Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice
Happy New Year chat thread. We went up to Estes Park today before heading home tomorrow and the elevation out here is no joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

College Slice
the trick is to have your first kid at 18 so you can be a grandparent by 44.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

College Slice

swickles posted:

Mostly a rather large booklet with detailed instructions, meeting places, and details on how information is conveyed in case of emergency. Also, some vouchers for free potassium iodide pills and coupons on things like emergency radios.

huh I grew up near San Onofre (my dad worked there) and I have no memories of anything like that

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

College Slice
https://twitter.com/espn/status/1744394234667417665

huh

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

College Slice
hippo birdy two ewes!

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

College Slice

a neat cape posted:

I really wish Chrono Trigger had found a way to involve the entire party with Lavos the way Kefka's tower did with the entire party

how are you playing? emulator? pixel remaster?

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

College Slice

nice, i picked those up a while back for the nes/snes games but need to get around to playing them again. I never beat 3 on the console itself, only on an emulator.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

College Slice

swickles posted:

Its 6 degrees, what the gently caress man

i'm going to northwest arkansas next month to visit the kid and granddaughter. he's been sending me pictures of the weather and snow they're getting now. i'm gonna freeze to death.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

College Slice

Air Skwirl posted:

I genuinely thought those were mostly used as "marital aids"

i guess maybe some of the attachments

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

College Slice

Forrest on Fire posted:

I'm a big red stripe after work person. One beer when I log off to help my brain transition to a different mental state.

I also use a lot of weed. So I think that any claim of moderation is moot.

weed got me off heavy drinking and onto heavy weeding, but i don't feel like poo poo in the morning so hooray!

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

College Slice
this website will get more from rg3 than any victim will get from dt45

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

College Slice

a sexual elk posted:

We got hooked on Dutch in Oregon for a destination wedding, they opened a few down the back of the mountain in SoCal and I swear we go to Apple Valley once a month so the wife can get her fix……that and getting yarn. I have so much yarn in my house

There are 2 of the damned things right across the street from each other less than a mile from my house.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

College Slice
why should i change my name he's the one who sucks

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

College Slice

FizFashizzle posted:

Tony Keith died.

Wild.

oh no!

anyway

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

College Slice

BlindSite posted:

Your guyses country is fuckin' up man.

Fix it.

we have port arthur massacres on the regular and shrug our shoulders

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

College Slice

Kalli posted:

The people being very conspicuous with Apple's headset in public tells me those sneakers will be popular with a very specific crowd of people who love being yelled at.

it's the same dumb cunts that festoon their cars and houses with flags and stickers and god knows what else just with more disposable income

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

College Slice

Qwijib0 posted:

sometimes kids are the worst and your 2 year old wakes up in a mood and the morning is on a downward spiral. And then your 6 year old disappears to her art table, then gives her sister a card and a hug and it's all worth it.

this is adorable.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

College Slice

LeeMajors posted:

I’ve got 12yrs so far, it isn’t impossible to post here and stay married.

my wife and i just hit 15, but i think i was already divorced by the time i registered an account here

e: nope, but only a few months away lol

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

College Slice

LET'S FUCKIN GO

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

College Slice

Air Skwirl posted:

Where's that tweet from the guy saying he thinks he would have survived the submarine implosion?

just built different

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

College Slice

Braksgirl posted:

We looked at cars yesterday and if I had 60k to drop on a car I would have gone home with an Ioniq 5. It was a cool rear end car.

my parents have an ioniq, it's rad as hell

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

College Slice

No Butt Stuff posted:

Local deliveries with a 300 mile range seems doable. Long haul trucking with a 300 mile range does not.

what's the usual daily range for long haul trucking?

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

College Slice

FizFashizzle posted:

We’re all gonna die of toxoplasmosis in our sixties.

isn't that the cat poop thing?

