Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

Air Skwirl posted:

Android users, what podcast app do you use. I'm currently using Google's but they're gonna shut it down in April I figured I should start looking now so if I don't like one I can try another.

Podcast Addict

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
Hulu has Walker Texas Ranger in it's entirety now, and I might be enough of a sicko to dive in...

I also thought Oppenheimer combined the bomb development and commie pinko persecution storylines in a super clunky way that made it drag on, and it feels like they should have just picked one to focus on individually

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
It's snowing for the first time this season, and carrying on the tradition from last year, it's just heavy garbage slop

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

Android Apocalypse posted:

I missed out on The OC but I'm aware of its cultural impact at the time.

It's one of my guilty pleasures because it's so ridiculous and such a time capsule of that era

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
Yesterday we were forecasted to get 6-12" of snow, but instead it just rained all day and I had to shovel an inch of slush off my driveway

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
Woooo blizzard time! Hopefully the power stays on!

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
Things are cookin' in SE Wisconsin. We're getting like an inch per hour right now.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
First shoveling of the day finished (shovel gang.) I'll have to do it every few hours to prevent this neutron star-rear end snow from exploding my spine.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
I went to school with the groom from a very infamous episode of Bridezillas

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
Snow plows took out my mailbox last night :(

But I just got done shoveling the snow and now I just have to wait until all of the slop turns into ice because of the arctic blast!

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

swickles posted:

Does anyone have a generator for their house? I am thinking getting one mainly to power our furnace when power goes out so it doesn't get too cold here. Is it something I can hook up and configure myself, or do I need an electrician?

There's also whole house battery backup systems now that could be a decent option too. You'll need an electrician to install a transfer switch which prevents you from back feeding into the power grid.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
Honestly, it should probably be a shot of the Wicked Witch of the West's toes curling back up

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
I've been sober since right before COVID, which probably couldn't have been better timing, honestly.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
Speaking of cg, I watched Masters of the Air and I hate how the cg looks. Everything is tinted blue and fuzzy, the reflections are too perfect, and it just reminds me of the lovely end fight scene from Die Another Day.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
Mega sandwich?

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
I remember when Warcraft came out and it was nuts. If you kept clicking units they would say different stuff!

Man, it was so cool when computer games had huge technological leaps like every year :( When Duke Nukem 3D came out we lost our minds!

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
And now he just gets drunk and decides to rereg and drunk post and get banned immediately

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
It's a bummer we never got the Kubrick Napoleon doc

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
Putting a boot up Osama's rear end in the afterlife now

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

LeeMajors posted:

gently caress, taking calculus based physics in a condensed, online-only form factor may have been a mistake y’all. Just drowning in impostor syndrome while I’m just loving sweating through every homework, test and online lab.

Every class for an Engineering degree is basically going through a bunch of calculus to get a long list of equations that govern specific subjects. It sucked (I went to school full time while working full time), but the important part is building up your analytical approach to problem solving, which is way more important of a skill to show than a GPA literally no employer will look at.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
Gotta have the super secret non stick pan just for eggs

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
I've been in the zone at work all day because I found a sick funk playlist. Just dialed in designing castings to Funky President by James Brown and some Dazz Band.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
I get annoyed by gun humping bumper stickers since the US constitution was made effective in 1789, not 1776 :argh:

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
Lol if the company you work for did well enough financially to give you a yearly raise

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
Even better since just digging a relief in the hillside probably would have been less work

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Well this brought back some work memories.

Some forum memories as well. Some dude tried curing some meat and was asking if it was safe to eat even though it literally looked like a rotting foot or something.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
I knew an ER supervisor who told us a fun story about a patient who was an announcer at a monster truck rally and accidentally got run over during the show. Apparently he was projectile shooting fluid from his eyeballs multiple feet into the air.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

T-Square posted:

Like, right after he got run over, or later when he was in the ER?

At the ER. Madison people might remember the incident from like a decade ago.

The ER guy brought it up because he was so desensitized to seeing crazy poo poo at work and was unaffected in the heat of the moment, but if he cut his finger or something at home it would make him queasy.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
What the gently caress is up with this weather. We just had a line of tornado producing thunderstorms come through that are going to immediately be followed by snow.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

Big Oaf game on point

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
We always did the cutoff 2 liter bottle in a bucket of water

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
Nothing like sitting down to unwind on a Sunday evening and hearing a squirrel try to chew through your wall

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
I've always been fascinated by all the crazy nuclear tests the US has done. My favorite is the underground test done to free up natural gas deposits (yes, literal nuclear fracking) that worked exceptionally well. Then they realized it made the gas radioactive which made it useless.

And tangentially related, the rocket JPL tested that used straight up mercury as the fuel.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

Hot Diggity! posted:

It's wild how they've gotten and continue to get better since going the thrash route what... twenty years ago?

Today's Empires, Tomorrow's Ashes was definitely formative for me in highschool.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
Yeah, it's fun seeing a "copy link without site tracking" option in Firefox that weirdly isn't a thing in Chrome

I didn't even know that was a thing

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

Pron on VHS posted:

Like every other straight man in his late 30s or older, I remember it for one thing only

Yeah, that monitor setup was wild

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

Thaddius the Large posted:

New Road House was pretty bad.

Yeah. My biggest gripe was the lack of any monster trucks.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
Anyone here a shopping cart puller instead of pusher at the grocery store? I just don't get it.

I went on my grocery run this week and the store had all brand new carts with pistol grip handles on the ends of the normal handle. I don't get that either.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
Ow, my eyes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

FizFashizzle posted:

History has vindicated this choice: Metallica is the least metal band to have ever existed.

No, they were just done with the good stuff when the bus was dropped on Cliff