Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

happy new year everyone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I hook up car batteries directly to my balls and computers. It's the only way to be sure.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

this is the one you want

Seattle -> Austin roundtrip, arrive Saturday and get home Monday night. Should be enough time to drive from Austin as well. It's about a 3 hour drive to Houston from Austin so you won't have to rush your trip at all.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Dango Bango posted:

The NC game is Monday night

Saturday through Wednesday to OKC on Southwest is around $400. Three hour drive to Arlington.

Lol oops. Here I am trying to be helpful and I miss the entire purpose of the trip haha

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Coffee with a shot of Kahlua and shot of Bailey's is my new travel go to. +Whiskey too if I'm feeling really lovely.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

We watched The Menu the other night at my friend's house and then ate cheeseburgers and s'mores for dinner. we relished it.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Android Apocalypse posted:

Huh Showtime on Xfinity is rebranded Paramount+ and they're showing the Halo show.

don't watch it

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Happy birthday SB! Definitely my favorite baba

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

a sexual elk posted:

Me and my younger brother have the same Bday but 4 years apart, man that sucked growing up haha. Half the gifts every year.

I'm a month apart from my younger brother and my dad would get us the same gift for Christmas and our birthdays every year so we wouldn't fight over the Legos or Nerf or whatever it was that year.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

David Schwimmer making that "I can't believe Rachel isn't with me" face works surprisingly well when the Company sees him again the second time.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Austin is too cool to deserve Florida drivers. My condolences.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Silly Burrito posted:

Nick Saban is retiring. Holy poo poo.

Who's that

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Silly Burrito posted:

Some dude who won a chip with LSU a long time ago

Oh I didn't realize he was a coach. Reading more on him, seems like the end of an era?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I. M. Gei posted:

I wish Burger King would bring back those Back Porch Griller burgers from like 20 years ago. That poo poo was good as gently caress.

I thought you were like 19

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

I'm awaiting delivery+assembly of my new bed. Should I consider tipping the delivery team? It's currently -27°F (RealFeel -38°F) in Calgary. In Celsius that's -33/-39.

Yes, I doubt they are getting hazard pay.

a sexual elk posted:

Last time I had a plumber out I tipped his apprentice with edible gummies haha

My man!

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I always provide beer, soda, water, and pizza for anyone working on my house or yard

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I got Clear thru my company and I'm gonna get Global Entry later this month. Going to Toronto that one time taught me a valuable lesson about waiting in long rear end, slow moving lines...

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

kiimo posted:

My 40 minute flight from Vegas to Burbank was canceled and replaced by a 4 hour and 30 minute winding trip through Utah this is fun

Sorry man. That's always the worst.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Got a job interview for a Customer Success Manager position with an Australian tech company. It's remote work too. I don't hate my current job but I'm applying on the off chance the office Christmas parties are mandatory events in Australia....

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Neil Armbong posted:

Atlassian? Have only heard good things about working there from colleagues.

Neara, actually. Glassdoor gave mixed reviews but I'm willing to take the chance for more opportunities. Kind of feel like I hit a wall at work, career-wise.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Ether Frenzy posted:

The 51 rows symbolize the 51 years they've never made it to The Finals.

Yet, somehow, Los Angeles still survives. :iiam:

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Ross, I hope you figure it out. If there's a dream or something you feel you gotta reach for, go for it. Jump, take the leap! It's all an adventure and not everyone has a Ring and an old hippy to give them a push.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

I used to work for an Australian based insurance company and had the promise of going to visit our remote folks in Australia and England. Every time the opportunity came up they sent my boss and boss's boss instead. When I finally became The Boss and the chance came up they ... Sent my boss and the boss's boss.

It was bullshit. Never got to travel anywhere except for an offer to go to Atlanta in the middle of the summer to babysit a junior developer. He quit before the flight got booked.

Honestly what made me look around at all was my boss said I wasn't going to Geo-Week this year (best work event of the year by far) because they wanted to send the entire sales team. We've usually done a 60/40 sales/tech split but this year it's all hands on Sales. Kind of a bummer. Especially since I'm technically a hybrid role.

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I thought you did gis???

Congratulations!

I do! This position has "(GIS)" in the title, lol. I think I'd be helping new clients learn an electric utility GIS/CAD program, among other tasks. But it's basically what I do now with more tech and more pay and more Australians.

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Jan 17, 2024

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Well my friend at HPE just talked me into applying to a Program Manager role at his company so I guess I'm just applying to all jobs now

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I hate that kind of poo poo!!! Gahhhh gently caress that manager.

What’s the level of difficulty of transferring to a different team/department?

How’s your industry looking? Stable enough that getting into a different company should be relatively accessible?

