I was raised drinking 1/2 a gallon of milk a day. I am both sad to lose cheese but excited to not feel like complete poo poo half the time

If it’s just some bloating maybe Lactaid pills would work? I don’t have dairy issues by my partner’s sister does and she’s usually good with just a tablet. I wouldn’t trust it to take care of a half gallon of milk but like a non-Wisconsinite level of dairy should be fine.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

a neat cape posted:

Lmfao Gonzaga loving sucks

Such is the power of Steve Nash

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Forrest on Fire posted:

Illinois. North of Chicago.

We have a building in the Chicago suburbs that is offline right now because ComEd is apparently completely hosed. We have two feeders to that property too, it should never lose power.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Qwijib0 posted:

You can't talk this way about canadian superstar steve nash!

No no, Steve Nash was at the game to spur his Santa Clara, uh *checks notes* Broncos? to victory over the dastardly Gonzaga Bulldogs. He is the hero in this story.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Dango Bango posted:

Precheck rules. Except in airports where they don't give you any bins when you still have to take items out of your pockets. Or in the Asheville airport where they have the Precheck line but give you a red card after they scan your ID/boarding pass but before the scanners. So of course people put the red card in the bin and TSA has to hold up the line to yell at people to carry the red card with them or take off their shoes, belts, etc. It makes no sense.

San Diego does the same thing with the card and I saw someone in front of me stick it in their mouth to empty their pockets :barf:

That’s actually the biggest airport I recall running into the card system; usually it’s the smaller regional airports. Although, if you travel with someone without precheck and go through the regular line with them you may get the card and keep your shoes on.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Global Entry makes coming back to the US an absolute dream. I remember one time flying Costa Rica-Miami and seeing the customs line stretching aaaaallllll the way down the hallway, and then the GE line is like 6 people deep. I was through in like 90 seconds.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

It was only -10 or so here this morning, but my partner was jazzed to get up and take the dog out because she loves reading books about polar explorers and now she’s getting to cosplay as one.

I stood outside for a little bit in jeans and a long T-shirt and it was cold but not nearly as bad as you might think. It was pretty still so the wind wasn’t a factor, if it’d whipped up I would have gone running back inside something quick I’m sure.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Drake No: long cutscenes
Drake Yes: 2.5 minute long ladder climbing sequence

https://youtu.be/vgaYe4ZYYyY?si=ulVxKe_uZS9yKOVC

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

LeeMajors posted:

Wife complainers are the worst. I’m never quite sure if it’s a cultural expectation among bros or what, but like, marriages and relationships are voluntary endeavors and you’re supposed to be a team.

Fellas, is it gay to love and respect your wife :thunk:

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Please pull out up, thread

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

seiferguy posted:

The only software I hate with a passion is Adobe Creative Cloud. I just want to use Acrobat, bitch, why you keep logging me out every week and forcing a re-login??

Oh god, we had a bunch of people who had to get moved from an old Adobe suite to the new CC stuff and they are loving furious. The UI is so bad compared to what they had and all I can tell them is that I’m not the UX lead for Adobe so I can’t do anything about it.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

My day job isn’t actively harmful to society, so my philosophy has become “do enough to stay gainfully employed so I can then go out and do the things that matter”. I used to want a job that was germane to my interests and was “making the world a better place” but then I realized that that almost universally makes you hate the thing you used to love. Now I’m all about my creative stuff on my own time and volunteering on weekends and it’s a lot more fulfilling than if I was just, like, doing IT at a nonprofit or something.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

More artists should make feature-length music videos for their work, this rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Love to see Portnoy eat poo poo