Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Woke up in Dubai,.

Starting with “woke up in Dubai” makes it sound like it was a surprise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Wistful of Dollars posted:

Starting with “woke up in Dubai” makes it sound like it was a surprise.

For some workers, it is

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

The little man helped me replace a taillight assembly today.

Then he got his hand on an impact driver and I had to keep him from "fixing" the paint on my driver's side door.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Tag yourself, I'm "odor"

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Woke up in Dub-ai,

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
woke up this morning, got yourself a passport

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

trilobite terror posted:

woke up this morning, got yourself a passport

Oh no, the mods took your passport. You can't leave.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
yeah that rhymes

anyway can someone invent a gun to shoot facebook morons through their monitors for clicking the "is this available" button on marketplace and then not following through beyond that point? tia

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice
Just heard they're canceling the drat eclipse over the anticipated traffic issues. All the small towns in the path of totality can't deal with the influx of people, saying the strained road network will hurt emergency response times. It's a bunch of bullshit if you ask me, I was really looking forward to this. :mad:

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
DEI strikes again, Trump wouldn't let the white moon be held down like this.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Accurate.

NoWake posted:

Just heard they're canceling the drat eclipse over the anticipated traffic issues. All the small towns in the path of totality can't deal with the influx of people, saying the strained road network will hurt emergency response times. It's a bunch of bullshit if you ask me, I was really looking forward to this. :mad:

I have news about celestial mechanics and how that related to what we tiny carbon based infestation think and feel.

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice

Darchangel posted:

I have news about celestial mechanics and how that related to what we tiny carbon based infestation think and feel.

I got a few people with this, for about 38 seconds until they realized what day it is :laugh:

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

Ether Frenzy posted:

DEI strikes again, Trump wouldn't let the white moon be held down like this.

He's going to get flown in via helicopter so he can stare directly into it

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

So for the first time in my life I got a legit Pizza injury that sent me to the ER.

Typical mistake of taking a bite too soon, the cheese slid off and went over my lip burning it pretty good, blister soon after and an eventual sore/scab. Almost a week later while it's still healing, I woke up in the middle of the night looking like i got in a fight with Jake Paul, the entire left side of my face was sore and my lip looked like Kim Kardashian's rear end fresh out of plastic surgery.

Seeing as an infection like that anywhere on your head is very much no bueno, I hightailed it to the ER and after paying a $400 co pay to hear "yep that's an infection" got some antibiotics I get to take for the next ten days, which is GREAT for people like me with crohn's disease......NOT.

All because of a slice of loving pizza :v:

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
What kind of pizza?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

It was a frozen California Pizza Kitchen brand, BBQ Chicken. Not bad actually for frozen.

My son had just made it and I just went to grab a slice quick not realizing it just came out of the oven and YOWZA

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Coworker accidentally inhaled half of a red-hot microwaved turkey meatball the other day which got lodged in his throat and burnt the hell out of him - be careful out there folks, not only are food prices going to put us all on the streets but the dishes themselves are actively rising up to hurt us.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
Just a few months ago I was waiting for my spam fried rice to cool down and I was so hungry that I decided to take a bite of something I knew would be too hot to eat, and my response to the burning in my mouth wasn't to spit it out. No, for some loving reason, I instinctively swallowed the food that was scalding my mouth and almost threw up because it was now burning my stomach instead of my mouth
Thankfully, it was one of the few burns I've had that didn't get infected. It mostly meant I couldn't eat anything too firm for a few days or else I would feel it scraping my insides and start trying to throw it up

I'm a loving dumbass :sterv:

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Applebees Appetizer posted:

It was a frozen California Pizza Kitchen brand, BBQ Chicken. Not bad actually for frozen.

My son had just made it and I just went to grab a slice quick not realizing it just came out of the oven and YOWZA

California sends its regards to the east coast

Seriously though that sucks hope you heal up okay and speedy.

SpeedFreek
Jan 10, 2008
And Im Lobster Jesus!

Yet the dog can choke one down cardboard and all in the time it takes you to walk to the living room and turn on the TV and back.

Good luck getting your guts back to semi normal.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Amazing how one little instance can really gently caress your poo poo up for awhile, like if had picked up that slice a minute later it would have been fine. It's all you think about when you're sitting in the ER with your face swelled up, like how the hell did this happen lol. Even the doctor that looked me over was like "How did this happen again?" then "I've never seen or heard of this kind of an infection caused by a slice of pizza before" making me feel like a total dumbass for managing to be the guy that baffles the doctor.

At least I'll have a good story out of it :v:

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
What's the icd11 code for "mouth infection subsequent to pizza burn"

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

kastein posted:

PZ425OWW

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

Coworker accidentally inhaled half of a red-hot microwaved turkey meatball the other day which got lodged in his throat and burnt the hell out of him - be careful out there folks, not only are food prices going to put us all on the streets but the dishes themselves are actively rising up to hurt us.

