Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

hi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

is it ok if i post here

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Silly Burrito posted:

post away friend

thanks, i just got back into football this season w/ the lions after 15 years of not watching

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Silly Burrito posted:

I obviously root for the Saints but drat if I'm not hoping the Lions go really far this year.

yeah i come from a family of crazy steelers fans so it was a bit of a shock to them

i got a lions shirt for christmas from my dad so i think they've accepted my sinful and aberrant ways

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

do any of you play fighting games? my friends are trying to get me back into granblue vs rising. i played original granblue back when it was new, but i thought it was the most average fighter on the market

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Silly Burrito posted:

I used to be big into SF2 and MK, and I still enjoy playing them, but I just don’t keep up with each new variant. Gimme some MK2 and I’ll have a grand old time.

Thanks, I really appreciate that! But trust me, we’re just trying to figure it all out too. Just love your kids, even when they make you want to tear your hair out. And when you make mistakes, don’t be afraid to admit it. Hell, we all make them every day.

My oldest is heading into college this year, so we’re reliving all the FAFSA fun of the 90s, except this time it’s all digital and online! To give her credit, she’s been diligent about keeping on top of it.

That's cool I go to tournaments for SF2. I'm bad compared to the top players in the country but I'm alright

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

That said, the difference in skill between top players in fgs and ppl like me are night and day

Like the difference between high school prospects and NFL players

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

I'm 30 and I get a lot of poo poo from my parents for not having kids yet

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Silly Burrito posted:

Please don't let anyone pressure you into doing this if you don't want to. One of the things we vowed was that we would never ask someone "SO WHENARRYA HAVIN KIDS" because we got so sick of hearing it at our old church. If you want them, great! If you don't, then absolutely not. We had ours at 27, but just looking at the different life experiences in this thread alone, have them when you're ready to have them (if you want them at all).

Thanks, I also get poo poo about not being married

"Your grandpa isn't gonna live forever you know" and all that

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

im so sleepy, i got really hype watching the texas/washington game and stayed up a long time

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Called off work today bc I have a doctor's appointment

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

posters of tff i come to you with a problem: a football e/n

so my dad is a huge steelers fan. he loves the steelers. i would talk to him about the steelers before but not in any detail since i quit watching football like ~10 years ago. now that i've gotten fully back into it with this lions team, i've been talking to him more and more about football bc it's something that we can talk about and not have it go into angry shouting or whatever. except that he won't shut up about how much he wants mike tomlin fired. every game he tells me about how this is the one where tomlin loses and finally gets canned. he begs and pleads for the steelers to lose so he can have a losing season and get fired. he tells me about how he wants tj watt to be traded to a better team so he can be rewarded with a super bowl that he will never get in pittsburgh under mike t

what do i do? how do i convince him that losing tomlin won't make your qb room any better? how do i get him to talk about literally anything else about the steelers except mike tomlin jesus christ

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Nervous posted:

He crawled under the entire length of the blanket to try and ambush his brother :3:

great kids a+

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Coco13 posted:

Also, if he's ok with any success Tomlin has after being fired, since a coach in his early 50s that won a Super Bowl will immediately be hired.

Yeah I was thinking that the bears and chargers would be pretty good with Tomlin

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

I did Ohio to Austin, TX and by the end of it I wanted to strangle the 3 other guys in my car

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

ppl of tff i bring to you another football e/n:

i was talking to my brother in law about football which is a terrible idea bc he thinks he knows way more than he does. anyway, out of nowhere he tells me "you know nfl players piss on themselves all the time? in the huddle they piss on themselves." and i'm like what are you talking about so he comes back with "no you don't understand they can't use the bathroom on the field so they just piss in their pants and it keeps them warm in cold games" and i just stared at him

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Dr_Strangelove posted:

He heard about Mark Schlereth and thinks that’s everyone

why did he bring up piss out of the blue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

a sexual elk posted: