Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
If you want kids you can never go wrong being rich

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Flu is definitely going around. I’ve been sick 2 days so far

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
US was good but it had so many stupid plot holes that kinda took me out of it. Fun horror movie at times though.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Uh guys did you not read his post? He was ordered to do it. He had no choice.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Air Skwirl posted:

I genuinely believe it's impossible to become a billionaire and continue to be a decent human being, like the steps an individual has to take to get to that point requires doing some deeply immoral things. So I wouldn't hold my breath on this.

Cuban seems to be in the news for good stuff at least. Saw in the news today he has contributed towards Cheap insulin + huge bonuses for all his maverick staff after selling the team, I guess. But you’re likely correct way more often than not

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
They’re idiots for getting married so stop complaining and watch this drive

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
At the risk of starting a weird debate - Costco chili is drat good!

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Oh their pizza kinda sucks imo. Chicken bake is gross. Hotdog or the strawberry sundae thing

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Oh they also have these little carrots - they’re full shape but smaller, and in three colors (yellow, purple, etc) and they’re absolutely delicious with basic steaming and salting

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Oh man! I love em. Baby mixed heirloom carrots

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Had to wear a windbreaker on the boat during my way home from dinner. Chilly indeed

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

a sexual elk posted:

Was the fur coat in the shop?

The windbreakers made from recycled oysters how DARE u

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

a neat cape posted:

I turned my heater on when it dropped below 60 tonight. Brrr.

Haha whenever I post my weather trolls I know you're right there with me

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Ornery and Hornery posted:

How many of you make $200k or more?

To IT goons, how much do you make and how much does IT pay? Most of the IT folks I know have a wide range of incomes and work titles that seem almost completely unrelated to the scope and difficulty of their work responsibilities.

When I was at either of my former corporate law gigs, pretty much everyone I dealt with in IT made over 200k each, from contractors to the in house.... god its been too long since I did Agile so I forgot their titles... Product Owners + Conductors?

Basically everyone involved made crazy money. Brokest dudes int he room were the Scrum Masters and they made mid 100s. Seemed like a really safe field to make a good living.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I’m always on call. I can easily not be but I need/enjoy money. Luckily I can always point to the courts for my pushback - not much I can do at 9:45 pm but hey, I’m here.

Ironically i quit the big jobs as corporate counsel because that works trash, and being able to fire clients is amazing.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Luckily they’re going back to the solo act

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Air Skwirl posted:

I forget how loving rich some of the people here are.

I don’t think anybody here is anything crazy level except d link.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Joey Freshwater posted:

I’m watching the last episode and it’s so bad.

A few episodes ago: “I like he’s a firefighter. They’re honorable and truthful” the dialogue is so bad

The dialogue is hilariously bad and thank you for reminding me of this exchange.

The “badass”quote of “ASSUMPTIONS KILL!!” Is so cringe but I keep. Watching. The. Stupid. Show. So I’m part of the problem.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Also after I watched it my stoner rear end switched over to a channel called COZI that played 24/7 Frasier so watch COZI. Frasier is so drat good

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
South Florida quotes are around 280-350 a square foot to build. It’s insane. INSANE

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
End game is easily #1 but seeing the original saw during college was really fun

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Yeah Jackass 1 and 2 were both truly epic college audience experiences. Hell even American Pie 2 in a packed theater was a great experience.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Absolute piece of poo poo move to change the law so he could stay. Man do I hate that dude

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Ether Frenzy posted:

If you mail your passport photo and the required paperwork to the department of state it takes like 3 weeks to get a passport. If you pay an expediter service $200 or something you can get it in 36 hours. I have no idea what an appointment is for.

These dates absolutely do not lineup with my current reality wtf

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Season 1 was the best season of TV I’ve seen in a long time. That long shot of Matty M walking through the drug den / biker gang hideout undercover was insane

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Joey Freshwater posted:

Another show that was hit by this was Altered Carbon.

Season 1 was so, so good. Season 2 was so bad it got the whole thing canceled

Yeah it seems if Anthony Mackie gets involved in your projects sequel / followup, it’s going to suck bad

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

swickles posted:

I haven't seen it yet but I have heard the Twisted Metal adaptation is pretty fun.

I couldn’t get beyond 4 episodes and forgot to keep watching but it was decent popcorn nonsense. The Brooklyn 99 chick was pretty good too!