Jesus, I can't imagine burning the inside of my throat like that, that's a whole new level of I hosed UP

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

kastein posted:

R06.5

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp
Man, imagine just straight up dying from something like that in a pre/post antibiotic world.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Is there really anything more American than the irony that the more likely you are to be microwaving a Johnsonville Cheddarwurst at 3 in the morning, the less likely you are to have insurance that covers the upcoming skin grafts to your neck/lips/cheek/inner mouth/ear/forearm and eyelid if you bite into one of those too soon?

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk

Ether Frenzy posted:

Is there really anything more American than the irony that the more likely you are to be microwaving a Johnsonville Cheddarwurst at 3 in the morning, the less likely you are to have insurance that covers the upcoming skin grafts to your neck/lips/cheek/inner mouth/ear/forearm and eyelid if you bite into one of those too soon?

Stopped in at a local bakery for a loaf of bread this afternoon, and in the hot cabinet with the pies and sausage rolls they had our local equivalent of these. I grabbed one for a snack on the way home, and even though it was hot as gently caress on my fingers, I continued to eat it, burning myself with hot cheese, thinking of this thread the whole time.

Got healthcare here though!

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

The Door Frame posted:

Just a few months ago I was waiting for my spam fried rice to cool down and I was so hungry that I decided to take a bite of something I knew would be too hot to eat, and my response to the burning in my mouth wasn't to spit it out. No, for some loving reason, I instinctively swallowed the food that was scalding my mouth and almost threw up because it was now burning my stomach instead of my mouth
Thankfully, it was one of the few burns I've had that didn't get infected. It mostly meant I couldn't eat anything too firm for a few days or else I would feel it scraping my insides and start trying to throw it up

I'm a loving dumbass :sterv:

I did something similar once when I had a cup of fresh brewed hot coffee and a glass of water next to each other on my desk, I absentmindedly picked up the coffee cup instead of the water, took a big gulp of it and didn't realize what I had done until I already had swallowed it.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Bulk Vanderhuge posted:

Man, imagine just straight up dying from something like that in a pre/post antibiotic world.

That's exactly what I was thinking. I imagine if it went unchecked it wouldn't be that long before the infection made it to the brain.

In fact that's the only reason I went to the ER, I could have saved $300 by going to the walk in, but it was 4 in the morning and I didn't want to risk waiting until 10am to go to the walk in because the left side of my face did not feel right at all and it worried me, the pain was getting into my ear and I was like this is not good lol, I knew I needed some antibiotics asap.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3aby23og8s&t=144s

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Saw my first cyber truck today. It really is ugly.

i really did see one and the wall was better looking

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Looks like they've finally figured out the panel gaps.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Imperador do Brasil posted:

Saw my first cyber truck today. It really is ugly.

i really did see one and the wall was better looking
Literally lol'd

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Just watched the movie "two lane black top" starring James Taylor and Dennis Wilson. Thought it was good but kinda weird at the same time. I've heard it described as "easy rider but with no drugs, and cars instead of motorcycles".

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

wesleywillis posted:

Just watched the movie "two lane black top" starring James Taylor and Dennis Wilson. Thought it was good but kinda weird at the same time. I've heard it described as "easy rider but with no drugs, and cars instead of motorcycles".

It's a good AI type of movie imo, and the weirdness makes it good. James Taylor isn't the greatest actor which gives it some of that weirdness lol.

I had a copy on VHS back in the day, I wonder if it's on Blu ray now.

If anyone in AI hasn't seen it yet it should be required viewing on some sort of AI movie list.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

It's a good AI type of movie imo, and the weirdness makes it good. James Taylor isn't the greatest actor which gives it some of that weirdness lol.

I had a copy on VHS back in the day, I wonder if it's on Blu ray now.

If anyone in AI hasn't seen it yet it should be required viewing on some sort of AI movie list.

Criterion collection did some sort of restoration with some commentary and what not and out it out on DVD a while back. I picked up my copy on nozama

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

wesleywillis posted:

'55 Chevy, though!
Isn't that the same '55 used as Bob Falfa's (Harrison Ford) car in American Graffiti?

edit: yes, it is!
There were in fact 3. 2 (hero and stunt car) were reused in American Graffiti, and they all actually had big-block Chevies, roll cages, and limited slip diffs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_V7hOggTCc

Darchangel fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Apr 8, 2024

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

wesleywillis posted:

Dennis Wilson is also the beach boy who was in thrall to Charles Manson because Manson brought him 14 year old girls to have sex with. James Taylor sang Carole King's "You've Got a Friend" and made it somehow more treacly, it's up to the listener to decide who is actually worse.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Fair.