Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Freaquency posted:

Also because I know all you degens want to know:

Congrats Lee on being the 2023 Chat Thread king

drat I've really fallen off

this is already a bad year because the cowboys are in the playoffs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Rewatching The Wire for the first time in over 10 years, forgot how good this show is

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Finding out Idris Elba is extremely british was such a mindfuck for me after watching The Wire

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Ok I just started digging into Wire casting stuff and heard McNulty's actor's real voice and jesus loving christ

C-Euro posted:

Yeah, in his Hot Ones interview he talks about overhearing David Simon not wanting to cast any Brits, so he faked an American accent for the audition lol. Whatever works!

Well McNulty slipped past too I guess

e: Carver initially read for the Stringer part?! lmao

Intruder fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Jan 8, 2024

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

My introduction to Oklahoma style smash burgers

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Tell him the legend of Lamar taking a poo poo

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Trump talk is heating up

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

speaking of game shows, I loved dragon's dogma so when the show came out I was excited to watch it and....... YIKES

however I learned dragon's dogma 2 is coming and I'm stoked as hell

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The finalfinal boss of the game is basically impossible to beat now so might as well not waste your time with him but other than that I love the game so much. It's like Shadow of the Colossus meets Dragon Age

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Lmfao what the gently caress is this?

I respect the hustle

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

god drat I forgot how big a piece of poo poo ziggy is

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

rewatching the wire, he's the annoying rear end in a top hat poo poo son of frank

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

swickles posted:

Oh man, would Eatdatpussy be considered a proto-milkshake duck.

Nah the milkshake duck meme predates his pedo poo poo by quite a bit I think

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

seiferguy posted:

Some YouTube channel that ran their own version of To Catch A Predator ran a sting and he was "caught." Since they weren't cops he wasn't arrested but it was all published and yeah, reputation is hosed.

They caught him trying to meet up with a 13 year old. Apparently it happened again late 2023

The biggest reason he wasn't arrested seems to be because the guy running the channel didn't bother to let any law enforcement know beforehand

Intruder fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Jan 12, 2024

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Ughhhhhhh my dad apparently has a 10 year old DUI warrant out of Oregon. Yes he's known about it, yes he knows how to fix it, and yes he's had contact with cops in that time frame and wasn't arrested or extradited. I found this out because he originally said he'd go to Hawaii with my grandma to help her out since she can't really walk anymore but then changed his mind the night before because he didn't want to risk getting arrested. It's infuriating because I could have gone instead but it's so last minute and we're so swamped that I can't get 2 weeks off in a row until probably March now.

Is he at least going to take care of it now

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

My lunch is also at home

As am I

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Tulalip Tulips posted:

He says he will because he feels bad about ruining my grandma's first vacation in like 5 years but I'm 99% sure he'll forget or decide to spend his time and money elsewhere. Dad did suggest his ex-wife's ex-husband could go instead but Nanna didn't really want a convicted murderer (I can't remember if he killed one or two people) who just got out of prison last year to help her.

It's too cold and we didn't any snow where I'm at. If it's going to be freezing at least give me that.

His ex-wife's ex-husband? Am I crazy or is that a weird offer even without the other stuff which I won't pry into at all

I'd say bug him about it every few days but I'm sure you've thought of that already

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

seiferguy posted:

Yeah, the 13 year old didn't exist. It was someone acting as one, hence the sting. But yeah, no court would use that as evidence.

With the latest incident it appears to be a real 15 year old he'd been sexting with/sending dick pics to who reported him and there's an actual criminal complaint making its way through the system but I don't know much more than what I was able to quickly google

But the 13 year old not existing doesn't matter, police run those kinds of stings all the time. The problem was that the youtuber did all this stuff on his own so there's no way to use it against him in court

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Life in the south: my kids school has already been closed for tomorrow, not for snow but for cold temperatures. The high is 33 and the low is 20

GD_American posted:

Meet Henry James. He is so stinkin' cute.

