Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Freaquency posted:

Also because I know all you degens want to know:

Congrats Lee on being the 2023 Chat Thread king

Oh for fucks sake, and I had a month long probation.

Android users, what podcast app do you use. I'm currently using Google's but they're gonna shut it down in April I figured I should start looking now so if I don't like one I can try another.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Nervous posted:

I used to get anxiety about posting. What if it's not good/funny/interesting/sexy enough?

Then you'll fit right in.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Whoever recommended Star Trek: Prodigy on Netflix in the last thread, thanks, it slaps.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Is One Piece getting a second season do we know. Cowboy Bebop had issues but I still wish they got a second one and I think One Piece was better.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Braksgirl posted:

Honey that child got pregnant at 14. She just turned 16 and has a 1 year old. It's so stupid. And she doesn't do it, her mom does a lot. But she dropped out of school and the baby daddy 18 year old does construction and spends his time cross faded af.

I'm being judgmental, but gently caress if I'm raising a grandchild at 45. gently caress offff.

I was a trap baby myself when my mom was 18 and my dad was 26. It didn't work out because my parents got divorced when I was 14.

Across the mom group I was always 5-10 years older than other moms with kids the same age as ours. We brought our oldest home from the hospital on my 28th birthday.

My grandparents were all in their early twenties when they had my parents, but both my mom and my dad were born approximately 7 months after their parents got married.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

BlindSite posted:

A voucher for pills instead of the pills seems kinda... :effort:

Yeah, it's weird. You'd think in the event of a nuclear emergency the pills would be free for everyone in the immediate area whether or not they had a voucher. But :capitalism:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

swickles posted:

Oh, I should clarify the voucher is if you want to pick up a supply to keep on hand in your medicine cabinet or whatever. I assume they will be at any and all evacuation sites.

Go pick them up.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Joey Freshwater posted:

Ok I watched Us and all I can say is

what the fuuuuuuck

The premise is a bit silly when you get to the end of it, but not that complicated.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Braksgirl posted:

Our super picky teenager went out with friends today and tried a Korean corn dog. Is she becoming an adult now? I'm astonished.

I was a super picky eater as a kid and my mom got a little annoyed at me when she found out I was way less of a picky eater when having dinner at a friend's parent's house than in my own home.

Then, sometime in my teens a switch flipped in my head and I was down for pretty much anything food wise, and then like a year later I started getting really annoyed at my friends who were still picky eaters.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Its Rinaldo posted:

God, the Seahawks and Steelers are gonna swap coaches in the next couple years aren't they

It'd be sorta fitting for the Steelers to be coached by someone who knows that steel is so strong it can't be melted by jet fuel.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Braksgirl posted:

They said it was a "baby pelican." Mmmmmmkay.

Also the pelican is on our state flag. There's a big rear end state seal in our board room right outside the door where the bird was. I mean.

You have to pass this to get to the bird. Lawd help us.

Maybe they thought it would be quicker to get help for the bird if they claimed it was the state bird?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

My maternal grandparents drove most everywhere instead of flying. They weren't against flying but just seemed to prefer driving. They owned a home in Idaho and my granddad taught in Houston so they would summer in Idaho and drive back to Houston for the school year, pretty much every year. When I was two I lived in Alaska and once they drove me a toddler, to Houston from Anchorage and watched me for two weeks so my parents could have a break.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

GD_American posted:

I'm not a train nerd but I briefly wondered how if one of these mega-billionaires was and instead of building his own space rockets, he bought like CSX or something and tried to make them good

Then I realized this is pretty much step one to how people have a framed photo of Steve Jobs or pay 8 bucks a month for a blue check.

I genuinely believe it's impossible to become a billionaire and continue to be a decent human being, like the steps an individual has to take to get to that point requires doing some deeply immoral things. So I wouldn't hold my breath on this.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Pain of Mind posted:

That is what is weird about it, it was the lightest fall you could image, I was going like 3 mph and did not get a single bruise anywhere that hit the ice. I was skating with my 7 year old and was holding her hand, she started to fall and then my skate snagged on a gouge in the ice so I started to fall, I tried to keep her up with one hand and then fell awkwardly on my other arm where my elbow effectively punched a hole in my ribs using my (average) body weight. It did not even bother me much at the time, I kept skating another 30 minutes after until it was time to go.

