Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I've been close to my 2024 goal of getting all 4 cats to cuddle with me at the same time but alas, one will always jump off or move away when the final cat gets close. I'm also making slow cooker pulled pork and I've got another 2 hours before it's done but my house smells great and I'm hungry now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

I post in bursts and then get quiet. It's just how I've always been on the internet, even back in the old rear end days of LiveJournal communties and other forums.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

For me the biggest reason live action One Piece works so well because they did some fantastic casting. Inaki Godoy's Luffy is just so, so, so good and has great chemistry with everyone so the ultra stupid and cheesy stuff comes off so much better than it had the right to. Still creeped out by the denden mushi tho.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Air Skwirl posted:

Is One Piece getting a second season do we know. Cowboy Bebop had issues but I still wish they got a second one and I think One Piece was better.

It is, season 2 got greenlit incredibly fast.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

My parents had me at 17 and then my mom had my baby sister at 38, so it's a fun age gap to explain.

I both do and don't want to be back to work today. I'm caught up since I checked all my emails last night but short weeks get weird, especially after the holidays.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

I am very on the fence about kids and spend plenty of time being fun aunty for my friends kids and select family members. My partner's also pretty meh about the idea but I can also see myself changing my mind and being an old lady mom. I've swung back and forth on this for as long as people have been asking me about kids but I pretty firmly land on the "if I'm not 100% yes, I'm not having a kid" square regardless. I can't lie, work plus a bunch of personal life stuff have definitely influenced my choices here significantly.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

It'll be tough when my foster cats can go back home since they have become my bed time snuggle buddies. My girlfriend is annoyed since they'll sleep with me but not her but she death rolls in her sleep everytime she forgets her CPAP and a good chunk of the time with it on anyway.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

If my tuxie foster girl didn't insist on sleeping in her cat tree I'd be halfway to my 2024 goals.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Got my adderal today and will start tomorrow. I also just found ou ER is on Hulu so I'm starting psuedo-rewatch since I kinda remember watching various parts at different times. That show had a stacked cast.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Timby posted:

It had a stacked cast, but holy God did it go off the rails in ridiculous fashion after Anthony Edwards left at the end of season 8. The show's zombie corpse staggered around for seven more seasons after that, which boggles my mind.

I didn't expect the pilot episode to go so hard or for William H Macy to pop up. I did catch some episodes of later season ER but I what remember watching off the top of my head is the episode where Carol has her babies as a kid with my grandma who passed because she loved ER. She was a hospital admin for a long time before becoming a trauma then GI cancer nurse. My sister in law also sent me a clip from an episode where a CPS worker gets shot by a dad earlier this week so that's what sparked my interested.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Trainings over teams suck. Which is I agreed to do in-person training on a complicated but not complicated proccess for like 15 people next week and I'm kind of kicking myself just a little bit. Hubris!

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Because of my my first named is spelled I constantly get called other popular 80s girls names that start with the same letter. A friend of mine works in an office where 4 people have her first name and someone's last name differs only at the ending (think Michael vs Michaels).

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

I've done Seattle to Tijuana but it was a surly teen so I hated all of it.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

My train is delayed and I am annoyed. I even got here really early.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Lmao a disabled freight train north of Salem sent my train back to Portland so now I'm sitting in a bar waiting for my brother to pick me up in Oregon City per his request. Next time I'm gonna set up a trip to Oregon Zoo.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

Aiden Gillen's accent in The Wire is so much better than whatever the gently caress he was going for in Game Of Thrones, though that may have been the point

Aiden Gillen will always be Stuart from the original UK version of Queer As Folk to me so seeing him in The Wire or Game of Thrones throws me off. Same with Charlie Hunnam and Sons of Anarchy.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

I need to get the tuxie girl cat I'm fostering in to a vet to get spayed sooner rather than later. She's in heat now and I didn't realize how frustraiting it is for everyone since she randomly bursts out with weird loud meows and trills and keeps bugging the other cats by getting way in their space. All the other cats are fixed and they're all indoor only so there's not a big risk of an accidental litter but poor girl is not comfortable.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Congrats and condolences for your future.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

RuPaul's Drag Race is back so my Friday is great again.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

My cat food order won't get in until next week so I gotta remember to grab some when I get my "oh poo poo, weather is happening" groceries tonight. It'll be great soup and stew weather at least and we've got a generator just in case so I'm not super worried, jusr annoyed.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Happy Birthday SB! Have a great day and let us all enjoy the sicko magic of the wild card games this weekend in celebration.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