:stwoon:

Can't wait to meet his son Indiana

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

e: wrong thread

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Silly Burrito posted:

Work’s closed, school’s closed, maybe some flurries tonight. Might get to 18 in the next day or so.

Any time we have a school and work closure my dad has us over for French toast so :dance:

The downside of working from home is work is never closed :v:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

so I guess I should have let that last bit of onion go instead of trying to use my mandolin like a paring knife

"If I go slow I won't cut myse-"

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Amy Pole Her posted:

Cs get degrees baby

Five years after getting your degree not a single potential employer will give a poo poo what your GPA was anyway

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

e: Harry is 5th though

Dunno why I typed Henry the first time

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Pron on VHS posted:

Popeyes sides are….dire.

The mashed potatoes are fine, and are good for dipping your tendies into

The biscuits are wonderful although I can make better at home

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1755757290953515479

:lol:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

swickles posted:

We have a dishwasher but don't use it often. Its old and the coating on the racks is coming off. We will get a new one eventually, but it's pretty low on the list of things to do around the house. In my apartment in Miami we had a half dishwasher which was great. For just two people I could load it up with the days dishes and run it at night.

Also this is the only watch I will ever invest in

https://twitter.com/AlsikkanTV/status/1755629958179791235?t=Yh65uGVAownl2O0_eG7ogQ&s=19

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Aren't teflon pans generally machine washable? I don't because they're easy to hand clean and I'd rather stick a larger number of smaller dishes in the dishwasher instead but I thought they were dishwasher safe

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Fair enough. Glad I've handwashed my pots and pans all these years

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Rectal Placenta posted:

Gotta have the super secret non stick pan just for eggs

Every now and then I give eggs a try on my cast iron then ask why I do this to myself

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Every time I see a dishwasher detergent commercial the people are putting stuff in the dishwasher with barely a rinse, everything is still caked on. Does that poo poo actually come clean? I always rinse everything solid off

Never much felt like testing it out and having to redo a load

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Joey Freshwater posted:

Man I heard The Marvels was bad but I was willing to give it a chance and yikes

It seemed ok to start with but got progressively worse as it went on

e: also how is Kelsey Grammer's blue Beast still the best one they've managed in any of these movies (after credits scene spoiler)

Intruder fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Feb 10, 2024

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Android Apocalypse posted:

Real :corsair: moment when I have 2 beers during an early dinner and it knocks my rear end out for a couple hours. Granted, each one was >10% ABV but that used to not phase me in my 20's.

Now I'm awake (albeit a bit hung over) and now birthday boy here in Colorado wants to do some bar hopping. :rip:

Probably a good thing tbh, when I was overdoing it I could down 4 or 5 beers at 9 ABV without being even a little drowsy (a bad thing)

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmRhnDVMnn8

Books from here

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

https://twitter.com/githii/status/1757500612143407501

tl;dw: an acorn hits the car, officer yells shots fired, empties his magazine into the car, yells that he's been hit, then the awkardness begins

Story here

https://weartv.com/news/local/okaloosa-county-deputy-resigns-following-officer-involved-shooting-in-november

Intruder fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Feb 14, 2024

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

LeeMajors posted:

We need to shut the police down until we know what is going on

The sheepish "Dude, am I hit?" at the end kills me

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

LeeMajors posted:

His tactical roll had me dying until I realized he shot a handcuffed, detained dude to pieces all because he’s afraid of acorns.

Good news, he didn't hit anyone

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I think it still counts as deadly force even if you miss just because you're shooting at someone. The story said he wasn't hit, I presume that includes the sergeant

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Apparently onlyfans doesn’t even allow the more graphic stuff anymore?

Somebody told me that and I am not going to fact check

You know it's not true because the site hasn't gone under yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Shindragon took that loss pretty hard

swickles posted:

Edit: so the whole "cops are heroes" thing is getting dismantled real fast now isn't it:

You'd think we'd have gotten to that point when the cops in Uvalde refused to go in but parents snuck in and got their kids out

Intruder fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Feb 15, 2024