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

College Slice

Kalli posted:

yeah, I had 20 pages of posts in that thread, mcmagic had 140

good god

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

College Slice

Leperflesh posted:

I'm old, so I used to have an answering machine. You know, a tape recorder that answered the phone. For many, many years, I had the opening bit of O Fortuna from Carmina Burana as my message. No words, it just picks up the phone, plays this, and then the beep. The clip would be from 0:04 to 0:30 on this clip:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qATbf5-D8bU&t=4s

my ex and i had the chorus of "spiderwebs" by no doubt as our answering machine message for a bit, achieved by holding up a speaker near the machine to record it.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

College Slice

No Butt Stuff posted:

It’s almost like the inbred hillbillies with no real qualifications aren’t that smart

you'll have to be more specific

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

College Slice

swickles posted:

Wait five years and a systemic review of similar quality will say the dead opposite. This cycle happens every 3 or 4 years. It also seems to be highly individual as some people can have very strictly controlled diets and have very little change in serum cholesterol while others have drastically different results. Until you can start controlling studies based on genome, you won't have definitive answers.

One thing that you can control and have influence over is your sodium intake, which is what the "heart healthy" diets have really started to focus on. Lowering dietary sodium has a distinct effect on serum sodium. The issue is lowering it in the diet as that can be very difficult to do, and expensive as basically anything you consume has to be fresh.

thousands of years ago we were discovering how to preserve meat for long periods of time and also dooming humanity to cardiac issues

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

College Slice

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Those seem drastically different to me. Maybe marriage is a better comparison? Why the gently caress would you ever stay in a lovely job lol

gotta remember that gd's feeling for the bosses here as well as the workers so it's probably harder on them or some poo poo idk

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

College Slice

Silly Burrito posted:

Modern medicine really is a miracle when you think about it. Braks went in for gall bladder removal surgery today. We got to the hospital at 5AM, she was wheeled back for surgery at 7, she was done at 8, in recovery at 9, and we're back at home at 11. That's almost slightly insane how fast that was.

my dad had to have a stent put in last month after another heart attack, he was stented within 2 hours from calling 911 and released home the next day. poo poo is wild.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

College Slice

Silly Burrito posted:

Will do. If nothing else I can try to fart myself to show her how it's done. :)

attaboy

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

College Slice

Braksgirl posted:

Thanks for the fart update, babe. I'm sure everyone was on tenterhooks just waiting for the news.

The Football Funhouse Chat Thread of 2024: Thanks for the fart update, babe.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

College Slice

swickles posted:

Knowing him he was probably farting during surgery. Dude is a gas blower.

thanks for the fart update, babe

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

College Slice
we had a bunch of rain here the past couple of days and it claimed the life of a stray cat we'd been feeding occasionally. :( i hate everything

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

College Slice

a new contender approaches

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

College Slice

a sexual elk posted:

2 best Satans are #2 Ray Wise in Reaper (loving underrated) and #1 Peter Stormare in Constantine

Floating down in a white suit while dripping poison from his feet was so badass

ray wise in reaper was so goddamned good

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

College Slice

Joey Freshwater posted:

OJ gave us the Karsashians. I hope he burns in hell.

inshallah

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

College Slice

Braksgirl posted:

Another douchemobile, this time spotted in the Taco Bell drive thru.

"we the people" are the whiniest little shits

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

College Slice

Ornery and Hornery posted:

It’s one of those movies that I watched as a kid on tnt/tbs in pieces. Never got to enjoy sitting down and watching in one unabridged chunk.

Big lol at Baldwin doing the “Bruce Willis talking to himself in die hard” bit, while crawling through a nuclear submarine.

"yea, like me. I don't react well to bullets."

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

College Slice

LeeMajors posted:

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/04/18/us/greenville-real-estate-conservatives.html?unlocked_article_code=1.lU0.OXIK.mj0xEhxMncjZ&smid=url-share

As if red states weren’t lovely enough we’ve got conservative real estate companies importing room-temp IQ smallpox blankets and eating up our affordable housing.

Every few years the wife and I (a Furman grad) consider moving up to Greenville because it is Really Pretty Up There, but then we remember BJU and the ten million megachurches. This article reinforces our trepidation.

amazing how much the times and whatnot can simp for conservatives and yet the gop will still empty their brainpan saying they're biased against them.

as always, i hate everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

College Slice

a sexual elk posted:

Also thinking of a decoration for the middle of the small garden. Powered waterfalls and bird baths are lame, so I’m leaning a simple cairn straight outta rear end creed.

Start hunting big flat rocks

a while back i was doing a walk on the trail near my house and saw a couple cairns put together. was pretty cool.