I keep seeing headlines about some tech companies slowing down hiring but idk if that’s true or just clickbaity headlines. Other industries like accounting, oil&gas, insurance, etc., seem to be doing alright.

The secret is to get into the start up life. They are always dumb enough to be hiring because Capital XYZ Injection is at 5000% or whatever the bullshit is that day.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

a sexual elk posted:

Size comparison

https://imgur.com/a/y2wR6qi

I need to clean that glass

that's definitely not a hot dog in a hallway

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I like it when one of my dogs burrows under the blankets then decides it's too hot so he crawls around in circles looking for an exit like a rat in a maze. Little does he know I close off his avenues of escape to keep the charade going!!

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Abugadu posted:

Performance plans and self-reviews an all that poo poo are the best use of AI. Or at least rampant plagiarism.

"I do not understand what love is, but I know what it feels like."

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Interview felt good and I think it went well.

The recruiter said there's a trip to Australia involved for onboarding.

WISH ME LUCK LADIES AND GENTLEMANS

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

wandler20 posted:

These new Marvel movies are getting weird.

Thanos was right.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

RG3ESPN posted:

I spent my ten bucks. So i get my stupid paragraph...

What the gently caress do you all want in this world before you die? Most of you have uhhh what 20-30 years left to die on this rock?

And before you come at me. I don't know loving know either....

Everyone here should be grateful that you made it this far in life and you're not in the loving system. ( Tulip I love your cats/ vibes)

A lot of you posters get it. Some yeah. Have a good weekend.

Also come on Trump Is def winning 2024. Just lol.

i just want an artisanal burrito and a consenting adult to eat it with

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

So I did an experiment and went off my Vraylar for 2 weeks just to see how I would handle myself. I felt good and more active, like I wasn't being subdued mentally (also I ate less). But I noticed I was also more prone to spending and mood switches but nothing extreme happened thankfully. I'm scared to bring this up with my shrink (though I know I should) because she'll probably get mad at me, but I feel like this is a sign I need to rejigger my dose or supplement my meds somehow. I don't know. Bipolar is weird. I might have just been in a good mood by default and just got lucky nothing bad happened in my life to spiral me. gently caress. It's hard to explain but I feel like the Vraylar, as useful as it seems to be at stopping manic episodes, leaves a slightly gray shade over my life.

Sorry just ranting. This isn't something I feel comfortable talking about in real life yet.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Leperflesh posted:

I'm not your shrink but every family member I've had who has had therapy has used "they will be mad at me" as an excuse to not tell their shrink something and it is always, always excuse-making and not a legitimate reason.

If you're literally scared of your shrink being mad because they actually get mad at you, you need a new shrink. You should not be doing or not doing things based on your shrink's feelings or moods. They're there to help you. They can't help you if you're not honest with them. Being honest about the things you did is the only way you can get good advice. You must trust your shrink well enough to be honest so you can get good advice.

I should have mentioned that she's my new shrink. The one I've been seeing previously for years is no longer in-network so I find myself having to build trust from scratch all over again. But I do think you're right. It helps to hear it from someone else. Thank you.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Yeah you are all very right. I am being a wuss. I set up an appointment for next Tuesday to discuss this specifically. Thanks for the push and support!@

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Donated some platelets and now it's time for spicy Korean tofu soup on this fine rainy day

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

AA earned his wings a long time ago so the TSA lets him do what he wants

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

What, you guys don't fly around on a private jet with a fully stocked bar?? Is this America????

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

https://www.seriouseats.com/channa-masala-recipe

Gonna try this recipe as my first attempt at curry this week. I'm gonna use store bought garam masala. Very excited to try my hand at this because I loooove Indian food but it's so pricey around here.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

seiferguy posted:

Wife and I decided to go bougie and got ourselves the Amex Platinum card. Free access to lounges in most airports, $240 credit for Disney+, Walmart+ subscription, plus several other things. Basically I'll use it for all restaurants and hotels for when I travel for work.

One thing is a CLEAR subscription. I already have Precheck but maybe I can use both? :shrug:

Some large airports have a CLEAR Precheck line.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Freaquency posted:

No pineapples, no onions, no pork chops… your palate is all hosed up

Pineapple onion porkchop sounds like a tropical delight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

kiimo posted:

I have a bad habit of playing cards once a week and drinking a lot of vodka / soda / lime

hey it's low calorie! *drinks ten*

I used to go to this goon's house around Pasadena back during community college like once a week to play hold 'em and he had the most stocked booze cabinet I've ever seen outside of an actual bar. so many old fashioneds gone, like tears in the rain...

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Jan 23, 2024