Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Happy New Year, chat thread! Was looking forward to spending the day in my pajamas and maybe trying to read a book for a few minutes but I've got a surprise brunch with the in-laws so I'm dragging my hungover rear end out into the gray, cold, wet morning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

General Dog posted:

I’m really happy with Pocket Casts on Apple; I assume they’re available on Android.

This is what I use on Android and it's been everything I need it to be

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

swickles posted:

Its 6 degrees, what the gently caress man

Glad it's finally warming up

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Nervous posted:

TFF, guess what?

Nice pelicans

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Thanks for this!

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

kiimo posted:

Sorry to change the subject but the trailer I (my team and I) have been working on just dropped and I'm proud of this one. The trailer and movie rule. I posted this just now in the trailer thread but want to share it here too.

If you like John Wick, Nobody, The Raid, that kind of poo poo but want a socio-economic subtext involving the caste system this poo poo is for you. Dev Patel's directorial debut and this is probably the beginning of a tentpole franchise. He's going to be a thing.

https://twitter.com/monkeymanmovie/status/1750910440761389088

This looks awesome

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Blacked Plaqued

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Dango Bango posted:

The combination of smoke for both the butt and the gender reveal made me picture blue or pink smoke coming out of your smoker lol.

Comes out pink if it's a butt, blue if it's a tenderloin

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

3 DONG HORSE posted:

No Man's Sky is a survival crafting game that lied to me I hate that game :mad:

Never played it but I just heard this morning that 65daysofstatic did the soundtrack. I used to listen to them in college but thought they broke up like 15 years ago. Soundtrack sounds pretty good!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS1yWpVlRlc

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Trump u too :mad:

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

Just arrived in Indianapolis for some eclipse viewing. Kinda neat walkable downtown so far ...

Welcome! Cloud cover forecasts looking very favorable here so far

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

Edit: ^^ I want to believe your mom actually calls you Skwirl

Thanks! Keeping my fingers crossed for the forecast to hold. Spent the whole day with the fam at the zoo. Kids loved it and the dolphin dome is amazing. Got pooped on 3 times by the lorikeets but they are still cute and sat on my kids so they get a pass.

If you're in town long enough, the Children's Museum is world-class and well worth a visit. Cafeteria is an outrageous ripoff, though.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

I knew I couldn't get a good photo so I didn't want to use up too much time trying. The few I did take didn't even look like an eclipse. This was totality:

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Pain of Mind posted:

Wife's birthday tomorrow, snuck to the store to get stuff to make a cake as well as let the kids pick out some decorations and flowers, then hid everything so we could do it all tomorrow while she is at work. Literally within 2 seconds of getting home the 5 year old told her everything unprompted.

We can't tell my 4-year-old what gifts we get people because she has a history of telling them what the gift is right before they open it

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Quiet Feet posted:

AA would never throw away a wing. :colbert:

Not even the bones, just slip them into your pocket

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

seiferguy posted:

Any of y'all been to Rome? I'm spending a couple days there for work and have 1.5 days free. I've got one morning going to the colleseum, the Roman forum and Palantine Hill, then will probably get lunch then I got the rest of day till dinner. I might head to the Vatican if my Catholic guilt takes over but I'm also upset with the church so...

Getting dinner that night then I've got a gala dinner the following evening as I pretend I'm a serious businessman.

If you want to see stuff like the Colosseum, look into buying a Roma Pass ahead of time. You'll see a long line at the Colosseum but that's just to buy tickets. If you have the Roma Pass then you can skip the ticket line and waltz right in. For the Colosseum and the Forum I downloaded audio tours from the Rick Steves app and listened to them with headphones while walking around.

I'm not normally one to spring for guided tours but the Vatican is one place I felt really benefitted from having a guide. I went with Walks of Italy when I visited the Vatican and that worked out pretty well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Intruder posted:

I wanna see the Pacers make the Finals

My man