Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

fartknocker posted:

gently caress the Cowboys

An evergreen post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

seiferguy posted:

Happy New Year, goons. Spent my NYE in Vegas, saw John Oliver and Seth Myers live (Oliver is the better stand up for sure) then watched fireworks on the strip, only for us to shuffle off single file to our hotels.

Who knows what this year's surprises will bring.

Man I’ll bet that was a good show.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Braksgirl posted:

Oh that reminds me that SB's birthday is next week. I should buy him a card.

That card will work. :wink:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

hello

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
My posts are handcrafted artisanal words of wisdom. You can’t rush this quality.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

I. M. Gei posted:

My grocery store started selling head-on shrimp and I'm gonna buy some and make some good rear end gumbo. Possibly with crawfish meat added.

I’ve never had rear end gumbo

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Smoking Crow posted:

is it ok if i post here

post away friend

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

a sexual elk posted:

Got any duck dick gifs?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Smoking Crow posted:

thanks, i just got back into football this season w/ the lions after 15 years of not watching

I obviously root for the Saints but drat if I'm not hoping the Lions go really far this year.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Smoking Crow posted:

do any of you play fighting games? my friends are trying to get me back into granblue vs rising. i played original granblue back when it was new, but i thought it was the most average fighter on the market

I used to be big into SF2 and MK, and I still enjoy playing them, but I just don’t keep up with each new variant. Gimme some MK2 and I’ll have a grand old time.

a sexual elk posted:

Sorry I missed you in last nights drunk soppy poo poo but you and Brax seem like super cool parents, I had mine late (7 and 3 now at 38) but I really enjoy you guys’ family posting. Me and the wife come from homes where our parents split early in our lives so we’re just kinda figuring it out as we go along. You two give me a goal I want to achieve

Thanks, I really appreciate that! But trust me, we’re just trying to figure it all out too. Just love your kids, even when they make you want to tear your hair out. And when you make mistakes, don’t be afraid to admit it. Hell, we all make them every day.

My oldest is heading into college this year, so we’re reliving all the FAFSA fun of the 90s, except this time it’s all digital and online! To give her credit, she’s been diligent about keeping on top of it.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
I will say that my daughter’s friend got pregnant and had a kid at 15 or 16. I understand feeling old as a parent but having a kid that young in today’s times blows my mind. I don’t know how she does it.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

kiimo posted:

I wouldn't want to procreate with Kentuckians either

Been there, done that, I highly recommend it. Of course, my sample size is 1.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Smoking Crow posted:

I'm 30 and I get a lot of poo poo from my parents for not having kids yet

Please don't let anyone pressure you into doing this if you don't want to. One of the things we vowed was that we would never ask someone "SO WHENARRYA HAVIN KIDS" because we got so sick of hearing it at our old church. If you want them, great! If you don't, then absolutely not. We had ours at 27, but just looking at the different life experiences in this thread alone, have them when you're ready to have them (if you want them at all).

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Smoking Crow posted:

posters of tff i come to you with a problem: a football e/n

so my dad is a huge steelers fan. he loves the steelers. i would talk to him about the steelers before but not in any detail since i quit watching football like ~10 years ago. now that i've gotten fully back into it with this lions team, i've been talking to him more and more about football bc it's something that we can talk about and not have it go into angry shouting or whatever. except that he won't shut up about how much he wants mike tomlin fired. every game he tells me about how this is the one where tomlin loses and finally gets canned. he begs and pleads for the steelers to lose so he can have a losing season and get fired. he tells me about how he wants tj watt to be traded to a better team so he can be rewarded with a super bowl that he will never get in pittsburgh under mike t

what do i do? how do i convince him that losing tomlin won't make your qb room any better? how do i get him to talk about literally anything else about the steelers except mike tomlin jesus christ

Buy him an account and tell him to pick an NFCS team. Any team. He'll be running back to Pittsburgh so fast.

Any one of our teams would take Tomlin in a second.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

seiferguy posted:

Man, I'm looking at going to Houston for the CFB championship, and it's at least $850+fees for the ticket, and pretty much all direct flights to Houston from Seattle are sold out unless I buy first class so I'd probably have to fly to Austin or Dallas and drive it. Then hotel...

If they win, you won't care about any of that at all.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

seiferguy posted:

Hotel seems the least expensive (I could use airline miles of which I have an excess amount of), the biggest deterrent is having to fly to a nearby airport and driving it. No friends / family want to do it so it'd probably be a solo thing and yeah, not feeling that.

You said all direct flights are sold out...why not a 1 stop flight?

Silly Burrito fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Jan 5, 2024

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

seiferguy posted:

I thought about that, it'd probably be easier to just fly into Austin or Dallas and just roadtrip it :)

If you really don't care about driving, you can also look at Lake Charles, Lafayette, Baton Rouge or even New Orleans as possible airports too. Personally I'd rather just make a 1 or 2 stop flight, but hey you do you. Come by close to my area, and I'll treat you to some pepperjack boudin balls at Billy's. :)

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Her response to a school shooting.

It’s never the guns.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
New one for me today, I’m sitting downstairs at Brak’s work, waiting for her to get done so we can catch our flight, and someone comes in with a live baby pelican in a ream of paper box. I guess it’s wounded? They’re calling LSU, and putting rocks on this box to keep him from leaving.

When they lift the box lid, the pelican is pecking to get out, I say let him out but I’m just a visitor here. :shrug:

Silly Burrito fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Jan 5, 2024

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Bird in a Blender posted:

Time to go get a fish and really reek some havoc.

I wonder if pelicans eat fried fish because just down the road…..

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Although I probably would buy a Jose Alvarado New Orleans Woodcocks jersey.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Stayed up all night with 18-year-old Braks at her dad’s house in Lexington, left around 6am, drove 832.3 miles straight with only a 10 minute rest stop (I was stupid), got home at 6:55 pm, made the family church portrait appointment at 7pm, went home and collapsed.

Worth it.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

a sexual elk posted:

/whip noise

E: the family pic I mean

Either one works I guess. :)

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Pain of Ribs

Hope you heal soon!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Hey A Sexual Elk, thought of you today at Disney

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Thanks everyone! Not quite 97, but only four years to go before I can join AARP. 😄

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

LeeMajors posted:

Happy birthday SB, may your tigahs fall to the gators in the CWS once again, but all else should go swimmingly!

1-1, let’s play a third CWS and see!

Neil Armbong posted:

Happy birthday SB! You and my wife share birthdays!

Happy birthday to Mrs. Armbong!

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

HBD SB, enjoy the bday nookie

Oh I’m sprinkling rose petals all over the house. 😁

Silly Burrito fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Jan 9, 2024

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Thanks again, all of y’all are the best. I freakin love TFF. :glomp:

Air Skwirl posted:

Happy birthday SB, it's also mine, and Richard Nixon's. It was my cousin's yesterday. He gets to share it with Elvis.

Happy birthday Air Skwirl!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Android Apocalypse posted:

Made from leftover pulled pork, roasted cauliflower rice, avocado, cheese, and some pork rinds. The Newks dill pickle hot sauce was a nice add-on.

Also HBD Air Skwirl, Neil Armbong's wife, and the late Richard Nixon.

drat, you always post some good looking food. :)

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

GD_American posted:

Happy Birthday SB, for your present I got you another year of Dennis Allen

you shouldn't have

no really

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Quiet Feet posted:

Speaking of birthday presents, did you ever get that pelican I sent you?

It was delicious, thank you!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

FizFashizzle posted:

Our favorite local lovely Italian joint does this thing where you get a golden envelope every time you dine in during the holidays. You come back during January and open it in front of the waiter and get like a free app or whatever.

Last night while we were there (BOGO entree) someone started screaming because they won a car. Couple in their fifties or so. The restaurant owner happened to be there and brought out the title for them.

1996 Honda civic with 400k miles lmao

Better than a Toy Yoda I guess.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Nick Saban is retiring. Holy poo poo.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Some dude who won a chip with LSU a long time ago

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

LeeMajors posted:

Best ever. Goddamn.

Wonder who they call on? Dabo?

That would be my guess. Either him or Lane.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

No Butt Stuff posted:

My friend keeps trying to get me to buy tickets to the playoff game this weekend and I cannot think of new ways to say “absofuckinglutely not”.

1 degree rear end game. gently caress you, I’m gonna be home with a fire.

bring the fire to the game

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I made someone mad, I guess.

I thought you were Handsome Ralph.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

seiferguy posted:

I finally got TSA Precheck, and I gotta say, I'm unreasonably excited to have to spend less time in lines at airports going forward.

You’ll be so glad you spent $89 to save so much hassle.

Mine is coming up for renewal this year.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
It's getting cold around here but I've heard other places have had two feet of snow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

CannonFodder posted:

When you showed this to your kids (because I KNOW you did, that's a solid :dadjoke: ) how did they react?

One of these is Braks.