My grandma and her younger brother also have the same birthday 2 or 3 years apart. Their parents did joint birthdays for them until my great uncle was in high school since it was just easier. Some years it got comboed with Thanksgiving because their birthday is in that part of November where there's a always a threat your birthday will coincide with dealing with your worst drunken family.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Ughhhhhhh my dad apparently has a 10 year old DUI warrant out of Oregon. Yes he's known about it, yes he knows how to fix it, and yes he's had contact with cops in that time frame and wasn't arrested or extradited. I found this out because he originally said he'd go to Hawaii with my grandma to help her out since she can't really walk anymore but then changed his mind the night before because he didn't want to risk getting arrested. It's infuriating because I could have gone instead but it's so last minute and we're so swamped that I can't get 2 weeks off in a row until probably March now.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Intruder posted:

Is he at least going to take care of it now

He says he will because he feels bad about ruining my grandma's first vacation in like 5 years but I'm 99% sure he'll forget or decide to spend his time and money elsewhere. Dad did suggest his ex-wife's ex-husband could go instead but Nanna didn't really want a convicted murderer (I can't remember if he killed one or two people) who just got out of prison last year to help her.

It's too cold and we didn't any snow where I'm at. If it's going to be freezing at least give me that.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

You can tell it's cold cause I got 3 out of 4 cats on my lap and tolerating each other.

Intruder posted:

His ex-wife's ex-husband? Am I crazy or is that a weird offer even without the other stuff which I won't pry into at all

I'd say bug him about it every few days but I'm sure you've thought of that already

Oh no, it weirded out everyone except my dad and maybe that ex-husband but I don't know, never met the guy. The only murderer my dad knows that I've ever met was friend and roommate of his who killed 3 people in the late 80s.

It jusr increadibly frustraiting to routinely get called in to try and basically case manage my dad. At least I got paid to have people call me oval office when handling their case when I was doing field work.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Grittybeard posted:

I enjoy that this implies your dad knows murderers who you have not met.

Unless you count suicides I do not think I have ever met a murderer. I was aware of someone who killed his wife vaguely, but I never met the guy, just knew people who knew him.

I know he also vaguely knew Gary Ridgway because he knew his kid but thats it. I don't count work so I've only ever met one murder but work bumps that count up to 5.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

ozymandius1024 posted:

I don't think anyone is going to beat knowing a serial killer :lol:

Techincally he knows two since his actual friend who killed 3 people gets classed as a serial killer. Dude owed my dad 3k when he got caught and dad is still bitter about it. So I think dad's total murderer count is 3 once we throw in his ex-wife's ex.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

My gf went to high school with Nate Robinson and carries a high school grudge against him forever.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

I'm watching the upstairs dogs this weekend since roommate is out of town and the door took a bit to get open this so they coukd go out and pee. It's cold as balls out and makes me wish we could just litter box train dogs.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Basement apartments are cold and I always forget this fact. We have a heat dish space heater and as soon as the cats get off me I'm turning it on. My feet are so cold.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

I haven't had it but my hot take Costco opinion is that the pizza is mid. Fine but I'll choose most other pizza befofe it.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Hotdog with a berry or mocha smoothie is the pure land of Costco's food court. The churros are also acceptable.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

I'm good with just about all veggies except corn. I hate corn probably more than a reasonable human should.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Adorable and in need of all the pets.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Feels like I walked in on meeting I'm not supposed to be in.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Outlook is a piece of poo poo software and I hate it!

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

seiferguy posted:

The only software I hate with a passion is Adobe Creative Cloud. I just want to use Acrobat, bitch, why you keep logging me out every week and forcing a re-login??

Oh gently caress that too. I use it just about daily for work and it's so hit or miss on if it'll work the way I need it to. So many randomly "unreadable" docs that never get identified so I have to restart from scratch and check each doc individually to find a single wonky page. So much cursing at Outlook's save as pdf function also somehow causing that error.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

I work a lot and feel a real sense of purpose in what I do but I had just the worst burn out right around when my grandparents died. I had a bunch of "poo poo, I should have sold out and gotten a compsci degree" thoughts even though I know I'd be loving miserable in the tech industry and felt really unmoored for a bit. Getting back in to therapy helped a lot since I really need a safe space to work through my emotions and have accountability, plus the ADHD stuff finally getting flagged even if it took a while.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The grey fuzzy boy I'm fostering scratches me but it's because he gets in to VERY intense kneeding when he's comfy and purring. He's good about nail trims though. Our carpet is hella old, our couch is hella old and had a hole in before we had cats, and the rug is old so I'm not as picky about scratching. The cats are pretty good about using the scratch boards the posts on the cat trees but still get the couch sometimes.

The real issue is food. My fluffy residen boy is a fiend will absolutely push all the others off their bowls to get their food if humans don't intervene. I feed the two fosters in the bathroom and for a while he didn't realize there was food back there but now he knows and we have to shut the door to ensure Luna and Ashes get their breakfast/dinner and keep Katya from 2nd or 3rds. Katya will also bite, growl, amd scratch with treats and we can't givr churus because of that. I've had him since he was 5 weeks old and he's always been fed so I really am unsure where this level aggression came from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Oh I hit the episode of King of the Hill where Luanne moves out and got violent flashbacks to my roommate experiences.