Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
Chalk another one up for father time, got my grandma this morning at the age of 92 :(. She'd been in decline for a while, so it wasn't a surprise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

TFFs biggest problem is its GDPC isn't growing fast enough. Number must go up :jpmf:

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

I used to get anxiety about posting. What if it's not good/funny/interesting/sexy enough?

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Look at this precious baby that loves to be held

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

FizFashizzle posted:

Has there ever been a parent who said “yeah my kid is loving dumb”

Wait until there are two of them yelling and running through the house and they collide full speed into each other coming around a corner. You hear the crack of the impact, a quarter second of shocked silence, then simultaneous crying unhappy children. It was really really hard not to burst out laughing because you could see it coming a mile away but it had to happen sometime.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Thaddius the Large posted:

To paraphrase Animal House, they can’t do that to our citizens, only we can do that to our citizens!

Sad but true. Gotta swing that geopolitical big dick around and make sure everyone still knows you're the boss.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

GD_American posted:

oh poo poo I just realized

is Caro the richest goon of all time?

No, the NFC East thread collectively is. Because they all have each other to hate on

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

He crawled under the entire length of the blanket to try and ambush his brother :3:

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Central Transport was always my least favorite carrier to deal with when I used to do shipping.

Freaquency posted:

John Oliver did a whole episode on how bad the train infrastructure is here a couple of weeks ago. Would you believe that consolidation and an emphasis on “efficiency” has turned the rail companies into a train wreck? :monocle:

I watched this. Staffing has been cut so drastically that if you called in sick you could lose your job because there'd be no one to cover the gap. Safety inspection times went from ten minutes to less then a minute, with predictable results.

Nervous fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Jan 6, 2024

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

I am deliriously happy that Washington got embarrassed today.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

I like burritos. Happy Birthday Silly Burrito.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Birbs are doing alright. They're done molting and I'm starting to get more eggs again.

Wishing I'd taken a picture of the ice block I dropped out of their water feeder this morning. Ice was close to two inches thick.

Nervous fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Jan 13, 2024

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Quiet Feet posted:

I want you to know I appreciate this.

Makes sense. Frozen feet are quiet feet.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

CannonFodder posted:

When you showed this to your kids (because I KNOW you did, that's a solid :dadjoke: ) how did they react?

Got some solid looks here when I asked everyone if they wanted to see a place with two feet of snow.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

I've been feeling some of that ennui creeping into me at 37. I've started regularly exercising the last couple of months. I started really putting on body fat this last summer for the first time in my life. It's helped make me more energetic and feel better about myself. Try and follow along to a YouTube workout video. I like Bullyjuice's workouts, he's got a ton of no equipment sessions that'll wear you out.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

This is Nightshade. He's so stinking cute. Omg :3:

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

a sexual elk posted:

Ports gave us a $200 a year voucher for Redwings. I still have a couple I used for other various warehouse work walking for 10 miles a day and one pair I use only for hiking. Still in great shape, just well made footwear.

Can vouch for these. Still got my first pair I've been wearing for years, originally as ten hour a day warehouse work.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Got a helluva icicle going.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

RG3ESPN posted:

What the gently caress do you all want in this world before you die? Most of you have uhhh what 20-30 years left to die on this rock?

Two chicks at the same time.

Serious answer, two acres in NW Washington where I have a small dock and personal shop. Ideally with small private wind and tidal turbines. And a 32-36 ft cruiser.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

TFF, guess what?

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

poo poo, why not? Get a burner phone and write its number on it and see if you get lucky.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

He's asleep right now :3:

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Indicas for me are largely more relaxing and conducive to sleep. Sativas tend to be more energizing and are more likely to cause me anxiety and keep me up. Though I use concentrates in vape cartridges, not edibles. Plan 2+ hours for an edible to take effect.

If you do concentrates, get a terpene chart if you like to pay attention to flavor and the different effects terpenes can have on the high. For instance, I've heard certain terpenes can help reduce the anxiety, like limolene. Haven't looked into that part though.

Nervous fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Jan 22, 2024

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Its Rinaldo posted:

Pineapple is disgusting

What's it like knowing you're cursed?

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Endless...

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

TFF, meet Shadow. He's tiny and amazing and the bestest boy ever :allears:

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Android Apocalypse posted:

Give the dog a de-boned chicken wing.

He got some some chicken earlier today :)

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Android Apocalypse posted:

Her engagement ring from Kelce will be his championship ring.

Was gonna say, I'm sure Kelce would bring along to part with one to keep Ms Swift happy.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Nervous posted:

Was gonna say, I'm sure Kelce would be happy to part with one to keep Ms Swift happy.

Quote is not edit woops

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Manoueverable posted:

Basically all of America was. But we don't get nice things, ever.

I got a puppy :colbert:

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Ornery and Hornery posted:

What breed is shadow and do they like scritches and on a scale of perfect-to-perfect where do they rate?

He's a miniature Dachshund. He'll maybe double in size from now. He loves scratches and belly rubs and is a perfect good boy

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

No it'll only give one person nightmares.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

So stinking cuuuuuute

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

He was bullying the puppy at first. Today the puppy got tired of his poo poo and started chasing the cat (Nermal) back and Nermal did not expect it. They aren't fighting or anything though and I'm still hopeful they'll warm up too each other.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Kalli posted:

Back in that era I was visiting Hong Kong yearly and buying tons and tons of bootleg game CD's and I remember this one RTS I've never been able to find anything out about, I suspect the game was never released.

There were 4 factions, kinda starcraft style gameplay, one of which were fully plant units and another that were these weird salamandar monk looking guys with psionic powers. Game was really neat but would inevitably crash after like 20 minutes.

I probably enjoyed Total Annihilation the most out of RTS's. Just building gigantic defense networks and watching the AI throw endless numbers of enemies at it. Just fun to watch. Terribly balanced and so many utterly useless units, but man they were cool, no matter how long it took them to setup, start launching the slowest, inaccurate projectiles imaginable.

Man, I love Sympathy for Lady Vengeance. The scene with the parents and the videos is one of the most intense scenes I've sat through in any movie

I loved setting up gently caress off artillery batteries and slowly clearing the map in Total Annihilation. They just ran with the idea and let you build just about whatever army you could dream up no matter how poorly it might fare. I did not grasp the idea of the different building tabs when Young Nervous first played, so the campaign got really hard really fast!

Now that I think about it, it's pretty much the RTS precursor to the paperclip game.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Puppy update: Shadow and Nermal face off in the ruins of Fort Kitterton. Both sides would later withdraw peace fully for a time.

However, conflict would flare back up.

Despite being taken at unawares, Shadow was ultimately able to drive off the perfidious Nermal.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

I am very confused about positive Snyder chat in a TFF thread. Everything is upside down and outside in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

swickles posted:

Like a lot of things (but not everything) the truth lies in the middle. Dude has a massive fanbase of super annoying people who think he is cinematically infallible. He also has been reliant on a single, simple style and hasn't made a great film in a long time. He also made some great films and developed a recognizable style, something very few directors have done. It's easy to jump on the he sucks or he is a genius side, when it's really both.

In conclusion, Dan Snyder is a land of contrasts.