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Jesus Biden’s getting worse and worse. What’re they doing. How woefully incompetent.. and woefully depressing. Ugh gently caress

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Freaquency posted:

e: like I’m not happy that our best hope is an octogenarian but people act like he’s clearly on deaths door instead of a guy who’s had a lifelong speech impediment

Ah you’re part of the problem

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Freaquency posted:

These people don’t just spring from the loving ether, you have to actually have quality candidates at local and state levels to have a chance in hell of getting what you want.

Lot of good it’ll do to support local candidates (which I do anyway) when the democrat overloads decide to roll with Biden anyway because “it’s just a speech impediment!”

Edit

Neil Armbong posted:

I think the DNC not actively working against progressives would be a start. They can't weed out good candidates that are a scooch further left than they'd like to uplift empty suits like mayor pete and gavin loving newsom. The national and state parties are 100% responsible for their bench lacking quality candidates.

This nailed it, imo

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Jan 26, 2024

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Freaquency posted:

I agreed with you until you edited this to be snarkier, and the speech impediment thing is a dumb and lazy response to things that are a reasonable concern so I’ll own that. I’m not happy that he’s the candidate either. I’m also bringing feelings I have about other online spaces that seem to treat his less-than-stellar health with a sort of sick glee, so I’m overreacting when it’s brought up here.

Okay that’s more fair. I’ve just run into too many “actually Biden and Kamala are two of the best leaders we’ve EVER had” rhetoric and I got trigger happy. Me scuzi

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Leperflesh posted:

A second trump presidency validates openly attempting a coup, and could be the last time we elect anyone for anything. I'm sufficiently convinced that that's a nonzero risk with Trump (like, maybe not a "high likelihood" but I actually think it's on the table, if you'd asked me six years ago I'd have said lol no way) that it's Biden 100%. I genuinely don't care that Biden's brain is melting, because as toxic and ineffectual and lame and even genocide-supporting as the democratic party is, it's not actively attempting to turn american democracy into russian-style strong man eternal "elected" dictatorship.

I've never been a member of the democratic party and I'll vote for someone else in the primary (I just sent in my "please let me vote in the dem primary this year even though I'm not a registered dem" card) but biden will be the nominee and I'll vote for him and encourage everyone else to as well. It's less of a vote for biden or even a vote against trump, and more of a vote for getting to keep voting in the future.

e. inflation is in fact falling and has been for months though, including on food and rent and transportation. That doesn't mean rent prices are going down, but the "inflation is out of control" line is republican party "keep saying it so people believe it" fabrication that flies in the face of the actual economic data.

this is the right thread to follow for actual economic news with no tweets allowed, and not in a politics forum. It's as close to real a data-driven information channel about the economy as I've found and more people should participate.

Yeah, youre exactly right on the money here. Im just bitching at the liver and onions the democrats are giving me

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Lmao i didn’t read the last two pages but anyone suggesting vin diesel won’t be involved in the next (or ANY) F&F franchise is… confused. I’ll be polite.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

BlindSite posted:

They'll figure it out eventually but its still not a good look for the finished product.

Anytime you end up with copious rewrites, reshoots and writers / directors are making GBS threads bricks you're in for a bad outcome see: all of marvel and star wars for like 6 years now.

Yeah, it’s true. Whenever I hear about a movie being reshot or whatnot, I automatically write it off.

My point was Vin basically owns the rights to F+F, and his ego is insane. He won’t do a movie without himself

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Timby posted:

Mortal Kombat is bad, but it is an entertainingly cheesy bad and carried by the unrelenting charisma of Cary Hiroyuki-Tagawa. And, of course, the soundtrack rocks.

Christopher Lambert absolutely rules the first one, how anyone can hate that performance is beyond me

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

FizFashizzle posted:

clearly just breezed through his lines ten minutes before they started rolling and didn't give a poo poo at all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f52VK8qTEoA

It’s amazing. The entire scene in the boat alone got me hooked

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Nodoze posted:

It's too bad The Witcher sucked rear end so much he didn't want to do it anymore

Odd way to recap what happened there but ultimately Witcher wasn’t very good - so you’re not wrong - and the adaptations for film are what caused the rift between him and the producer so I get it.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Jesus Christ if kid rock of all people is truly your best draw then you’re literally a carnival

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
If you combine The Weeknd Drake and Bieber maybe you equal Tay Tay but wrong country and all that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I have a non-apple smartwatch and I absolutely love it.