Anyway, trip report after 4 hours of urgent care, x-rays, a CT scan, and likely a $2000 bill is that my course of action is the same is if I never went in, just take advil or whatever and it should get better in 6-8 weeks. I guess at least I do not need surgery, but I could have just stayed home.

Yeah, my dad had a bad shoulder break trying to keep me from falling down at about that age at a roller skating rink. My mom was like "you should have just let him (me) fall, he's still mostly cartilage at that age."

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

In case anyone needed another reason to love the show Reacher and the actor in the titular part more.

https://twitter.com/Veeren_Jubbal/status/1743455628876456418?s=20

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

You aren't making GBS threads on the amazing primetime soap dramady "The O.C." right? Just the lovely reality show not even spin off just rip off "Laguna Beach; The Real O.C." right? Because if you are making GBS threads on The O.C. and I had any idea of your physical location and it was within a reasonable driving distance I still wouldn't try and fight you, but I might yell something mean at you.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Hugh Laurie did the same thing for House, which is a little wild since I thought Jeeves and Wooster were a little better known.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Braksgirl posted:

Y'all please wish Silly Burrito a happy birthday today!

Happy birthday SB, it's also mine, and Richard Nixon's. It was my cousin's yesterday. He gets to share it with Elvis.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

The problem with having a cousin whose birthday is the day before yours is when they send you a happy birthday text and you realize you didn't do the same thing yesterday.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Maybe because of Wire chat I first heard it as Isaiah Whitlock and I was very confused. Like, Clay Davis is a piece of poo poo, but that's just a character.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Stephen A absolutely went off on Jason Whitlock. Not like in his usual bombastic showman way. I mean in a deeply serious not one ounce of humor way. It’s something. He’s also 100% right.

https://twitter.com/shannonsharpeee/status/1745263135643357688

I thought he'd at least get into specifics of why Whitlock is a piece of poo poo.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Thaddius the Large posted:

I mean, he talks about being a sellout Uncle Tom who panders to white people in an effort to sell out the black community and ran “Black Grantland” into the ground, runs off a list of media figures both on air and off who despise Whitlock and won’t work for him, calls out Whitlock for first trying to hire him and then trashing him in the press, and that’s just the little bit I sat through, seemed pretty detailed to me! But also he smoothly incorporates a plug for his book without missing a beat or lowering his volume, it’s quite a show.

I meant in the three minute thing, is there a link to the full piece? because I want to hear it.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Oh my god, it's a loving hour, I thought it'd be 20 minutes or so.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Forrest on Fire posted:

I watched it.

He gets specific, but doesn't get stuck on details he doesn't have. He has names dates places and he does not find this funny.

It's not really worth your time if you already know Whitlock's a piece of poo poo.

I don't know much about him except for the poo poo talking in this thread itself and a quick google. And from that google I can't quite tell if Whitlock accused Smith of lying in his memoir or accused him of using a ghost writer and lying about that or both? Either is enough to get pissed about. SAS has been a professional writer for long enough it's easy to believe he wrote his own memoir and would acknowledge a co-writer at least if he did use a ghost writer, and he's been a journalist or journalist adjacent long enough that he knows how much poo poo would rain down on him if something he claims in his memoir was proven to be false.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Forrest on Fire posted:

Whitlock lies all the time, said Stephen A is an industry plant who didn't write his autobiography on someone else's podcast.

Got to the part where he's talking about Whitlock (first 15 minutes were about the Aaron Rodgers/Jimmy Kimmel thing) and seems like Whitlock both accused him of lying in the memoir and lying about writing it himself. Again, both are insane accusations to make without proof against someone who has been professional journalist/commentator for literal decades.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

I know more about Whitlock than I want to and he wasn't always insane. Off, but funny and you could sit with his bullshit. But he sure as hell went full grifter at some point.

Darkly amusingly to his detriment because he could be writing his bullshit for Fox or whoever if he just toned it down a little bit, at least he'd still be getting paid then. Now he's writing for 'who?'

