Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

mariooncrack posted:

RSV is going around too.

Yeah and it knocked me flat on my rear end for a solid week after Thanksgiving. The coughing was worse than what I had with Covid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

cursedshitbox posted:

fwiw it's pretty wet here right now. Let's see if I can bury a bricknose to the frame this weekend.

With the size of your hammer, I guarantee you can bury it into pretty much whatever you want

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Leperflesh posted:

it is very straightforward accounting wizardry: the company takes a one-time cash hit, on the books, as a cost of layoffs, and then doesn't have a forward-projected cost of paying those employees. Investors really love that poo poo, they're happy to eat a $100M dollar one-time cost to cut an <undisclosed amount> in payroll. For some loving reason.

Recently saw this happen in Q3 and the impact was in Q4 we lost the same amount that we earned for the whole year 2023. So basically the layoffs cut the annual earnings in half. In turn, we didn't make a key performance threshold, meaning they cut everyone's upcoming bonus payout in half, including the eligible former employees that were laid off. But investors got their dividend! We'll see the plants we shut down come back online in 2025 after the election is over. Same thing happened in 2008. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Goober Peas fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Feb 10, 2024

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

slidebite posted:

Really? Is yours the first gen 19-21 or 22+? There is a pretty major difference in torque between them. The one I drive is a 23. Something like ~90lb/ft difference for the newer ones.... it's pretty big.

I'm able to get mid 20s MPG fairly easily often high 20s long as I'm not pushing a hell of a headwind. I think my record was 6L/100KM but that's certainly not the norm.

I find the motivate factor is generally pretty good but if you mat it at a not great place on the curve it indeed feel gutless but I find getting into the boostu from lower end instead of already up high seems to work well, presumably because of the gearing at that point as well.

And I think there were 2 versions of the same engine up until 2024. The WT and LT had the detuned version. 2024 eliminated the detuned version.