Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Air Skwirl posted:

Oh for fucks sake, and I had a month long probation.

Android users, what podcast app do you use. I'm currently using Google's but they're gonna shut it down in April I figured I should start looking now so if I don't like one I can try another.

another vote for Podcast Addict
been using it for years & never had an issue
literally the only thing i wish it had was a web app so i could listen & keep track of my place in my podcasts while i'm loving around with my PC headphones on instead of having to toggle over to bluetooth on my phone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Joey Freshwater posted:

Speaking of deep freeze, we got one last week and it’s great. Bought a ton of meat from Costco and filled it up - mostly to be used to make food for the dogs but it’s also freed up a lot of space in our regular freezer.

If you have space to get one, do it, it’s worth it. We found a 7 cu. ft one at Best Buy for like $170 on sale.

please measure at least twice regarding "if you have space"
signed, this dipshit, who has a refrigerator stuck halfway down his basement stairs bc it's too heavy to drag back out and too big to get further down

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Joey Freshwater posted:

Oof that sucks. We have a huge crawl space that stays pretty constant temp regardless of how cold or hot it gets so we knew we had room.

It was also a chest freezer so.

So like…is the fridge literally stuck still? Please take pics.

i'll photograph my dumbassery next time i head into the kitchen but it's not that interesting to look at tbh, it isn't stuck like "wedged into a space" or "literally smashed into a wall" though we did come perilously close

it's on a landing between two sets of stairs downward, and the ~2 inches of clearance on 2 sides of it are not enough to fit any sort of tooling or manpower to muscle it in any particular direction. there's an exterior door leading to that landing that opens inward...or it would if there wasn't a refrigerator in the way
the only sides with any clearance are back up the stairs or the right hand turn down the rest of the stairs fully into the basement.

in either event the stairs are hilariously more steep than i remember them being, so even though i have a dolly it's completely useless. if i tried to get under it and bring it back upstairs the dolly needs to be deadlifted up every step bc the rise is bigger than the wheels (this is a no-go i do not know strong people), if i try to get under it and roll it downstairs the stair rise rears its ugly head once again & the drat refrigerator bounces its way down the stairs dragging whoever's on top along with it

and both of those theories are moot anyway because of the aforementioned clearance issues. i'm very tempted to just heave on the top of it and let it tip over & surf down the stairs and see what happens. with my luck it smashes through the stairs, crashes into the cement ground & starts leaking coolant everywhere (and it's this fear that has kept me from doing so, hence why it's still stuck)

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

poo poo i have covid again

my roommate is going to fuckin murder me

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Air Skwirl posted:

No idea what could cause voters, especially Republican voters, to just automatically assume everyone with dark skin is a foreign born Muslim.

https://x.com/aterkel/status/1745976055536508973?s=20

yeah Haley's the only one with a prayer, and that's out the window the second Trump gets in front of a microphone and uses her actual first name & says he 'doesn't care how she identifies, OK?'

high school chat: the only thing interesting that happened was we had a principal fired over winter break & the most liberal girl in the class rounded up everyone's email accounts (a big project in the early 2000s) and scheduled a schoolwide sit-in protest for the first day back, mainly to just get administration to tell us why our first-year well-liked principal got fired over holiday break
to this day we have no idea why he got fired, so i'm left to assume it was some creepy sex poo poo that nobody involved wanted to leak

that woman is now "famous" as a conservative talking head with several notoriously gross children

StupidSexyMothman fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Jan 13, 2024

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

this all reminds me that since i found my birth certificate i should get going on my passport/enhanced license/whatever since the lack of said certificate was the major hangup

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Joey Freshwater posted:

Anyone dealt with stick drift on your controllers? I have 2 for PS5 that have started drifting. I’ve read it could be just taking it apart and cleaning it could fix it - but not sure how difficult it is.

Or should I just toss them and get new ones.

late af on this but: if you feel comfortable opening them up & spraying either electrical contact cleaner or high-concentration isopropyl alcohol in the potentiometers of the offending sticks, you can buy some more usable time with them. that said once they start wearing to the point that conductive grit is causing drift they generally start re-drifting sooner & sooner. if you already have the tools on hand to do so the only real investment is the time it takes you to do it. whether that's valuable enough to warrant a new controller purchase for what....60, 70 dollars? is up to you

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Docjowles posted:

What is the point of the posts furthest out from the pool. They look like they wouldn’t even be holding weight and if they started to it wouldn’t last long. I mean that’s not even the top 5 most pressing question about Groverpool but still. There’s a lot of lols to unpack here.

$5 says they're outriggers hastily installed in situ when the entire platform started to tip over downhill mid-fill

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

kiimo posted:

um did people see this

https://twitter.com/BSO/status/1760434539178971248

high bid on his boxers is only 3 dollars get in on the ground floor

if i didn't have to pick up any winnings in Houston i would buy so much dumb poo poo
$200 for an espy? can't afford not to

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

cautiously optimistic for this

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Android Apocalypse posted:

Meal prepped some vegan soondubu jijgae for the week. This pic is obviously staged for the internet clout but I figured I wanted to share what it could look like.

The king oyster mushrooms & zucchini were scored & pan-seared separately, which in the end was purely for aesthetic reasons.

Now to eat the leftover vegan Irish "corned beef" while watching I, Tonya.

first glance i was trying to figure out why you had a bundle of zip ties in your food

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

looks pretty fuckin bad!