He's on Blaze, like I think Fox Sports isn't as right wing as Fox News, but they aren't some sort of SJW blue haired sports network. I think I've heard of Blaze before, but I have no idea how you watch it.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Android Apocalypse posted:

Last night The Dark Knight was on TV & tonight it's Mad Max: Fury Road.

Remembering seeing these in the theater and being all :aaa:.

Speaking if Mad Max, I'm cautiously optimistic for Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga later this year around Memorial Day weekend.

Has George Miller made a bad movie? Like, probably the worst is Thunderdome and even that is just 'Not as good as Road Warrior' which is a test a lot of good movies fail.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Perils of piracy, I wanted to download the Disney+ show Echo about the deaf ninja and accidently downloaded a show called Echoes about a woman who's identical twin disappears suddenly and she pretends to be the twin to try and figure out what happened. The first episode isn't bad if that concept is intriguing to you, but I kept wondering when the deaf ninja was going to show up.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I feel like my high school was big enough that odds are I went to school with a murderer or at least someone who committed vehicular homicide via drunk driving , but they weren't in any of the social circles I stayed in contact with and if there was a murderer it wasn't famous enough to make national headlines.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

No idea what could cause voters, especially Republican voters, to just automatically assume everyone with dark skin is a foreign born Muslim.

https://x.com/aterkel/status/1745976055536508973?s=20

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

BlindSite posted:

I don't know much about Vivek, for all I know he might be a bought and paid for piece of poo poo but his destruction of Haley was absolutely the most based thing I have ever seen.

They're all absolute loving monsters, but he's one of the more entertaining ones, and a complete lunatic. He got rich on an IPO for a company that never actually made anything. It was some medical thing, he didn't commit outright fraud (or at least didn't get caught) so it's not quite the same as Elizabeth Holmes, but at least people like Zuckerberg or Musk were involved in making things that people use everyday (they probably shouldn't, but they do). He got rich off vaporware.

One of the most entertaining things in the Republican primaries for 2016 was watching Trump just absolutely destroy all of the other candidates, and well, we saw where that got us.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Basement apartments are cold and I always forget this fact. We have a heat dish space heater and as soon as the cats get off me I'm turning it on. My feet are so cold.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/billboard/status/1746232581761200495?s=20

Reminder that Brett Favre stole $77 million in welfare funds to build his daughter a volleyball facility at her school.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

If the only time you talk about your SO to others is to complain about them, it's definitely a problem, but I think it's fine to vent about trivial things like how much you hate their favorite TV show to other people.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

T-Square posted:

lol yeah, I experience the same thing and my GF also does when hanging out with the girls of my friend group. She’s said multiple times they’ll be bitching and then all look at her and she’ll be like “Idk T-Square is the best, idk what to tell you” :smug:

That's what she tells you she tells them.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Ether Frenzy posted:

I wonder how much spit the average "I don't like this regular ingredient can you please alter the recipe for me" individual eats in a lifetime. I had a friend at work who could never just order what was on the menu and he irritated everyone and we didn't even have to pick the carrots/mushrooms/whatever out of his lunch.

I worked in restaurants for more than a decade and to my knowledge the cooks didn't spit in the food no matter how annoying the customer. I was front of house so they had plenty of opportunities to do it without me seeing.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Ether Frenzy posted:

Yeah, this guy isn't an rear end in a top hat per se but just overly picky. I could see FOH staff rolling their eyes when he ordered, but he paid and wasn't otherwise obnoxious/annoying. His friends (my work crew) just got tired of every restaurant possibly being vetoed because (imaginary reason)

I get it, I just see things like the movie Waiting (which I thought was mostly funny) where there's this big thing about loving with a customer's food and it just annoys me that people think that happens in real life. Most often the punishment for being a picky eater is random upcharges on the item or it taking significantly longer to come out than everything else.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

They did send some school work home for tomorrow, which is bullshit. Give the kids a day off man.

Meanwhile I’m on call for an office that is closed today and tomorrow.

If they're going to have to make up the day later it's absolutely bs they gave the kids homework.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I saw this and now you all have to also. Apologies in advance.

https://twitter.com/ImBillRay/status/1746950007129772409?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

swickles posted:

I mean I am not gonna lie, would.

They are much, much hotter than I think the vast majority of real life swingers are.